1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Jazz97

Jazz97 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

After yesterday I plan on having a more chilled day. One little rehearsal and the essay can be worked on from the comfort of my bed. I will be so happy when uni is finished for the year!

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Love to see what people have in their trolleys at the checkout @WuTwo I rarely go to the frozen food aisle so that sort of stuff is like another world. Oh and breakfast cereals too
    More than damp here @Robinredbreast so no work on weeds and nettles today. That's a bit of a disappointment because my marking has finished so that means I might have to do some housework. On the up side though, madam came in at 4.7 this morning but that was after whacking in a couple of units at midnight. I admit I ate chocolate in the evening even though my new regime says it's a no no.

• Like Like x 3
    #14782 SueJB, May 8, 2019 at 8:43 AM
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oooo no, no injecting in the loo!!!!! Just think of all the yuk that congregate there. If people expect me to go to the loo to inject I ask them how they’d feel if their gp took them or their children to the loo to give them a vaccination.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ve found that after years of eating stuff with less icing, fudge etc a little goes a long way and the usual cake load just cloys. Sorry knikki!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

We pretty generally make our pizza from start to finish - it's easier because some of the bought bases are more like cardboard than food. We're going to experiment with making bases that incorporate veg because we've seen them for sale - kale, beetroot or cauli but I understand the veg content is not that great.

I'll web search and see what I can find, and I know the Bosh! guys have a recipe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

3.1 this morning, delayed injection and had breakfast, 9.6 about 30mins later. 2 hrs after breakfast 6.3, although I may have just ruined it by having a sausage bap, probably more than the 30g carbs I estimated and probably needed more than the 2u I took, but with IOB from breakfast who knows what might happen - you wouldn't think I've been at this for 20+ years :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  7. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning caddies

Straight(ish) line thru the night again :)
    @Jazz97 no way would I inject in the loo. Have always injected in full view of people. Don't like it, don't look! No one says a word when people use their inhalers in public!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. db89

db89 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Staring right back like:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. porl69

Didn't even cross my mind with the dresses situation. I mean why would it :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: (waiting for the replies now!!!)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Love that analogy!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Afternoon, I have had a busy morning, especially trying to find my green recycling bin I put out yesterday for collection, eventually found it loitering with intent outside someone else's front gate :wideyed: I'm sure the bin men ( Environmental waste disposal team ) didn't do it :rolleyes:o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Robinredbreast

Erm, I couldn't possibly comment :rolleyes::p

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all, late on parade today, woke at 6 and new Libre said LO, checked and yes, under 3. Jelly babies to the rescue, went back to bed for an hour that somehow went to two and woke in mid 3s. So I've been chasing to catch up with myself all day, not helped by a diversion due to a road closure when I was trying to do some food shopping (for me and the dog - hers actually more urgent than mine!). And it was one of those totally inexplicable hypos, went to bed on a low but level 7, had had a very quiet evening, so who knows what marathon I ran in my sleep?

Completely agree about hollow hypers, sounds like something someone dreamt up that they liked the sound of or something so decided to use it. Stress sends me high and I treat it exactly like any other high with the same results (as much as anything with T1 is ever 'the same' ;))

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. WuTwo

Well, the quichelets worked, the quiche I made for dinner will be nicer because I forgot to add the herbs into the not-eggy mix for the little 'uns. Ah well. They taste alright, so that's nice.

The pepperoni seitan worked amazingly well. I'm astonished to be honest. I can feel pizzas coming on tomorrow! (If I can persuade himself not to order the takeaway he is pining for). I might relent and say takeaway tomorrow and pizzas Friday. That'd be both of us happy.

My son texted - he's gigging all over the place next month - got five booked in already. I can feel his happiness from here :happy: Dunno how he does it - full time job, and he teaches guitar on weekday evenings, and gigs at weekends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Robinredbreast

I see the moderator elections have started and I have just cast my votes :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. WuTwo

Yep, I've voted too.

• Like Like x 3
  17. porl69

I have really got to stop reading these while drinking tea. Screen is splattered with tea again. @helensaramay.....way too funny :hilarious::hilarious:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Not ANOTHER election!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Waiting in diabetes clinic for my driver medical... having being weighed in rain soaked Levi’s and Docs...

• Hug Hug x 7
  20. WuTwo

On the sofa - feet up. Our kitchen floor is very hard on feet for some reason, and I am barefoot in the house (and office although I do put my Berkinstocks on if I'm seeing a client). My feet are tired! Head's fine and raring to go. Husband is cream-crackered. I think I'll do dinner tonight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook