Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hey ho. Making a joke out of it could well take peoples' minds off the injection. The words "a little scratch" generally mean "I'm gonna stab you with enormous gusto, so just sit there".

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP - your bit of kit is amazing, not only does it usually plot your smooth BG lines but you've also managed to program it to monitor your heart rate too! :eek::hilarious:

@WuTwo I was about to say the same about a little prick.

Cats doing ok, eating much better now, going to the vets early evening for more blood tests so will find out later how he's really doing.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just had an appointment for the libre training course - been self funded for 17 months then prescribed for 4 months: debating whether to take big cake to share, whether to mention the gingerbread man, introduce talk of miaomiao etc. I’ll definitely tell them about the forum.
It’s only an hour . . . Will have to talk fast!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ooops. Antibiotics always emphasise my epilepsy meds effects, so I am both woozy in the mind and wobbly on the feet. Joy.
It's a known side effect but sadly, it's live with it or do without the antibiotics.

And I feel badly about this but I just munched an entire bar of moo free chocolate (which is not nice at all compared to Kinnertons). I think I comfort ate. Darn!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think they are already upset on the whole test strips situation?
I think it might be difficult to argue if they're diet managed. I did troll my bf to ask if he wanted to wear a libre sensor because it'll be interesting to see his BG control over the 2 weeks but I got a flat out "no". :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello again friends,
I overslept, :rolleyes: So I missed my basal time by like 4-5 hours and I thought I was going to running extremely high, but it was 10.7 and that isn't too bad tbh. :hilarious:
@Fairygodmother That's some good news, I've been prescribed for 6 months and then my consultant will review. But I have a review with another team about it towards the end of this month.

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Tell you what, white Tiger Balm is brilliant for headaches. Our family have been using it since the 1960's - white for headache, red for muscular - when we lived in Singapore. Always had pots around ever since. It works brilliantly every time for me :happy: And it's vegan, of course.

Edited for spelling!

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Tell you what, white Tidger Balm is brilliant for headaches. Our family have been using it since the 1960's - white for headache, red for muscular - when we lived in Singapore. Always had pots around ever since. It works brilliantly every time for me :happy: And it's vegan, of course.

I used Tiger Balm when pregnant with my daughter, to rub into my temples if I had a headache :inpain: :)

Reactions: WuTwo

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking about the link @becca59 posted about the libre sensor improving T1's hba1cs - does that mean it'll be even more difficult to argue for a pump? I remembered two years ago there was an article to say the UK did not have as many T1's on a pump compared to Germany. It's indeed an expensive piece of kit, but surely there is more to it than a good hba1c? Libre is good for what it is, but it doesn't help those who are hypo unaware - I happen to sat through a hypo of 1.8 and I felt completely fine from the hypo, but what made me test was my curiosity and during that moment I had an upset tummy. If it wasn't for the upset tummy I would have continued to watch TV with my bf. Unless libre 2 is coming soon, then maybe we'll argue differently or by then it's another hurdled to jump through for a pump? like " Oh no hypo awareness? no problem, heres libre 2 and see you in 4 months."

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@MeiChanski - it sounds brilliant in theory but I wonder what the reality will be?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
On the topic of Libre, when the doc went to take my blood pressure this morning, she spotted my Libre and said "Ooo, that scared me. I better use the other arm."
Apart from compression low, would there be any risk putting a blood pressure cuff over a Libre?
If mine was older, I would be tempted to suggested she gave it a go but it hasn't been in for a week.

When I go to the Drs and they take my blood pressure I always ask for the cuff to be put on the opposite arm to my Libre. Don't know why I do really, probably scared the nurse will rip it off :angelic::angelic:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Apart from compression low, would there be any risk putting a blood pressure cuff over a Libre?
If mine was older, I would be tempted to suggested she gave it a go but it hasn't been in for a week.
I’ll try it with mine when it’s about to expire!

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope, I had my BP taken last week on the arm that my Libre and Blucon are on at the moment and there was no adverse affect @helensaramay :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hi @db89 - welcome to the thread :happy:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @WuTwo - I know I've been a bit quiet recently but has it been that long since I last visited the thread? :hilarious: