Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Better BSLs this evening. Have changed cartridge, tubing and needle/cannula. As @Jollymon said in the Insulin Pump forum -Trouble with needle ports thread, may be the metal cannula gets pushed into the layer between subcutaneous tissue and muscle and the flow of insulin is compromised even when the metal cannula lifts up again.
Just as a thought. I wonder what would happen if I injected some air partway into inserting the metal cannula so that there was a sort of buffer of air. Withdraw the cannula, fill the new tubing as usual with insulin, re-insert the cannula but to the full 6 mm etc. and hope the air bubble keeps the cannula tip clear of the tissue overlaying the muscle.
The trouble is that I do not know how long the air bubble in the subcutaneous area would stay for and an imaging doctor once told me that air under the skin it often assumed to be due to infection caused by gas-forming organisms - not a cheery thing to have, so one would need to be careful to state the cause of any air detected. Something to think over in the quest for better performance of the pump needle/cannula devices.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"
Think "she/herself/woman" need including here but morning all,
Yesterday, I made a beast of myself, drank mulled wine, ate sprats in breadcrumbs with slices of bread and I'm 4.9 this morning!!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning. New sensor all over the place. Going from 3 to 10 and back in the space of five minutes... didn’t get chance to soak this one for the usual 24 hours, so I’m assuming it’s my body’s healing mechanism dealing with the initial insertion process that’s causing it. Time will tell!

Hope you all have a lovely day, I’m off to face the horrors of a Christmas market and the joys of informing the ex husband that I won’t be able to deliver the teenager to him on a Friday afternoon any longer, it’ll either be late evening, Saturday morning or sending him on the train...

K

Knikki

Morning was running in the upper 8 this morning so hit the gym for the first time in weeks :***: I'm going to feel it tomorrow, but hey ho.

Off out tonight for a bash at Tapas and I bet everyone will go, "how many should we order, two I think 3 is a bit much"

Nnnnnnooooooooo let me at the menu its 4 for the gravitational challenged person of questionable parentage over here at the end of the table :hilarious:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, two days waking in the low 4's, and happy with that, Tresiba's up to 18u now, car's still goosed as friend got the part off a diesel car again, and the pulley's in the wrong place, which is a nuisance and generated quite a lot of swear words when I found the drive belt didn't fit.
Just to help things along the estate agent told me on Friday that mums house sale completes this coming Friday, which is cute of them not to give me much notice, and the car being off the road's no help getting the last load to the tip :p

Fiddlesticks and poppycock, but the sun's out so it's not all bad.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning DIABETNAM..

Just woke with a reasonable 5.6.
Bit of a late night of R&R last night. (Band stuff.) then chatting about the terminal velocity of dropping two identical owls (with the exception one of which was wet.) From 30,000 feet on the moon.. :D
That pretty much all I remember, then getting some sleep at 4am..

Right, got a dog to walk then fix an aftermarket flush mounted fog lamp which looks like someone "tapped" in the car park on my beloved van... No other damage.. (Not even a scuff.) Very odd. o_O

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke on 8, 5.4 after breakfast but that's low for walking. One square of Lindt Creme Brulee - huge indulgence - and back from walk on a tidy 4.6. Out for lunchtime drinks at a neighbour's but I'm really not keen on alcohol at lunchtime, just sends me to sleep in the afternoon. Hope there's something non-alcoholic and nil carb, but bet there are nibbles - can I resist? Better be ready to shoot up in case I can't...

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow colanders.

Woke to a horrible 11.9 this morning despite going to bed on a 7.7.

Now I am blaming the bottle of wine I had though i am a tad confused. I thought wine was OK for type 1 as no carbs. I drink a dry white wine, number 2 on the scale, according to sainsburys. But everytime I have bottle of wine BG go up, it a different wine each time but always a 2.

Any thoughts?

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, just still,

blood sugar in the mid 5s when I woke up, which is fine by me, I did wake up far too early, which isn't quite as fine.

Just had nice long walk, I think I'm going to sort through my clothes this afternoon, I bought a purple cardigan in a local charity shop the other day for just £2.49, it was reduced, and I really like it, but there is no option to get another one like it, really frustrating, so I'm going to see what I have hidden away.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow colanders.

Woke to a horrible 11.9 this morning despite going to bed on a 7.7.

Now I am blaming the bottle of wine I had though i am a tad confused. I thought wine was OK for type 1 as no carbs. I drink a dry white wine, number 2 on the scale, according to sainsburys. But everytime I have bottle of wine BG go up, it a different wine each time but always a 2.

Any thoughts?

What I do with dry whites late at night after a gig. When I get home. (As a performer & designated driver I stay dry at the venue.)
However, after I've fasted. (Can't eat eat anything after 1pm on a gig day till after the show?) I'll bolus for a meal & have my drink as an accompaniment.. I may continue drinking till the early hours (pending on a "non-agenda" the following day.) ;)
I can wake with a respectable BG late morning (Late fours/mid 5.) after watching a peak from the meal in the mid late 7s?

For me, having bolus on board for some digested carbs in a meal helps with regards to any hidden sugar content in the wine?

If that's any help? "Caining" a bottle without, would give me a simalar morning result to your experience..

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all

Sharps bin has not been collected for two weeks in a row now :/

Does everyone else use a sharps bin... ? Not going to lie, I went through years of just putting used needles in a class jar as on diagnosis no one ever gave me one and it only came up once I moved and registered with a new GP..

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all

Does everyone else use a sharps bin... ? Not going to lie, I went through years of just putting used needles in a glass jar as on diagnosis no one ever gave me one and it only came up once I moved and registered with a new GP..

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Afternoon all

Does everyone else use a sharps bin... ? Not going to lie, I went through years of just putting used needles in a class jar as on diagnosis no one ever gave me one and it only came up once I moved and registered with a new GP..

I use a yellow sharps box and when almost full take it to my doctors surgery to hand it in for disposal and to ask for a replacement sharps box

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just solved my cardigan problem at ebay, same brand, a different colour, and neckline, but it's similar. Hope it looks something like the photo, when it arrives!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all

Like @helensaramay I now have a 5l bin because of the inserter. I used to have small ones and like @Cumberland I take large and small to the GP surgery for disposal.

Btw @helensaramay loving the red hair!