1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hug and Like?

Jackfruit - that is such a shame!

Loop - yayayaya!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kim Possible

Kim Possible Type 1 · Expert

@WuTwo and @MeiChanski I am confused.
    How do you have left over pizza?

Himself and I make exactly the right amount - between us we have three very thin crust pizzas. Ot one pizza each (his usually has meat on it) and a garlic bread/mozzarella balls/parmesan flatbread out of the last lot of dough.
    We have learnt not to overdo the cheese and as I don't have meat they are not too fatty.

• Like Like x 3
  3. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yeah, my lips and mouth went all tingly, and my throat swelled a little. Like very mild anaphylaxis. I did a little research and apparently it’s not uncommon in people with a birch pollen allergy. I’m not aware of being allergic to that, but I react to so many things that I wasn’t terribly surprised :(

But LOOOOOOP!!!! :borg:

• Like Like x 3
  4. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

True question My bf can eat a pizza by himself and usually my eyes are bigger than my stomach and manage a quarter of a pizza. If it’s by myself, I have pizza for the next 2 days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Easy. Make some more so you can have some for breakfast the next day!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. WuTwo

I'm useless with food - I can be totally sure I will eat a particular amount of food but then when I'm eating, I find I've had enough half way through.

In fact to deal with this I now inject as soon as I've eaten because otherwise I can find I've injected for the meal and leave half. I got very fed up dealing with the consequences, so changed injection time. Might not be "right" but it works for me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MeiChanski

Before DAFNE I was injecting after food, although I didn't have libre then to witness the spikes. On paper my BG was stable to some extent. I had my head bitten off during DAFNE for continuing to inject after food, they kept telling me to inject before. I found I never finish food and faced the consequences. So now I inject in stages or after food.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @Mel dCP I'll see what Aldi's got

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I must not rage bolus.
    I'll go find something sweet.

By the way, writing lines as a punishment/to make the rules sink in has gotten a whole lot better since my youth. Thanks, whoever invented copy-paste!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  10. WuTwo

Not a lot they can say to me - got a good HbA1C, and not many hypos .....

*warbling* "I did it myyyyy waaaaaaay"

ETA - ate every mouthful tonight plus extra strawberries. (Which were absolutely gorgeous)

• Like Like x 2
    #18270 WuTwo, Jun 23, 2019 at 5:54 PM
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  11. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

With me its Nan bread, no matter how much insulin I take and with the pump I can spit the dose over a longer period, usually 6 hours. I will go to bed with a decent BG and wake up around 3 am in double figures. Yet when I have the same curry with rice I am fine

• Hug Hug x 2
  12. MeiChanski

My bf put together my Kallax and my desk looks a lot neater. :) Finally somewhere to store books :D
    We had the last of our cheesy vegan pasta from yesterday, I wished I put some in the oven to get the cheese on top to crisp up a little. Crispy cheesy pasta sounds goood. :hilarious:

• Like Like x 2
  13. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have updated my Libre ssensor, which is supposed to give more accurate results. Dont see how that will work, but hey ho

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LooperCat

I couldn’t find my reader to update it :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Did that with my phone. Still seems to read anywhere between 0.6 and 1.5 lower than a finger prick. No need to find a reader as I've never bought one. They cost exactly the same as a sensor in the Netherlands and I rather have one more sensor than a reader :)
    Turned out the rage bolusing wasn't rage bolusing at all but accurate gut feeling :) The heat must be playing tricks with me. Bit sad about that, as I was looking forward to eating one or two kersenbonbons*, more or less demanded from the restaurant the day before yesterday 'in case I'll go hypo during driving'. (yes, of course I had boring hypo treatment with me, but I fancied those kersenbonbons)

If you ever get higher post meal spikes than you want you could always consider injecting for half your meal before eating and topping up when finished. But as long as it works for you it sounds fine to me :)

*Dark chocolate, filled with cherry liquor and an alcohol-soaked cherry :hungry:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Aubergines have the same effect on me. My husband grew some one year and we were only able to use one - we gave the rest away.

• Hug Hug x 3
  17. LooperCat

Ooh, I love those cherry things!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That sounds really scary - glad it didn't get any more serious than that! And as a complete non-techie, looking forward to hearing how you get on with your loop. It's all way outside my competence but fascinated by what you're doing

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. LooperCat

I’ve had full on anaphylaxis before (the last time I ever dyed my hair :( ), so knew it wasn’t too serious, but was also aware that it could have gone that way! I stayed awake until it wore off, just in case.
    And I’m not entirely sure that it’s within my own competence, but the online community is so helpful, I’m sure I can get it working. In an ideal world, it’ll be able to handle the slow rises and falls that my LC diet gives without having to bolus. We shall see!

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Writing out lines is a whole new chapter now lol :hilarious: not that I ever had to write out lines on the school chalk board :angelic::D
    Like your style :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook