Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
August here. He'll be starting school in a few weeks.
Nanna has spent last 7 yrs looking after grandkids 3 days a week. First granddaughter, then both and finally Alex.
She isn't looking forward to not having someone to look after.:(:(
I know its like a loss our alex has got another year at nursery as he missed september start by a month

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all :)

l’ve had a busy/stressful few days at work and my BG levels over the last few days reflect that. Grrr

Another day today. Woke on 2.9- according to libre I have been low most of the night. *Might* have just emptied the entire content of the kitchen cupboards to treat this hypo. Serious munchies.

Just waiting for the aftermath of this hypo, with my added (usual) morning rise to kick in

Hope everyone has a good day.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning all :)

l’ve had a busy/stressful few days at work and my BG levels over the last few days reflect that. Grrr

Another day today. Woke on 2.9- according to libre I have been low most of the night. *Might* have just emptied the entire content of the kitchen cupboards to treat this hypo. Serious munchies.

Just waiting for the aftermath of this hypo, with my added (usual) morning rise to kick in

Hope everyone has a good day.
Do you need locks on particular kitchen cupboards.? One remedy for the fridge was , according to someone trying to lose weight, but the concept is similar, to put a toy snake on the fridge shel at eye level. Best Wishes with dealing with any rebound !!

Reactions: Cumberland

wildtoast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After consuming many carby sinful calories last night watching the match I floated at 12 all night according to the Libre. I could have told you that without it judging by the way I just want to drink a gallon of water! Ugh!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
After consuming many carby sinful calories last night watching the match I floated at 12 all night according to the Libre. I could have told you that without it judging by the way I just want to drink a gallon of water! Ugh!
Repeat after me: Drink water as you eat !!! Hope you wash out the salt !!

Reactions: Cumberland

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, 4.1 for me so I'll get both slices of bread with my eggs after porridge :) I swapped last night for Friday with the young un so I've got her Friday/Saturday night instead and I've found car with a power steering fluid leak, hopefully it's the cheapy I've been looking for :)

We're coming home :p

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Do you need locks on particular kitchen cupboards.? One remedy for the fridge was , according to someone trying to lose weight, but the concept is similar, to put a toy snake on the fridge shel at eye level. Best Wishes with dealing with any rebound !!

You can ‘borrow’ the young grass snake that’s taken up residence in our pond. I’m trying not to get fond of it as it’ll eventually eat all the frogs.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hope your car find’s a goodun kev, do you know how to mend the power steering? Remember the days before power steering was introduced - good for well-toned arms.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope your car find’s a goodun kev, do you know how to mend the power steering? Remember the days before power steering was introduced - good for well-toned arms.

:) The car it's replacing has no power steering, the leak's from either the pump or a pipe and a mate of mine will grab me the bits from a local scrapyard on Saturday when he goes.

Something I've found whilst using the Libre is my finger tips no longer have all the dots from fingerpricking showing up when I've oil on my hands :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Don't get me started on grandkids :). My granddaughter, almost 7, is at full speed with my diabetes. She is always ready to inform anyone who needs to know about why I don't eat certain foods. Ask why I'm injecting before a meal and be prepared for everything you need to know about diabetes. She takes every little bit of information in, stores it and then uses it when needs be.
I absolutely idolise her. She creates a light like no one else can.:):):)
My daughter once told an entire bus load of passengers that I was not sharing her sweets because of being diabetic.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all! Had a steady night in the green zone according to blood calibrated Spike, and just above it according to the non-calibratable Libre scanner and app. Still got the slightly off sensor running, as I’m trying to eke it out as long as possible, but only because I can calibrate it. Currently being clobbered by dawn rise, so have injected twice for that, just after 0430 when my Spike Alarm went off, and again just now. It’s set to shout at me when I hit 7mmol.

Trip to Costco today...

I remember not having power steering, my old Land Rover was pretty hefty to manoeuvre at low speed. Had a 3.5 Rover V8 under the bonnet, absolutely loved it...

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good mornin all. Woke with a dead straight line this morning "LO" grrrr. Changed the sensor last night so was expecting a bit of difference. Finger prick was at 4. So will be finger pricking and scanning today
Power steering issues at the moment seem to be a BIG problem. We had a C3 Picasso in the garage last week....power steering pump gone...WOW how expensive to repair....power steering rack and pump all in one