Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning lovely people.
No rain at the moment which is good.
Anyways....yesterday, middayish the old blood sugars started rising for no apparent reason, correction doses had little affect at meal times or in between.
Anyways.....today we have been blessed with a wonderful head cold, blood sugars going “ bat sh* t crazy” ( a line from a song:) ) .
DIABETES . A condition that offers its own “ you’re gonna be sick “ app:banghead::banghead:.
Bright side, if I have it now I might not have it at Christmas.

Have a good day everyone. Off to sneeze now.:)

K

Knikki

So did another one of those Low Carb make in 30 minutes, which fine if your in a full professional kitchen, yet in a small kitchen, excavating various appalances from the back of the cupboard suddenly makes the meal an hour and a half :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Anyway up shot is that even after chicken, cauliflower rice, that was messy and rather fun to make, which has naff all carbs I managed to hit 9.0 :eek: which surprised me. Still it's almost sorted now plus sensor change so onwards and upwards :pompous:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up to 2.7 on Libre, 3.5 on meter, unexpected start to the day; think the Libre was so much lower as I'd been sleeping lying on it, definitely makes a difference. Injected, breakfast, now storming up into double figures but from Libre graph think I was low long enough without waking up for my liver to dump more than necessary!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, a waking 4.6, feet on the floor I rose to 5.2, pre bolussed and waiting for a little drop before I start eating, tactical food this morning as I want my lunchtime swim back but having slept in I'm running late so it may become an afternoon swim instead.
Persisting down in York too :) just for a change...

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Mel dCP and all other interested parties: In the Pump forum , topic: Needle Port problems are some photos and painting. and these items. The artist is a little known Aussie who has not progressed much past finger painting but not skilled enough to use a graphic art program !! He can hold a camera and push the button and at least with the camera he does not end up photographing himself as he does with the reverse camera on the mobile !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
They certainly are masiff, and with that height of sole (no pun intended)! no wonder there is a need for serious ankle support.
I reckon just walking in them would be a good work out for one's legs. They put Doc Martens to shame !! (hides behind couch as he types this with helmet on and pillows strapped on, including around me pump!!

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi guys, I have put the decorations up and feeling very Chrismassy, especially after watching Santa Claus the movie, so now, going to tackle the bathroom cleaning :rolleyes:

upload_2018-12-2_14-58-14.jpeg
HO HO HO :joyful:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Christmas doesn’t start in our household until the missesses birthday has been and gone, might get a tree next weekend.............
So when is the lovely ladies birthday? December the 29 th or somewhere close. Get the trimmings up .
They call me Scrooge, don’t you follow my lead bro:):):)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all. Just checking in quickly before heading to Birmingham for a repeat of last night. Bloods good apart from a low at around 10 this morning.

I don’t put Christmas stuff up until the weekend before the day itself. All the fresh greenery goes crispy if I do it before!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Just ate Sunday roast and had hypo immediately afterwards of 3.1 I dunno where that came from

Bit of a dilemma as to how to treat as just ate some roast potatoes for dinner

But I wanted up from 3.1 so drank some lucozade and all ok for now

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A damp day in this bit of the world - staying in and sorting out my organist's admin seems a sensible option for the evening. (Sorry, @Mel dCP about the weather! I'll just wave from the warmth of my house a few miles away instead. I got most of the way in that general direction, but turned around and got the bus home when the drizzle really got going.)

Plus, I'm having a bit of a serious nostalgia fest with photos and sharing them with those of my friends who think those of Japes aged 2 with her baby brother are very cute! I often do get the photos out in the course of this weekend and ponder what my brother would have become had he lived beyond the mid-20s age that he did.

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
A damp day in this bit of the world - staying in and sorting out my organist's admin seems a sensible option for the evening. (Sorry, @Mel dCP about the weather! I'll just wave from the warmth of my house a few miles away instead. I got most of the way in that general direction, but turned around and got the bus home when the drizzle really got going.)

Plus, I'm having a bit of a serious nostalgia fest with photos and sharing them with those of my friends who think those of Japes aged 2 with her baby brother are very cute! I often do get the photos out in the course of this weekend and ponder what my brother would have become had he lived beyond the mid-20s age that he did.

Reading this is sad aww bless you Japes

Reactions: porl69