1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Master

Good morning everyone FB_IMG_1599480656358.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That’s really disappointing, especially if the move to a Libre 2 loses us the best way I know to receive alarms!

• Like Like x 1
  3. PaulAshby

PaulAshby Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Got the shivers the night I had it but nothing else, been fine since.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@Fairygodmother The Libre2 does have an alarm you can set for one low and one high number. You have to keep it 20 feet in range for it to do so. When it alarms you have to scan to get it to shut off the alarm and it doesn't display what you are at until you scan. No calibrating still and it is still off in readings.

So it would be a shame if you can't use an ap to be able to just glance at what number you are at and to set a different number for night versus day. I purposely kept my dog on the 14 day Libre with a miao mia and the tomato ap so I could calibrate, have different alarms and have a reading on my phone screen. A step forward for the Libre, but until someone figures it out a step back for people that use other tech with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

24 hrs after the Astra Zeneca shot on Saturday, I started to develop what appears to be some cold like side effects. Nothing serious, just headaches, sore throat and sniffles - all on the list of side effects, (but then I don't know if I've caught a cold by another means?)

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm using Android 6.1 on an old Galaxy Note 4, so the libre 2 app wont upgrade on this device.
    LOl, the phone is great. i cant really justify changing it for a newer model.

Since i self fund my sensors, i shall go back to using the setup with the L1.
    With regards to the Watlaa.. There seems to be no firmware upgrade on the horizon. The Bubble is another alternative Bluetooth bridge that is reported to work with the L2. When/if the options run out with the L1s.....

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Having said all that @Fairygodmother using the L2 as a "scanner."
    I fancy it's a little more consistently accurate than the L1?

But i am only 2 days in.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all, now 48 hours since my AZ vaccination. Slept for a long time Saturday night, and apart from a real purple & black bruise, nothing to report really. Woke v high this morning for no apparent reason, but that would seem to be a bit after the event? Unless I'm just very slow to react.....:hilarious:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Coo... a real face to face review at my GPs next week. I just missed out last year on the annual review and was not at all bothered as Fantastic GP had just moved away (and I really didn't want to see the one offered instead for reviews) but, as I need them to keep prescribing, I will take who is offered this time smile sweetly if it's someone who is going to be less than helpful and continue to follow/ask for clinic advice if needed.

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  10. hh1

Blimey - go you! Hope it's more satisfactory than my phone consultation, look forward to hearing how it goes!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a nice day

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. karen8967

Good morning everyone FB_IMG_1583825846307.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

Lots of rain today, I think we are to get a bunch tomorrow too. Hopefully it eases off by Thursday as I have a dentist appointment and they will close the road to that side of the island if it rains too much. Although if I get a call they are closing due to the road closing, I'm not sure I'll be too disappointed as it's just a cleaning and x-rays.

We are lots better than part of the country which is having some very nasty snowstorms and frigid temps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  14. Fairygodmother

I found blood sugars went a bit wild for the first week, settled again after 10 days which is a big relief. I blame the chimp bits of the AZ (joke).

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Fairygodmother

I had a follow up blood pressure appointment with the lovely DSN at the surgery yesterday. It was wonderful to have a good walk there with a purpose and wonderful to catch up with her too, a bit of ordinary chat as well as BP. I’ve really missed such things as face to face chats with people who aren’t neighbours. BP a good 125/80 too. I’m now the proud owner of a BP machine GP neighbour picked up for me - from Lidl - and instructions to use it if symptoms occur again. And no, it wasn’t anxiety that caused the wretch. Jubilant to have first dose, but still wary as the wily virus does its virus evolution stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. hh1

Morning all, we've gone from frozen solid to trudging through mud again. Roll on proper spring please!

I was obviously lucky @Fairygodmother, no noticeable effect on bg from my AZ vaccination. I do wonder whether the paracetamol I was taking for something entirely different had any impact, but since I'll never know, I'm happy to have had no side effects of note. My bruise is a beautiful colour but since it doesn't hurt I don't care!

• Like Like x 4
  17. bubble_clo

bubble_clo Type 1 · Newbie

Hello everyone, I'm new here (obviously!).

Hope it's ok to join in, I don't really have anyone to talk to about my diabetes and I've had a look through here and it looks great :)

Blood sugars currently at 4.6 so that's good (better than the highs I usually have!!)

Hope you all have a good day!

• Like Like x 7
  18. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Everyone's welcome to the party.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Fairygodmother

Welcome @bubble_clo. This thread’s a lovely mix of chat and Type One things, and like @urbanracer says welcome to the party.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wanderer89

Wanderer89 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes you are right about the talking to people. Don’t think I have come across many type 1s in person in my life to share our experiences so it’s handy to read the forum now & again you can learn a lot from it. Each person is different though. I’m still learning things to this day!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook