1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Goodnight friends

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Twice a day. I've kept the morning does the same, because the loss of effectiveness is swallowed up by adjustments for food intake, so it doesn't matter as much. But when I get a gentle overnight peak in the low sevens from 7 units, for the first two weeks of a new levemir pen, it's very frustrating when it starts creeping higher. 8 is now having more or less the same effect.

It's interesting how much easier it is to see this effect with libre.

3. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning! Outside️ Inside (husband). Escaping to visit grandson and pick up Christmas lunch from the butchers. Have a good day all.
    For some reason it keeps eliminating the sneezing emojis (husband)

• Like Like x 3
  4. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy your day

• Like Like x 2
  5. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, it's go get goose day. I'm going try my hand at some LC biscuits, need to find the recipe first..... then on my bike.
    Madam rose to 5.5 this morning which is only just about acceptable because of the little bits of stollen Mr B kept tempting me with.
    As a thought, how much water does everyone drink? Does drinking more make you feel/look better?

• Like Like x 2
  6. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ll try that with the wife......
    “ Hey honey, look at that “ artistic “ young lady yonder.”;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. therower

Morning all. Rain, rain and I think a bit more rain to come later.
    Novorapid has been a bit slow first thing the last few mornings, 1hr+ before any action. Today , thought I’d play it crafty, do a 45 min pre bolus. Yep, 3.8 from 8.7 within 20 mins which meant a change of breakfast plans.
    Nice to see people getting ready for Christmas Day. Quiet day planned for us, the grandkids are at “ the other” grandparents :(:(. Christmas Day planned in for Thursday, so not in any rush at the moment.
    May everyone’s plans for the day go nice and smooth. Remember stress = high bloods. And take care out there.......
    IT IS RAINING!!!!!,

• Like Like x 7
  8. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all. It's Christmas eve eve....woke to a 4.4 this morning.
    The misses is in work so going to have breakfast then hover and steam clean the floors and wait for the BG crash lol

• Like Like x 5
  9. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes, that certainly is the advantage of the continuous readings. Does the manufacturer of levemir (Nordisk) have anything to say about the loss of effectiveness ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@therower, not here it isn't! We were meant to have heavy showers this morning but none yet, so I've been for a long walk with my dog and a friend. Woke up at 7.1, forgot to check 2 hours after breakfast but 6.1 after walking so I'm feeling smug (until it all goes wrong because I've tempted fate/got the wrong colour socks/it's Sunday etc etc etc) ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. therower

@hh1 . Put the kettle on. Shorts and t-shirt are going on. Oh, by the way, where is “ here ?”:):)

12. Kim Possible

Kim Possible Type 1 · Expert

Morning all
    I’ve only been partially present for the last week as Christmas has taken over.

Glad to read about @Mel dCP eyes, interested to read about @Scott-C “artistic women”, see the progress of @Cumberland dog and the rest of the news.

BG has been a little up and down. At the start of the week it was very up. I assumed this was due to lack of spin, gym and climbing. Turns out I was kind of right: for 4 days, I had been on my spin basal profile. I hadn’t realised because it was labelled “Weekend”.
    Back to semi normality now. Only semi because still no spin, gym or climb as I am at the out-laws now. I may venture out for a little run this arvo if I have time. Mainly to stretch my legs, get some fresh air and get some time to myself. The exercise bit is secondary (or is that “forthinary”?

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Work over for a while, holiday cottage Wi-Fi worked out, walked round botanic gardens hunting red squirrels and have read Sunday paper magazines. However, forgot to pack the gifts from Father Christmas - Hope the lie about him having delivered them to home works. I am a bad mother. I am now cringing every time child mentions Santa or anyone asks her if she is excited.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

If it's a gift to Santa, you would always buy something like a nice bottle of vino, so that he can ejoy it when he's relaxing after his rounds, then you could probably make it disappear, somehow, after the big event?

15. therower

@Diakat . Oops :banghead::banghead::banghead: Everything else sounds good though. I’m sure Santa can somehow be blamed for delivering to the wrong address.
    Have a great Christmas.:)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Did you catch any? They're nice with mint sauce...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Isn't the usual story of wonderment regarding Santa finding kids. "You got a chip in yer head. He'll track you." ;)

I normally use the "chariots of the gods" angle when my niece tracks the big guy's progress on an iPad app.. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. therower

Nooooooooo. Mint sauce = lamb. PeaNUT butter = squirrels.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Does she use the NORAD Santa Tracker? https://www.noradsanta.org/

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Not this one.. But I quite like the look of it. Adds a bit do danger to FC's mission.? :cool::nailbiting:

"NORAD’s Mission
    "We have the watch."
    The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) is a United States and Canada bi-national organization which defends the homeland through aerospace warning, aerospace control, and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the monitoring of man-made objects in space, and the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other commands."

Gosh, I hope he don't spark some international incident....! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook