T1 food.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks to @LooperCat for the jaffa cake idea, no flour, no sugar, low jelly and 85% choc
IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3768.JPG

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just to let everyone know, you have to eat these jaffas within a week or the jelly goes mouldy. I almost cried when I threw 4 away
Oh no! I ate all mine within three hours of them setting because I’m a glutton.

Reactions: Mad76

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just to let everyone know, you have to eat these jaffas within a week or the jelly goes mouldy. I almost cried when I threw 4 away

Within a week......they would be lucky to last all night :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Mad76

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm impressed with your octopus as I doubt I'd dare cook it :) I once bought squid rings accidently in Portugal having been tasked to cook a mixed grill, 'calamares' should have given it away but no, I served breaded squid rings instead of onion rings and my eldest still reckons to have a complex about it :p

Though it was her who fished the packaging out of the bin as I was convinced they were onion, odd tasting onion but I always maintain they do things differently overseas....

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0434.jpg

A lower carb offering again, double moussaka veg & humous, about 85g carbs all in, 4.5u now, 3u in 90 minutes.

Bon appetite :p

Reactions: Antje77

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Curry night, madras chicken, keema naan and saag aloo, 3 injections to eeat this but I've eaten lower carb all week as I've had a bug which is going so my bloods are a little lower and I'm hungry famished.
IMG_0439.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I made a vegetable Lasagna this afternoon and I will cook it later : :hungry:

DSC_1981 - Edited.jpg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
pizza for tea.jpg

My young un made me do it :p homemade pizza for two, hers is to the right mine to the left as there's chillies on my half, far too many carbs and far too much fat but once in a while's ok, she left a piece, I ate all mine and resisted the temptation to finish hers....

Nice though :)

I should add that I've a Miaomiao sat on top of my prescription Libre running xDrip so have Nightscout on a tabbed browser so I can see my bloods rise at a glance and so far my half has needed 11.5u Humalog over 3 injections, 5.5u, 3u an 3u and am at 7.3 which is 3u more than normal so far, so food like this is a thinking game. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
sunday.jpg

Easy :p like a Sunday morning.

Eggs Benedict at around the same carbs as my standard breakfast but needing a couple of units extra insulin so a little comfort eating and an excuse to burn the extra fat off later on the push bike :)

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
No photo but cooked up an amazing veg/pasta soup. Think minestrone. I used up a wrinkly carrot, a shrivelled pepper and various other sad looking veg, 2 wonky leeks. Yum and there's a pot full for tomorrow and probably the day after too. I might need to take some round to a mate's and leave it on his drive

Reactions: KK123 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0450.jpg

Yorkshire hotpot, with lamb Worcestershire sauce chilli and veg, no idea on carbs, <80 but Nightscout will keep me right :p

Reactions: SueJB and Antje77

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0472.jpg

Fish pie, pan fried spud n spinach gnocchi, veg olives humous, around and about 90g carbs, 5u Humalog now and I'd imagine another 3.5u n a couple of hours.

The gnocchi is overcooked on one side due to multitasking....