Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone, 5.7 this morning, blood test to do this afternoon so hoping the cool weather continues, BG and veins behave so I can walk the four miles there and back without incident although there’ll definitely be a coffee stop at the book shop cafe.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning broken pancreases!

Woke up IN THE GREEN for the first time in what seems like forever. 6.8 @ 0700 so whacked in my usual DP correction of 1.5u and went back to sleep once I was sure teenager had got up. 7.1 just now so have taken another unit to stop it going up any more. I’m not a morning person...

Weird Libre stuff going on though, put a new one on last Thursday evening and activated it Friday lunchtime; it’s been reading consistently 2mmol high, although with MiaoMiao I can calibrate it with blood. Gave it the weekend to settle, but it didn’t, so I took three sets of readings (blood with a scan 15m later) and phoned it into Abbott yesterday. They’re replacing it. So... got the husband to stick another on ready to activate last night after a 12h “soak” - and the original is now reading spot on with bloods. Gah. So it’s nice that I don’t have to lose it after only four days, but now I’m wearing two :borg::borg::borg:

Reading 300 labels of peanut buyer is a good testament to your patience !!
It was pleasantly cool in there :D

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip Have you tried holding a golf ball/tennis ball between the pain and a wall and rotating on it, seems to help my joints when they stiffen, bits of advice on Google looking at acupressure points, it's worth a try :)

@Mel dCP Whole earth do a peanut butter at around 7gcarbs per 100g.

A little hypo this morning but I ate a mars bar and got on as my lift was here, 5.2 now, a tin of tuna for lunch and some windows to clean, collect child from school and go swimming, before settling down with a traditional green Yorkshire Thai curry for the England game.

It's coming home :p

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@slip Have you tried holding a golf ball/tennis ball between the pain and a wall and rotating on it, seems to help my joints when they stiffen, bits of advice on Google looking at acupressure points, it's worth a try :)

A little hypo this morning but I ate a mars bar and got on as my lift was here, 5.2 now, a tin of tuna for lunch and some windows to clean, collect child from school and go swimming, before settling down with a traditional green Yorkshire Thai curry for the England game.

Peanut butter and jam sarnies are my favorite :):) Always a BIG bolus for them

P.S. It's NOT coming home :hilarious::hilarious:

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Forgive me but peanut butter is the devils excrement................

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Munchies:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.
I've got the bl**dy munchies.
Just wanna nibble, nothing meal like, just a taste.
So far ....... Greek yogurt and grapes ( small dish ), a few Doritos, 2 teaspoons PNB, 1 round brown bread and butter.
5 units novo to hopefully balance out my current cravings, doubt it will, be hey in for a penny in for a pound.
Now I'm wondering have I over done the bolus???????:):):):). 2 jelly babies to be on the safe side????:wacky::wacky:
Good night all.
PS I'm most definitely not hypo.
Just a belated caution, i get the munchies something rotten about about the 10 to 12 mmol/l mark !! Did you check bsls before eating +++?

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
This is the current view from my sofa, geographically we are rich beyond measure. Economically? Distinctly less so, the Rhondda is one of the poorest areas in Northern Europe. But I love it here, and our diabetes care is pretty fantastic.

A beautiful view !

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Peanut butter and jam sarnies are my favorite :):) Always a BIG bolus for them

P.S. It's NOT coming home :hilarious::hilarious:

Nah, gotta be peanut butter and marmite

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a belated caution, i get the munchies something rotten about about the 10 to 12 mmol/l mark !! Did you check bsls before eating +++?
Oh yes. Just one of those times when body say "FOOD"a lot louder than brain say "no food":banghead:
Bs was around 9 hence the accompanying novo shot.

Reactions: karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

The Whole Earth one with sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds is only 4.6g per 100 ;)

And it’s probably not, ya know...

Only seven jabs so far today, BG averaging 7.1±1.4 which is a distinct improvement.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get munchies when bg low
My munchies, I fear had nothing to do with diabeteic highs or lows.
Just one of those human being things:):):). I do think sometimes we apportion blame to our condition when in all honesty we are just being " normal" going through those non diabetic emotions.
But yes munchies are more often than not a sign of low bloods.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My munchies, I fear had nothing to do with diabeteic highs or lows.
Just one of those human being things:):):). I do think sometimes we apportion blame to our condition when in all honesty we are just being " normal" going through those non diabetic emotions.
But yes munchies are more often than not a sign of low bloods.
Im terrible when grandsons come i have a goody drawer for them it doesnt bother me when there not here but when they come im giving them dirty looks while they are stuffing chocolate and sweets and eldest goes your not allowed nanny and hes only4

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im terrible when grandsons come i have a goody drawer for them it doesnt bother me when there not here but when they come im giving them dirty looks while they are stuffing chocolate and sweets and eldest goes your not allowed nanny and hes only4
Don't get me started on grandkids :). My granddaughter, almost 7, is at full speed with my diabetes. She is always ready to inform anyone who needs to know about why I don't eat certain foods. Ask why I'm injecting before a meal and be prepared for everything you need to know about diabetes. She takes every little bit of information in, stores it and then uses it when needs be.
I absolutely idolise her. She creates a light like no one else can.:):):)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't get me started on grandkids :). My granddaughter, almost 7, is at full speed with my diabetes. She is always ready to inform anyone who needs to know about why I don't eat certain foods. Ask why I'm injecting before a meal and be prepared for everything you need to know about diabetes. She takes every little bit of information in, stores it and then uses it when needs be.
I absolutely idolise her. She creates a light like no one else can.:):):)
Grandkids are certainly special i think our alex has been here b4 the stuff he comes out with .im waiting for a grandaughter ive got 2 sons a stepson and 2 grandsons im in the minority no sisters and 1 brother.