1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

We certainly do Knikki :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Robinredbreast

It was a bit on the breezy side last night, but Happy Saturday to you Karen :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Robinredbreast

Aaaww thank you :angelic: I was drooling over toast last night, daughter said she was so hungry after being sick a few times, so I made her 1 piece of toast and the smell was wonderful :happy::joyful: then just before bed she was promptly sick again, but all quiet throughout the night :)
    Good morning :)

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Robinredbreast

Good morning it's the weekend, certainly different from last weekend :rolleyes:
    Awoke on a 9.4 and having my first cuppa :happy: Hope the weekend will be a good one for you all, Happy Saturday :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Kim Possible

Kim Possible Type 1 · Expert

Morning all
    Last night's theatre was manic about a disfunctional family which made me realise I prefer the slightly repressed nature of mine. The acting and choreography of the fights was amazing on a small stage. It made me realise I should go to the theatre more often. Although I have no more theatre vouchers languishing in my purse for 3 or 4 years.

I too am a Rooibos drinker. I have not tried nor am I tempted to dunk anything in it. I find it has a smooth creamy texture even without milk which makes it a comforting drink for a winter's night.
    I've never thought about the antioxidants but I like that it is caffeine free. I reserve caffeinated beverages for times when I need a little extra to keep me awake and never after 6pm. I once had a glass of come at 6pm and still couldn't sleep at 2am. I guess I managed to ween my body off artificial stimulants... apart from alcohol and chocolate.
    Diabetes wise I woke a tad high, gave myself a correction and now ready to face the gym.

Enjoy the day. Don't get blown or washed away by Hannah.

• Like Like x 3
  6. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Roobios is a a South African plant whose leaves are dried and used to make a form of tea.
    Tastes much like tea but without caffeine.
    Sunny and mild here. Lightly southerly breeze.
    Reading a science fiction book whilst contemplating the next kite making activity !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

A glass of WHAT??? :wideyed::hilarious:;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Back from a nice - if windy - stroll on level ground (helps the back) followed by a mad dash to the office to send off urgent document and finally trip to Sainsbury's for some of life's essentials. Next - brekkie, which Mr Wu is cooking (he's a much better cook than I am).

Later on I think I need to make tofu, but the next batch of seitan can wait until tomorrow. Today I want a long soak in a hot bath with some bath gunge. Doesn't sound much but all week I have showers and I lurve's me a bath!

Aside from that I want to sort out the incense box and bin any I don't much like any more. Any old stuff I do like gets crumbled into a little open box and popped in the bottom of my wardrobe; my version of pot pourri sachets in the knicker drawer like mum used to make. And there's always my sewing to get on with :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. WuTwo

Think you meant to quote @helensaramay ..... :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jazz97

Jazz97 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone!
    I've just been catching up a bit with your chat and oh dear God I want to eat all the biscuits!
    I admit I have been treating myself for an cheeky couple after a meal if I'm still hungry (and I'm always hungry...)

I too can hear the wind outside. Not much looking forward to going out in it. Though am looking forward to leaving the house to somewhere that's not to pick up a prescription

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. WuTwo

Hi Jazz97 and welcome [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Take care with post-meal biscuits, they'll add carbs you've not dosed for and make it hard to plot your insulin to carb requirements. Still hungry? Cheese, nuts, bacon, ham etc or low carb snacks - you can find loads of recipes on this site or others on the web. I'll tag @Mel dCP as she eats low carb and may have some suggestions

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Did some mention a virtual gym?? Where do I sign up for that lol.
    Not so windy in pontypool at the mo.
    Off to see Ed Gamble tonight, really cant wait BUT the laughing will set off my cough, could be amusing....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Jazz97

On a fixed dose at the moment, but I have cut out a lot of sugar for now. Only been diagnosed 2 weeks, and the levels are coming down nicely. I dont think I've ever eaten so much cheese in my life than I have the past couple of weeks! Also discovered the wonders of pork scratchings and beef jerky to help those hunger pangs between meals!

• Like Like x 2
  15. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I did. Clearly not enough coffee hahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

@Jazz97 you will be hungry for a while as your body settles down again now that it is getting the nutrition it needs.
    Cheese is always good!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jazz97

Yes! I'm amazed I didn't realise anything was wrong for so long considering I used to struggle with two meals a day!
    I have discovered some sugar free biscuits , which of course I am still eating in moderation, but have been a saviour for my cookie cravings!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So glad you spotted it. I really do believe it may be a typo.:woot::woot::woot:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

In moderation???????????????

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I am not very good at moderation with cheese - perhaps cheese is always good in this moderator?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook