Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hot off the wire in today's late edition of the Evening News:

"The Gingerbread Man has today consulted his lawyer, Gregg YumYum, the senior partner of the prestigious criminal defence firm Carb, Cake & Bolus, and been advised to make no comment on the accuracy or otherwise of his predictions."​

Mr G Man must be on good money to afford a prestigious criminal law firm on the salary working as an edible toilet door sign...
Though his "second job" as a hypo stopper is invaluable! :D

Reactions: Alison54321

jackthejoker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Remember the Cardiff study where they’d had some success regenerating beta cells in a tiny sample of long term T1s? Well, I’ve been invited to join the next stage of testing! It’s pretty full on, and includes a three day hospital stay, but I’m really excited and hoping I’ll get through the screening etc.

Off to Oxford in a minute, just need to shove some food down me.
Well done....soooo excited for you... ...It gives me hope that things might get a bit easier for my T1 little girl some day...

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Mr G Man must be on good money to afford a prestigious criminal law firm on the salary working as an edible toilet door sign...
Though his "second job" as a hypo stopper is invaluable! :D

Whoah, J, we're talking about two different things here, although they do both serve the same purpose at the end of the day.

Yer actual physically baked in the hot hell of an oven G Man is a hypo stopper when you eat him.

The libre G Man is a little gingerbread shaped icon in the libre reader screen which says how much iob there is if you tap him. Hugely useful knowing iob when deciding whether or not to correct or not, so he's doing as much as his baked cousin in reducing hypos.

Cheat code to get it is CAA1C in settings/professional options, and then twiddle through the settings, the wee fella turns up bottom right of the home screen when a bolus is entered.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well done Mel. Exciting times!

Have you planned you food parcels for your hospital stay?
You can only eat what they give you, but I’m so excited by the research that I’ll take one for the team on that.

Just arrived at my mum’s after an eight hour, 300 mile slog with a breakdown in Oxfordshire. That I fixed, because I’m amazing :couchpotato: Clearly being part cyborg has enhanced my mechanical abilities.

Sugars been a bit pants, I suspect it’s the beginning of shark week resistance but didn’t want to up my basal rate with so many miles to cover this evening. Just corrected as and when. Have upped it now, so let’s hope it’ll settle down.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can only eat what they give you, but I’m so excited by the research that I’ll take one for the team on that.

Just arrived at my mum’s after an eight hour, 300 mile slog with a breakdown in Oxfordshire. That I fixed, because I’m amazing :couchpotato: Clearly being part cyborg has enhanced my mechanical abilities.

Sugars been a bit pants, I suspect it’s the beginning of shark week resistance but didn’t want to up my basal rate with so many miles to cover this evening. Just corrected as and when. Have upped it now, so let’s hope it’ll settle down.

Yes, I can see in a trial/study they'd want that sort of control.

I'm only majorly in awe of your mechanical abilities. My repair solution would be to call the recovery people, whilst sulking like mad.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Just dropping my teenager off at Peartree Services (dad’s weekend to have him), quick T&P stop and then heading to the Wirral for a few days with my mum. Teenager will be getting the train to join me on Tuesday. Just waiting for him to get in from school (early finish on a Friday) and we’ll hit the road.

Of course Madame BG decides to take a dip...
Is part of the study about one's ability to survive hospital food??

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1540223331206.jpg

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, I had a cruddy night's sleep and woke to find I'd put on half a kilo ...HOW???
and for another kick in the posterior... Madam BG is up to her usual tricks 6.4
It also rained yesterday so the 75 tulips are still patiently waiting to be planted
On a brighter note, it's sunny and it feels warmer.

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just catching up after a day with no access - @Mel dCP what amazing news! So excited to hear how this goes for you

Reactions: kev-w

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I had a cruddy night's sleep and woke to find I'd put on half a kilo ...HOW???
and for another kick in the posterior... Madam BG is up to her usual tricks 6.4
It also rained yesterday so the 75 tulips are still patiently waiting to be planted
On a brighter note, it's sunny and it feels warmer.

Oh I would be over the moon with a 6.4

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, a waking 11,1 rising to 12 by the time I'd got downstairs, and I'm sitting at my pc watching the rain turn to flipping snow, yeah snow, only 5 minutes worth but I'm not happy as I planned to give the lawns their last cut ready for the last 'green' bin collection next week.
Child went back to mums yesterday so the house is very quiet and I've a weekend catching up on things I've neglected to do whilst she was here, gym later and some chilling after that :)

Edit; @Mel dCP good luck with your trial!

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yippee! Whilst 9.5 is not the greatest to wake up to, after cake and chips yesterday evening it could've been so much worse, I am not complaining and it's adjusted back down after a brisk hour's walk in the autumnal chill and glorious sunshine.

I've decided I don't like the word "correction" and am going for adjusting instead.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, a waking 11,1 rising to 12 by the time I'd got downstairs, and I'm sitting at my pc watching the rain turn to flipping snow, yeah snow, only 5 minutes worth but I'm not happy as I planned to give the lawns their last cut ready for the last 'green' bin collection next week.
Child went back to mums yesterday so the house is very quiet and I've a weekend catching up on things I've neglected to do whilst she was here, gym later and some chilling after that :)

Just been watching pictures of snow on the weather forecasts! That is so unreasonable in October.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and Happy Saturday to you all, no work today, yayyyyyyyyyyy :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:
I was awoken this morning by a strange noise outside, it was a neighbour scraping his car windshield, frost !:wideyed: and so bright and sunny outside :joyful:
Awoke on a 3.7. so many hypo's yesterday and before bed, as the job can be physical and very busy too. Going to put the washing out on the line now and hoping to have a non pressured, relaxing, chilled out day, that would be bliss.
Don't forget :- PUT YOUR CLOCKS BACK SUNDAY edited - @ 2am, (well I do mine before I go to bed) so an extra hour for us all :)

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Edit; @Mel dCP good luck with your trial!

Frost here Kev, but the skies are so bright and sunny. Hope you BS will sort it's self out soon :) and enjoy your chilled out weekend :)