Type 1'stars R Us

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
One of my older sister's got married yesterday, absolutely fantastic day and I loved being a bridesmaid although I did stress over having to walk down the aisle first :hilarious: My blood sugars did not want to play ball at all and I just decided it was going to be a bad day sugars wise and there was nothing that was going to change that so I partially let them just do their thing, coming back into range nicely today.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
One of my older sister's got married yesterday, absolutely fantastic day and I loved being a bridesmaid although I did stress over having to walk down the aisle first :hilarious: My blood sugars did not want to play ball at all and I just decided it was going to be a bad day sugars wise and there was nothing that was going to change that so I partially let them just do their thing, coming back into range nicely today.

I'm liking the wedding and bridesmaids part! I've really been enjoying the weddings catch-up we've been doing (I play the organ for weddings at my church - normally one at most a year, but this year there's 3!) and it's been so lovely to see, especially ones which have been postponed more than once.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning Karen, good morning everyone.
Lots going on, and I missed it all so exciting catch up reading. My life’s a bit dull compared a lovely wedding (sounds wonderful @Nicola M) , taming a new pupil and keeping a business going single handed (good luck with those @Jaylee and @Japes).
All I can report is that a refreshing walk in the woods was surprisingly peaceful, just 6 other people and a couple of dogs in a huge area. All still distancing too, apart from the dogs, and cheerful to stop and chat. I like the social chatting with strangers this pandemic’s brought, wonder if it’s the only benefit. Hope it doesn’t disappear.

blacknjr

Good Afternoon :) i was nervous to get my Hba1c results today but the clinc canceled my appointment and now i have to make a new one. I just hate when they do that but at least i can relax a bit and not worry about my result. I hope all of you have a great day

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Would you like me to move your post and reactions to it to a thread of its own?

I find it much easier to swallow tablets with a spoonful of yoghurt or applesauce or such than with water. Those are watery foods too, of course but at least the volume needed to swallow is smaller.
Would this help with not 'wasting' your water ration on tablets?
Thank you, Antje, yes please for move.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So... I follow protocols for my student to the letter, but do I do it for myself? Well, not at home when deciding to do a handful of job whilst waiting for dinner to finish cooking. That'll be the can of Full Fat Coke as an aperitif whilst I shove the cauliflower cheese back in the oven.

Yes, of course, I'd make my students sit down for the requisite 15 minutes.

We are definitely all back on the premises with full access to all areas and my workplace step count was clearly my pre-pandemic normal and I need to remember that I do not need to feel guilty for not doing my pandemic times 10,000 steps before work.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes And I'm sure the coke was really really good too!

Actually, it was! I don't taste the sugar when I'm hypo - and once I'm back up again, I do. I've had to explain a couple of times why there was no 15 minutes follow-up test after a 3.?? and I've had to explain the weirdness of the sugar taste thing. (A 2.?? does always get a proper re-test.)

Reactions: Antje77

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
A lot of the time I don't taste the sweetness either when I'm low. Not always though, so I'm thinking it must be when I am at a certain level and that level has dropped over time.

Reactions: Japes

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, spent the weekend very busy in the garden, absolutely knackered at the end of each day as some of what I'm doing includes digging, shifting soil around, and getting gravel out of dumpy bags and barrowing it then spreading it. Hence the radio silence, looking forward to rain today as I'll get a day off! Hope you have a reason to enjoy whatever weather you get, and apologies to those experiencing really heavy downfalls today; according to the latest forecast it's not going to be that bad here.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
There's still a shortage of "clean" dirt here. Our landscapers managed to find 15 small bags at Home Depot. That at least filled in the converted pond into garden area where the dirt had settled. But there is no area to get rid of concrete here either. We have a small pad we want taken out and the landscapers said they will do it but have been trying to find out where to take the concrete. But our hedges and trees are trimmed, a few palms taken out and everything weeded.

Our lighted turtles just came that we ordered for our Christmas display, And now we ordered a lighted palm to go with them. Last year we added some flamingos so I think we will set up a small "tropical" area on the right. We also have a moose for our regular area that we got last year but it didn't come in time. We are always on the lookout for new natural looking animals to add.

Reactions: hh1 and Hopeful34

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's still a shortage of "clean" dirt here. Our landscapers managed to find 15 small bags at Home Depot. That at least filled in the converted pond into garden area where the dirt had settled. But there is no area to get rid of concrete here either. We have a small pad we want taken out and the landscapers said they will do it but have been trying to find out where to take the concrete. But our hedges and trees are trimmed, a few palms taken out and everything weeded.

Our lighted turtles just came that we ordered for our Christmas display, And now we ordered a lighted palm to go with them. Last year we added some flamingos so I think we will set up a small "tropical" area on the right. We also have a moose for our regular area that we got last year but it didn't come in time. We are always on the lookout for new natural looking animals to add.
post some pics marie2 would love to see x

Reactions: Marie 2

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day.

Cystitis didn't fully clear with 1 week of antibiotics (1 always need 2 weeks and asked for 2, but only given 3 days!!! and 4 days worth for the next infection as I'd asked for a supply to keep in), and now every time I ring no appointments available. Not their fault, BUT I know what I need, talking to a nurse/dr won't alter prescription, so finding it frustrating.

Receptionist was a total little ******, telling me I'd already had a weeks supply of antibiotics!!!

(mod edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 could you have put the concrete under the soil you've used to fill in the pond, or wasn't it deep enough? Shame you live on the other side of the world, I've got surplus very good soil here, hence barrowing it around the garden to use it up. Completely agee with @karen8967 that pics are defo needed!

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good evening (in the part of the planet that’s spinning away from the sun). I cancelled/deferred the mud pies gossip session - ceramics group for those who’ve joined us recently - that’s due to start on Monday and the relief is blood sugar bliss. Gut feeling this time. I’ll go back when my gut says it’s ok.
@Marie 2, yes, photos. Cheer us with tropical plantings!
@Hopeful34, I don’t know which antibiotic your doc prescribed but when it happened to me I eventually asked for one that was more likely to work. If you can get past the receptionist, see if your doc will give you a dose of a different one. There are some that take less than 2 weeks.
Hope you had a lovely day off @hh1, there have to be some benefits when the skies open.