Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, no teaching today as it’s Thursday. How’s the gob, @Cumberland ? Hope all is well up there with you and Wispa :)

Sewing with the old ladies and then first responding for the afternoon. Bloods steady and woke up on 5.0 just now so happy with that! Took a while yesterday to recover from the previous night’s Pod failure, was high most of the day. Ugh.

Currently battling with the official MiaoMiao app to get alarms etc on my levels. Since Spike went down, all the available apps etc are really basic. Amazing how much I’ve come to rely on my tech since I’ve had it. Bit worrying really!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all you sailors and seamen ️happy navigating today.
I’m wondering, should I make a cake today? Chocolate brownie I think - the family call it naughty chocolate cake.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
. . . Captain James T Kirk . . . Gosh, that takes me back!

. . . or there was Captain Scarlett.

I think Captain Scarlet has been taken by the Mysterons.......................:nailbiting::(

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning guys and wishing you all a great Thursday :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am off out for a walk in the sunshine now to clear my head of murderous thoughts :rolleyes: :D

Reactions: Molly56

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning oh holey ones....
Coughing has eased off a bit last night and this morning to say I am happy is an understatement :)
I know have the theme tune of Captain Pugwash playing in my head.....constantly....I think I have a problem :hilarious:

@helensaramay analogy has had me lmao in work today...carry on the good work :)
@Cumberland hows the mouth today? Hope you are well
@Mel dCP arent Apple a right royal PITA!!!! A lot of people are very reliant on Spike for their daily T1D management!!!
@Fairygodmother go for it with the cake

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Wonderful news, let us know when we can celebrate FFV Day (Free From Virus Day, but feel free to substitute any other words as ‘appropriate’).

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had a lovely walk this morning and took a couple of photo's. The sun photo has a strange shape, but the flowers are beautifully spring like, it's a gorgeous day

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0177.JPG

Does any one know what the jellyfish shape is top left ? :confused:

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Alien invasion?

If it wasn't visible to you, it'll be the light from the sun in the camera lens going in non-obvious directions. Lenses have a lot of layers, and although the light mostly goes in the direction you want it to (think your classic picture of the light in Galileo's telescope), at each junction a little might reflect off rather than going straight through, and that results in effects like the one you're seeing.

It's called lens flare. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

The classic image in sci-fi films of a sun, star, or other bright light sun appearing not as a point, but as a very wide horizontal thing, is actually an artefact of the lenses used for widescreen cinematography - and since people are so used to it, these days it's often faked if different lenses are being used :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I had a lovely walk this morning and took a couple of photo's. The sun photo has a strange shape, but the flowers are beautifully spring like, it's a gorgeous day

View attachment 32295
View attachment 32296

Giant jelly fish and it's coming to get us all :greedy::greedy:
Its the light from the sun hitting the camera lens and putting an image on the sensor....as @evilclive has said "lens flare"......can sometimes cause amazing results in photos. Nice photos BTW :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Sensible lens explanations aside, I like the giant jellyfish idea :joyful:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back home now, failed to stay on top of the BGs, gave up trying! But had a fantastic time skiing, great company, food and drink. My body is now broken, going to work tomorrow for a rest :facepalm:

Shocked to have seen knikki ‘vanished’ presumed gone, but glad to see him back!

I’ll have a proper catch up on the thread at work.

Night all.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Alien invasion?

If it wasn't visible to you, it'll be the light from the sun in the camera lens going in non-obvious directions. Lenses have a lot of layers, and although the light mostly goes in the direction you want it to (think your classic picture of the light in Galileo's telescope), at each junction a little might reflect off rather than going straight through, and that results in effects like the one you're seeing.

It's called lens flare. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

The classic image in sci-fi films of a sun, star, or other bright light sun appearing not as a point, but as a very wide horizontal thing, is actually an artefact of the lenses used for widescreen cinematography - and since people are so used to it, these days it's often faked if different lenses are being used :)

Thanks @evilclive, beczuse of my cataracts and the Op a few years ago for a detached retina, I can't see very well in the sun, so I aim and click away. I have taken many photo's of the sun, wearing sunglasses on my old Smasung phone, but this is my first sun photo taken on my new Sony Experia, it's fascinating. I love the Jelly fish minor invasion lol