Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good mornin all. Woke with a dead straight line this morning "LO" grrrr. Changed the sensor last night so was expecting a bit of difference. Finger prick was at 4. So will be finger pricking and scanning today
Power steering issues at the moment seem to be a BIG problem. We had a C3 Picasso in the garage last week....power steering pump gone...WOW how expensive to repair....power steering rack and pump all in one

Gulps as he looks out of his window at his new Xsara Picasso :p but the pump's a fair way from the rack and selling for £30 or so on Ebay, I could be lucky and find a pipe leaking but I reckon it's where the reservoir fits the pump body, I gave £200 for the car on a 53 plate, mot till next April, 4 newish tires so it's either going to be a bargain or a nightmare :p

Reactions: Cumberland

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Gulps as he looks out of his window at his new Xsara Picasso :p but the pump's a fair way from the rack and selling for £30 or so on Ebay, I could be lucky and find a pipe leaking but I reckon it's where the reservoir fits the pump body, I gave £200 for the car on a 53 plate, mot till next April, 4 newish tires so it's either going to be a bargain or a nightmare :p

OOOoops. It was on a 5 year old car @kev-w and it was electric power steering - really weird set up. Yours will be fine

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OOOoops. It was on a 5 year old car @kev-w and it was electric power steering - really weird set up. Yours will be fine

I went to look at a Mazda 2 advertised with a 'slight' misfire on the 2nd cylinder first, he let me whip the plugs out and ouch oh my :( so he's relisted it as 'needs replacement engine' now, I do so hate these 'coil packs' and the like and needing to plug into a port to read the fault on a laptop, bring back points and condenser ignitions & carburettors and the like :p

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I went to look at a Mazda 2 advertised with a 'slight' misfire on the 2nd cylinder first, he let me whip the plugs out and ouch oh my :( so he's relisted it as 'needs replacement engine' now, I do so hate these 'coil packs' and the like and needing to plug into a port to read the fault on a laptop, bring back points and condenser ignitions & carburettors and the like :p

Engine management lights are the bane of my life. Our Snap-On machine will only point you in the right direction for the fault showing up! Yeah, the cars run a lot better and more efficiently now BUT OH MY GOD are a pain in the rear

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well does the power steering need repair ? probably yes, unless it allows extra munchies !!

We usually run cars until they can run no more: when I gave an old Corolla to the Motor Mechanic training dept at a local College I left a load of munchies on the passenger seat in case the driver got marooned on the way - 15 mile drive, no 1st or 5th gear, no working windscreen wipers, temperamental firing, odd noises, occasionally needed restarting, heater dead, but brakes worked and it was red and visible.
We did a job/house/car swop with a couple in Adelaide back when that red car was young and I wasn’t amused when the cranky old brown car they left for us died in the middle of a busy interchange with me and our two young children on board. That one’s power steering had gone and boy was it heavy!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all, 4.9 last night , 10.something this morning. Dentist was as expected, bit of numbing, bit of drilling and a bit of dibbling :D

no ones mentioned the football this morning.............:bag:

Looks like the players will be coming home......empty handed

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to bed 6.1 woke on 5.7 was a nice start. 30g of carbs in breakfast 3 units of apidra, shot to 11.6 . A correction of 1 unit extra and into a hypo an hour later. Today is going to be one of them days.

Timing issue? ;)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just an average day so far. Nothing untowards.
@Robinredbreast . Hope you start to feel better soon. We want our RRB back to how we know her.:)

@slip . Football????? What football? Are you're sure you don't mean Wimbledon?

@kev-w . Good luck with the car. It's a Citroen. What can go wrong;)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Been an okayish day so far in Wales, bit cooler, which is nice. Still running a higher dose of Tresiba, no idea if it's started working or not, running mid sevens to eights but only six corrections so far today!

Son is away tomorrow for the weekend so instead of Fajita Friday, we’re having Fajita Fursday today.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Been an okayish day so far in Wales, bit cooler, which is nice. Still running a higher dose of Tresiba, no idea if it's started working or not, running mid sevens to eights but only six corrections so far today!

Son is away tomorrow for the weekend so instead of Fajita Friday, we’re having Fajita Fursday today.
Winner

Reactions: Knikki