Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Fridays always seem to be more insulin sensitive for me for some reason - I need to be vigilant on Fridays to avoid overdoing bolus and going hypo. I also usually need less to correct feet on the floor.

Ended last night at 10.1 despite correction for my underestimation of dinner and a short walk. Added another 1u and woke to a much better 6.6.
?Looking forward to the weekend = less stress = lower BSLs ??

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Alison54321, I worry for you, the lower the HBA1C without CGM and basal altering software for hypos etc the more risk of hypos !!! etc

I have libre, and I continuously identify points where I am vulnerable to hypos, and deal with them.

Basal altering software would be very helpful, but as it doesn't come without a pump it's not an option for many people.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 this morning, could be better but it could also have been worse, but it's Friday so yay!

Now who casually dropped in the conversation 'deep fried ice cream' ???! I've got to try this now, now as in NOW! (except I'm stuck at work...............:meh:)

I had this when i was on holiday in Turkey a few years ago. It was amazing. The ice cream was covered in a shell type thing coconut flavoured mmmmmm

Reactions: kitedoc and slip

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting fellow colanders

Had an absolutley brilliant day, yesterday, probably my best ever day in 37 years as a type 1. From about lunchtime I was about 5.2 then after lunch and after dinner it never rose above 5.7. I even checked with finger prick in case Libre was wrong. No still about the same. Went to bed on a 5.9.

Now all this week anytime i have had a good BG before bed eg around 6, when i get up in morning my BG has been 10+. Yup this morning was no exception, woke to a 10.1 this morning. Correction dose taken, BG shot up to 13.8, 2 hours later, but now just before lunch dropped back to 5.9

And yet the other 2 days i have went to bed on a 10+ and my waking BG has been around 5:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This is frustrating the life out of me

Reactions: Fairygodmother

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
?Looking forward to the weekend = less stress = lower BSLs ??

My weekend doesn't begin until the end of my shift. Same commute, working as usual with a similar routine/schedule to other days. I've had more stress this morning than most other days this week. Then things will be back to usual by tomorrow morning.

Reactions: kitedoc

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Remember the Cardiff study where they’d had some success regenerating beta cells in a tiny sample of long term T1s? Well, I’ve been invited to join the next stage of testing! It’s pretty full on, and includes a three day hospital stay, but I’m really excited and hoping I’ll get through the screening etc.

Off to Oxford in a minute, just need to shove some food down me.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done on getting involved in that @Mel dCP will keep my fingers crossed you get through the screening as it would be fascinating to hear all about it :)

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP I'll look out for you! Doing anything whilst you're here? Good luck with the study.
Just dropping my teenager off at Peartree Services (dad’s weekend to have him), quick T&P stop and then heading to the Wirral for a few days with my mum. Teenager will be getting the train to join me on Tuesday. Just waiting for him to get in from school (early finish on a Friday) and we’ll hit the road.

Of course Madame BG decides to take a dip...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Remember the Cardiff study where they’d had some success regenerating beta cells in a tiny sample of long term T1s? Well, I’ve been invited to join the next stage of testing! It’s pretty full on, and includes a three day hospital stay, but I’m really excited and hoping I’ll get through the screening etc.

Woohoo, lucky you!

Reactions: kitedoc and kev-w

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done Mel. Exciting times!

Have you planned you food parcels for your hospital stay?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just seen this and it gave me a chuckle
FB_IMG_1540531120261.jpg

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 . Desiccated coconut.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the things in the world desiccated coconut must be the worst.
Dandruff of the devil.:***::***:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP . Hey I appreciate you watch the carbs but you have been selected to be the recipient of a

TOP BANANA FOR THE DAY award.

Good luck with the trial.:)

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It'll be very exciting if @Mel dCP takes part in the Cardiff study, good luck with the screening, Mel.

Had to take 5 units of novorapid this morning, for breakfast, when usually it's 3, because it started to rise when I got up, which hasn't happened fora while. I think I know why, but I'm not absolutely sure. But for lunch 3 units was too much, and it started to fall rapidly, and I had to eat more than usual, I guess that's because there is still a tiny bit of the extra novorapid lurking around somewhere, beyond the 4 and a half hours the gingerbread man says it lasts.

But \anyway............

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a jolly good idea to get the annual eye-screening done late on the Friday as half term starts!

I get out of work slightly earlier to get there, I get to meet a friend for coffee and cake afterward, I'm driven home, we detour home via the chip shop as neither of us can be bothered to cook and, so far, the food sums have worked.... I'm ready for any drama in either direction if the calculations have been wrong.

I'm also utterly zonked out in the chair and refusing to move for anything unnecessary for the rest of the evening now.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
...a tiny bit of the extra novorapid lurking around somewhere, beyond the 4 and a half hours the gingerbread man says it lasts.

Hot off the wire in today's late edition of the Evening News:

"The Gingerbread Man has today consulted his lawyer, Gregg YumYum, the senior partner of the prestigious criminal defence firm Carb, Cake & Bolus, and been advised to make no comment on the accuracy or otherwise of his predictions."​