Insulin
Good morning everyone have a great day
FB_IMG_1522251680904.jpg

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke with a hypo at 5:30 having increased my Toujeo a unit. Daily highs and dawn phenomenon have been on the increase the last few weeks. Well that went well!! Now have a headache grr....! This is a no win situation. Have a good day all.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all 4.4 when I woke up late just then, I do hate rushing with a passion:banghead: but anyway.

Another funeral mid morning, a 71 year old t2 who didn't follow a low carb diet, well, no diet at all as his missus is a kebab shop receptionist, taught me some car mechanics in my youth and his step son's a good friend, definitely no alcohol afterwards tho :)

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
6.2 at 5.30am
Feel ok but I'm a bit ratty...........or a bit rattier than normal.

Happy times and places

Tony

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w
K

Knikki

Morning one and all :)

3:00 am at 12.9 so blob 8 u nova in
6:30 am at 11.5 so blob 5 u nova in

Currently at 8.6 and now after reading takesof munchies breakfast is going to interesting, hotel and buffet style one.

Libre now dead, forgot to pack reader and you can't activate a new one with it, I am aware of Glimp 2 but as new to this I'll not use it yet.

Pin pricktastic day ahead and guess which way we're going.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone,

Woke with a blood sugar somewhere in the 5s, so happy with that. Not much to say, I'm just posting this, really, because I have one of those undeletable comments, that I started writing but never posted, in my reply box, and this is the only way to get rid of it.

Hope everyone has a good day.

@kev-w - that's a sad story, hope the funeral goes ok.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all..... Woke with a 6.4 this morning so have a smile on my face at the mo. Libre went a bit daft last night was showing Lo/2.5 for over 2 hours finger prick showing 5.5! Its got until tomorrow until change over. Its spot on today thou.....grrrr technology lol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
morning guys. woke on a 7,5 which is good. Son is popping round soon, teenager is coming home in her lunch break and my daughter who just got married is popping round to see me with new baby granddaughter Cleo <3

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, was 9 something last night, 8 something this morning - nothing to write home about really. Dentist this afternoon to look forward to - stage 2 of 3, no doubt I'll be dribbling later! And I'm getting fed up of being in constant pain with my back/sciatic issues, it is quite literally a PITA. :woot:

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I was on metformin slow release a few years ago - let’s just say the polite phrase “digestive distress” didn’t quite cover it. I still keep a library in my bathroom from those days of spending so much time in there! It’s called the “Bog-leaian Library”...
That is logic for you !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I asked about Fiasp at my last appointment, but they said to only change one at a time, and we’d look into it at my next appointment, which is in September. It’s definitely on my list of things to discuss!
Caution reigns !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Well, I’m down to 8.9mmol. Still appalling compared to what I’ve got used to, but I’ll take single figures as a win this week! 11 shots so far today, an unheard of 17.5u NovoSluggish...

In other news, some renovation work on my local Asda in Tonypandy is yielding some good new products I’ve only seen in Cardiff branches. Sugar free sweet chilli sauce for one! Also vegan Quorn ham, which I love. I spent about 20 minutes reading the labels on the three hundred different varieties of peanut butter, and found one that’s only 4.6% carb, about half to a third of most of the others.
Reading 300 labels of peanut buyer is a good testament to your patience !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Had what I feel is bad news today... tried to book onto the DAFNE course only to be told I can't do it because I'll have started on a pump by then. I understand it's more geared towards basal bolus but I'm not getting CGM so most of the carb counting stuff will apply. When I told them I've had no training whatsoever in carb counting they offered me a 2 hour session on it... not really the same thing. Not sure how other people feel about DAFNE but it was really pushed as something I should do and now I feel I'm going to miss out on what people said was essential
In Oz, DAFNE is optional. I never had it suggested by perhaps being on insulin for 45 yeras at the time they just assumed I would know. (Ha !). It was easy to pick up. Please do not sweat the small stuff !!

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
i changed from lantus to tresiba and apidra to fiasp within a week of eachother i do hope that when you change it works mel :)
What a juggler !!
Just been reading about the man who 'cued' himself of Type 1 diabetes with a rare gene and long distance running, David Darkes, diagnosed 8 years. Have you read it ?
I think he had a very rare form which may not be strictly T1D but still ??

Reactions: karen8967

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hypo yesterday trying to manage going to a movie which always puts the BSLs up. Darn gRRRRR.
Today quiet day with some exercise. Stubbornness during hypos is not a blessing!
The BBC's "And Then There Were None" is a bottler !!