Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Giant jelly fish and it's coming to get us all :greedy::greedy:
Its the light from the sun hitting the camera lens and putting an image on the sensor....as @evilclive has said "lens flare"......can sometimes cause amazing results in photos. Nice photos BTW :)

Thanks @porl69 i love the jelly fish image :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve been out, walking, driving, giving lifts, sitting in the cinema - just me and Hamish off to meet up with friends. Independent again

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Alien invasion?

If it wasn't visible to you, it'll be the light from the sun in the camera lens going in non-obvious directions. Lenses have a lot of layers, and although the light mostly goes in the direction you want it to (think your classic picture of the light in Galileo's telescope), at each junction a little might reflect off rather than going straight through, and that results in effects like the one you're seeing.

It's called lens flare. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

The classic image in sci-fi films of a sun, star, or other bright light sun appearing not as a point, but as a very wide horizontal thing, is actually an artefact of the lenses used for widescreen cinematography - and since people are so used to it, these days it's often faked if different lenses are being used :)

This is very weird, but all of a sudden it looked like a parachute and my dad was a paratrooper in WW11, plus, my mum and dad's headstone was placed on their grave this week, spooky, but comforting too <3

Reactions: Cumberland

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again.

Yes there is a tale but not now.
Doesn't involve these bad boys then?

ULbOiE.jpg

Welcome back

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have to ask, what are they, not florescent crop circles are they, or an extra, extra large pair of Elton John's glasses lol ?
Bit of a Captain Scarlet joke. In the series the green rings would appear whenever the Mysterons had killed or destroyed someone/something they wanted to duplicate and use to carry out their threats.

D

Deleted member 308541

Bit of a Captain Scarlet joke.
I remember the original series of Thunderbirds, a great show for it's time. I downloaded in full the reincarnation of the series from a on demand tv station here in Australia which I have on a micro sd card in my old phone.

Reactions: hh1 and Cumberland

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I remember the original series of Thunderbirds, a great show for it's time. I downloaded in full the reincarnation of the series from a on demand tv station here in Australia which I have on a micro sd card in my old phone.

Yep, there was a resurgence for Anderson's series in the 90s in the UK when I was growing up. Content regulators appeared to be much more lenient in the 60s as they got away with including a lot in kids shows you would never see the like of now. That may say more about the world now as opposed to then though.

They are all available in HD now including his later work aimed at adults. UFO was a treat to discover when it was remastered a few years ago.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Back home now, failed to stay on top of the BGs, gave up trying! But had a fantastic time skiing, great company, food and drink. My body is now broken, going to work tomorrow for a rest :facepalm:

Shocked to have seen knikki ‘vanished’ presumed gone, but glad to see him back!

I’ll have a proper catch up on the thread at work.

Night all.

Work oh crumbs how dreadful

Welcome back

Reactions: Knikki
D

Deleted member 308541

Yep, there was a resurgence for Anderson's series in the 90s in the UK when I was growing up. Content regulators appeared to be much more lenient in the 60s as they got away with including a lot in kids shows you would never see the like of now. That may say more about the world now as opposed to then though.
emoji6.png
I would like to see a new series of Quatermass made, that would be something to behold with modern day graphics.

I remember one of the series "Quatermass and the Pit" scared the $#@& out of me in a couple of episodes. :D

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Last day of Main Paid Work for 16 days, though I do need to do a few hours worth of "homework" at some point. Which may involve going in for a day next week, but that will depend on how much I manage to get done this afternoon once the little dears have been dispatched after lunch. I have a deep-rooted objection to accessing the on-line system at home and on my personal computer for Main Paid Work, but as some of my hours per week are as a tutor, rather than as support, I have less objection to a day working in what is technically holiday but really isn't as I'm working most of the week as an organist. Holiday really begins on 21st April 12.00 noon!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I had forgotten the green circles! How could I? My lad was obsessed with this series in the 90's. We watched, lived, breathed and played Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons all the time until the Power Rangers took over his brain. In those days the Power Rangers was a program where the violence was feet and fists, kpow! type. And the baddie was an amazingly easy to beat woman called Rita Repulsa. Such simple days. Flood of memories, and big smile to start the day - thank you!

Reactions: Cumberland and db89

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like to see a new series of Quatermass made, that would be something to behold with modern day graphics.

I remember one of the series "Quatermass and the Pit" scared the $#@& out of me in a couple of episodes. :D

The Pit was brilliant! There was a TV episode (BBC?) & a slightly later a Hammer horror movie? I managed to download the film..
Freaked me out too.. But then, I used to flick on the box whilst fixing a late hypos as a kid.. ;)

Dracula, you name it. But nothing got the mind thinking like the curious events of mass hysteria around Hobs lane..(or street?) :) lol, "get back I tell you. Get back!" :nailbiting::p

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have been sat catching up on this thread after a busy week due to in Bloom judging. So glad @Knikki has returned. Just need Kev back now.
Sunny but frosty here. A busy weekend in store having parents to stay, then tomorrow night, brothers and spouses over for parents diamond wedding celebrations.