1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day IMG_20170929_062630_536.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good morning Karen, love the pic lol:cat:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning guys :)

It is my husband's birthday and I booked a day off work. We were going to go out but sadly the car is with the mechanic until he's sorted out some noise it's making. He and husband know what it is but Carl's a mate and said he'd do it as it would be quicker and easier. Mate's rates too!

So - until we get the car back we're here at home. I thought of suggesting I cook up some seitan and we have steak & chips for dinner. Or seitan in some other form. Lots of ways to prepare it once I've made the basic gunk. Wait and see - we're still at the silence & coffee stage of the morning at the moment..

• Like Like x 7
  4. Robinredbreast

Good morning guys, it's Friday again. Awoke on double figure's and the Libre showed steady, but I still took a correction, so will check again soon, finger prick too.
    Happy Friday, hope you have a good one :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. Robinredbreast

Hope the car get's back on the road soon. Happy birthday to Mr WuTwo, I hope he has a fab birthday :happy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Robinredbreast

Have dunking good day @Knikki :):happy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Knikki

Knikki Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning, messed up and running just a tad on the low side but other than that all's fine.

Happy Birthday to @WuTwo other half :)

Other than that not much really.

Oh I know COFFEEE!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
  8. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

5.6 this morning, bound to mess this up today :D - it's Friday!

I like coffee but to me coffee is coffee, theres never that much difference in taste. Tea on the other hand - theres so many different types and flavours - this may hark back to primary school where we had a Sri Lankan girl (it wasn't called Sri Lanka then!) in our class (back in the day where I lived they were the only non-white family!) one day her and her mother came in to school and did a theme day where we made and sampled different Ceylon teas and the girls were shown how to wear Sarees - I remember that day like it was yesterday but it was almost 40 years ago!

• Like Like x 6
  9. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all. We’re also at the “silence and coffee stage” of the morning...

Also woke up a little on the low side, sensor on its last day and is reading me as dead. Hey ho.

@WuTwo - I’m definitely going to try making seitan when I can get the requisite bits! I’ve made some fabulously crispy tofu chips, so keen to try new things.

Got to pop to my surgery this morning to pay for the sign off on the occupational health thing for my course, and then we’re poppig down to Somerset to see my dad as it’s his birthday tomorrow.

Have a good one, friends x

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Knikki

Knikki Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No sorry there is a vast difference in coffee tastes :) the easiest way to demo that is have a Latte in Costa then one in Starbucks there is defiantly a difference :)

Tea on the other hand :wtf: no sorry all tastes the same and yes I have tried a few from PG Tips to Early Grey (fruit tea) to Darjeeling and nope its all not nice.

But that's what makes the world such a wonderful place because we is all different :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

Morning Campers!

Yesterday's hypo head has gone and I am ready for my lunchtime spin and evening theatre.
    There are no biscuits (dunked or undunked) on the agenda and neither will there be any coffee.
    There may be tofu and their may be cinnamon toast (not together although the tofu packet did say "goes with anything")

Happy Birthday Mr WuTwo. I hope you get out and enjoy it. Or stay in and enjoy it. I am sure you have some yummy food in your cupboards and anyone willing to make seitan is very capable of knocking up a feast.

Enjoy Friday!

• Like Like x 3
  12. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Indeed! one mans tea/coffee is another mans poison................

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

I have realised I have a "Phantom Libre".
    My latest one expired last night so I took it off this morning but I still scanned my arm. :banghead:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I did a cannula set change this morning and left the old set on my stomach, it was only when I was getting dressed that I noticed too many tubes stuck on my tum, along with the G6 sensor it all looked a bit complicated..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

A common occurrence :). When I’ve not got a Dexcom sensor on I still take care not to knock it.:banghead:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I stopped using the libre about a year ago but still take care putting clothes on when they go over my arms and still have a thing about door frames and not getting too close to them..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning y'all

Set change for me last night and, same as you @Juicyj I left the cannula in. Looked at my belly this morning and seen no tubes coming out and panicked!!!!! Though I may have dislodged it during my sleep BUT watch said 7.6.... Then realized it was on my leg :hilarious::hilarious:

Happy birthday to Mr @WuTwo :)

@Knikki you will have to let us know how the coffee dunking goes :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Greetings my fellow teabags, or should that be coffee bags, for those that dont do tea.

Made an adjustment about 2 week ago to my pump settings, increasing my carb ratio and basal rate for the mornings, as i was still experiencing fairly steep spikes in morning. Nothing really changed although that could have been down to my lurgy last week.

Anyhoo for past 4 mornings BG have been rather good, in fact if anything i will need to adjust back slightly. I am finding that by about 10.30 I am having to eat something, eg a couple of biscuits, which i am rather glad about ( I love my biscuits) as BG is dropping to around 4.0 and will only continue to head down.

As BG are heading down around 4 hours after insulin dose, does that suggest i need to take my basal back slightly

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Molly56

Molly56 Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Managed to get “two for one” at doctors this morning.....appointment for other half and rather cheekily asked GP to identify rash on my stomach at the end...evidently I currently have shingles...:(...not too bad, just a small rash and occasional itching....
    ....getting appointment with this particular doctor is like gold dust as any available disappear within two minutes of being released online (others have gone within five to ten minutes of 8am release) so thankful that the ‘one patient, one problem’ managed to be bypassed on this occasion ...
    ....hope everyone has a good weekend and any storms forecast are avoided....:)

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Good initiative to get doc to check out rash, @Molly56. Ouchy, shingles. I hope you got a prescription for anti-viral meds. If you take them early on it can help reduce the severity and length of the illness.
    https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/understanding-shingles-treatment#1

Hope you don’t feel too ill with it, and can rest and recover quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook