Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Tired out now, so off to bed, goodnight everyone and dream of good number's zzzzzzzzzz :)

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chums. Went to bed on a 5.0, woke up on a 5.3, feeling surprised and a I’ll admit to being little bit smug. I’m sure it’ll go through the roof any second as my liver decides to wake up and chip in about three miles on the way to school. Big idiot cat has just greeting me by chomping me on the nose, albeit gently. One fang up each nostril is an odd feeling. Teaching Biology today on my regular job share.

Hope your levels stabilised, @Cumberland and @Knikki xxx

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good morning peeps - nice shiny 5.5 to start the day. Pleasing because the chocolate raisins I munched while watching telly last night were a new food for me and I wasn't sure whether the blood would behave itself. Found them in the Grape Tree - vegan choccie - I shall find them again next time I'm over there :)

Today is marmite on toast for brekkie day. Always think of my dad when I have marmite - he loved the stuff. Mind you, he loved the left over roasties on a Sunday slightly more - always happy to clear up the kitchen after the meal because he knew Mum would have set aside some left over spuds for him.... lovely memories!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Big idiot cat has just greeting me by chomping me on the nose, albeit gently. One fang up each nostril is an odd feeling.

Oh - terrific mental cartoon image just pinged into my brain!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
Glad to say no repeat hypo of yesterday and no glucose overdose. Commiserations @Knikki for the breakfast wait and @Mel dCP , hell's teeth.
I didn't check the carbs in asparagus and was surprised.
IMG_2359.JPG
Octpus again for lunch

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@SueJB I forgot it's asparagus time! Must try some raw and see if it goes with hummus. I usually have some variety of hummus plus a big pile of raw salad and veg for lunch. My husband loves asparagus but he'd want it cooked at dinner (not a great one for lunch, he tends to have a brunch while I'm at work).

Reactions: SueJB

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
following on from yesterdays 8.9 after lunch time pizza, I was 8.6 before dinner, dipped to 3.8 2hrs later but was 10.3 before bed - 3 triangles of Toblerone was perhaps a bit too much :angelic: (but it's been sitting in the fridge with my name on it for a while!) so a 2u correction and 6.8 this morning. :)

I need to organise a Blues Brothers day, and I think I've got a clinic appointment sometime in May so need to also organise a visit to GPs Nurse for bloods before hand - perhaps I should have started sorting that out last month knowing what our GPs Surgery is like.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, awoke on another big high ,last night i took 2 units of correction and this morning it shot up even more, not sure what the heck is going on :wideyed::banghead:

Happy Friday guys, make it a good 'un :)

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone!
Didn't end up having pizza last night. But there were still many carbs involved resulting in a 15.1 at bedtime and woke up on 13.1. Would give myself some correction, but dosages just changed and not sure I want to mess with it on the first day...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I love octopus, @SueJB, live ones, they’re very bright. I played peek a boo with one once. Portuguese wine’s good too, but not for peek a boo.
And yes, where’s @porl69? Has he been made the Uni mascot?
And @kev-w, it’s been a long time since he called in so like knikki I hope he’s ok.
How are you this morning @Cumberland?
I love the image of ironing during a team meeting @helensaramay. Makes me wish I’d taken the ironing board and a big load of laundry to work all those years ago - meetings did seem to go on, and on, and on, and little got done. They were only interesting when there were disagreements which is saying something.
4.9 on waking. Breakfast’s in, liver appeaser’s in but not retested yet.
Hope your big black cat hadn’t been eating anything too smelly when he greeted you Mel!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all.....I am here. Felt too clever to come and speak to you "common" people :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:. Then I realised I was only in Uni for a pump training day (again) and didn't feel so clever :bag::bag:.
Just been catching up on all the comments here.....WOW stop writing soo much, mine eyes are hurting lol.
Cannot use the phone app so well so waited to speak to you all this morning.
The caddy of pumpers (I like that). There was 60 of us in one room!!! Alarms were going off all day was pretty funny on times. Speaking to loads of different people and a lot of them had CGMs prescribed....spoke to my DSN about this and she will be looking into it for me.

@SueJB mmmmm octopus is sooooo nice
Marmite......just NO NO NO NO

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am not saying they are long, boring and pointless but one of my colleagues (who, like me, works from home) uses it as time to do his ironing.

We had regular team meetings on Wednesdays a few years back, with one of the home workers pitching in by phone from his cottage on the Isle of Skye.

Every so often, there would be this loud baa-ing noise, and we were imagining he was like some James Bond villain sitting there with a sheep on his lap stroking it's head.

Well, you've got to make your own entertainment on the islands...

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
We had regular team meetings on Wednesdays a few years back, with one of the home workers pitching in by phone from his cottage on the Isle of Skye.

Every so often, there would be this loud baa-ing noise, and we were imagining he was like some James Bond villain sitting there with a sheep on his lap stroking it's head.

Well, you've got to make your own entertainment on the islands...

I am of course slightly worried by the image you’ve created but ignoring that when laughing.

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(Late) morning all, woke to a respectable 5.1 and no cat fangs up my nose thankfully. Seems like several of us are battling highs this morning, hope they all get back under control soon.

@karen8967, I keep meaning to ask if the new job's still going well? And hopefully @Mel dCP today will be better than some of the teaching days you've had lately.

Luckily for me meetings stopped being part of my working life when I started working for myself....though I quite like the idea of chatting to a client whilst stroking a sheep (it's usually my dog)

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Despite the laugh that just gave me @Scott-C I suspect your post will be short lived. :hilarious:

Edit: aaaand there it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fairygodmother