Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all.Teenager was as sick as a pig about 5 times yesterday, especially the evening. So she had one sofa and I had the other, we ended up going to bed at 1.50am, so no work at the Nursery for her today.
Just drinking a cup of tea and BS was 6.6 this morning, tummy is still a bit jippy but hopefully that will ease off. It hasn't got to go.................

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Struggling to stay in single figures at the moment. Excitement I guess.
Holiday times are here.
Grandkids for a whole week as from tomorrow. Watch out Weston super Mare:):):).
Stuff to check. Directions, car, medication and will 2 pairs of underpants be enough for the week?:):).
Have a good day all.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
will 2 pairs of underpants be enough for the week?

you know it is, rotate inside out, back to front...........oh and did you enjoy the PNB last night in bed?!!! :eek:

Had the Pasta monster last night, i was just too grumpy and fed up to fine tune the insulin for last nights pasta dish, so went to bed at 10 and a correction dose (that the monster must have consumed) and was 11 this morning.

Saw the osteopath this morning and feeling slightly more 'comfortable' (for the time being).

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip Have you ever tried cooking your pasta, rinsing it under the tap till cold then keeping in the fridge for 30 mins, then reheat in the microwave when your sauce is cooked, I'd done this for years for convenience then read an article I would normally say quack to recommending this as-
It's called "resistant starch" because once pasta, potatoes or any starchy food is cooked and cooled it becomes resistant to the normal enzymes in our gut that break carbohydrates down and releases glucose that then causes the familiar blood sugar surge

But it seems to work :)

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip Have you ever tried cooking your pasta, rinsing it under the tap till cold then keeping in the fridge for 30 mins, then reheat in the microwave when your sauce is cooked, I'd done this for years for convenience then read an article I would normally say quack to recommending this as it's

I have, and experienced it first hand with the left overs. I'll mention it to the cook, any idea on the amount of carbs to bolus for when following this 'recipe'? Uncooked pasta is normally something around 70g per 100g, cooked is something like 30g, so whats the re-heated value like?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Struggling to stay in single figures at the moment. Excitement I guess.
Holiday times are here.
Grandkids for a whole week as from tomorrow. Watch out Weston super Mare:):):).
Stuff to check. Directions, car, medication and will 2 pairs of underpants be enough for the week?:):).
Have a good day all.
Have a fab time the rower id take 3 pairs just to be on the safe side

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@slip Have you ever tried cooking your pasta, rinsing it under the tap till cold then keeping in the fridge for 30 mins, then reheat in the microwave when your sauce is cooked, I'd done this for years for convenience then read an article I would normally say quack to recommending this as it's

Not tried this yet but definitely will. The pasta surge is an agent of chaos and grumpiness, but I wonder if restaurants can adapt?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have, and experienced it first hand with the left overs. I'll mention it to the cook, any idea on the amount of carbs to bolus for when following this 'recipe'? Uncooked pasta is normally something around 70g per 100g, cooked is something like 30g, so whats the re-heated value like?

Looking at mine, 'wholewheat pasta 23g carbs/100g uncooked, giving a 75g uncooked portion (180gcooked) 41g carbs, to me it's not a carb reduction as such, but it delays the sugars digestion speed and removes the spike as it's (for me) matching my insulins uptake.

If that makes sense? :p

Here's the article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29629761

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning everyone. Ate late after going to the flicks with a friend and the libre says higher than I like to all night, but not disastrous, despite correction before sleep. Grrrrr. 1.5u in at 5.30 am and so far in range.
Cat already out, young birds have nearly got the hang of the bird feeder, runner beans and perpetual spinach just about big enough to eat, but I regret signs of time passing. Maybe it’s because it’s a cloudy day.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip . Crunchy PNB at the present time. Wife complains the bits end up in some "awkward " places.;)

Good to hear you've managed some pain relief for the moment. Hope it lasts for a good while.
Take care.

Reactions: Cumberland and slip

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. Nice bit of dawn phenomenon this morning saw me soar 5mmol to a 10.6 in the space of about an hour. So that was nice. 4u got that down to 8mmol, so took a spot more and I’m running mid 5s now. Wonder if my extra unit of Tresiba is kicking in, the heat subsiding a little, or fluctuating hormones... gah.

I’m seeing so many comments from T1s who have found for the first year ever the heat is making them run high, when in previous years they’d be low. Have they changed insulin formulae to make it less heat stable, maybe?

Hope you all have a good day, I’ve got to drive my son to Oxford later as it’s his weekend with his dad. Looking forward to some thunderstorms!

tizzy

Not just diabetics that need jelly babies

Attachments

• 9488EF10-7CB3-4584-BD18-AE1F583717F1.png
    9488EF10-7CB3-4584-BD18-AE1F583717F1.png
    262.4 KB · Views: 151

paulchew1988

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to bed last night on 6.9. Finally managed to end yesterday on a stable level. Woke up 5.4 same again 30g of carbs for breakfast 3 units of apidra into a hypo at about half 11. I think im going to stay off anything but porridge for breakfast, it seems to be the only thing that agrees with me in the morning. Stable now still sitting in the 5's

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's raining here with thunder earlier.

A couple of things to say about our fellow human beings. Yesterday to my surprise I received a parcel. It was from a lovely lady I have never met, but we and some other's became friends on this forum, but she is no longer on here. She first sent me a lovely Get well card and then a parcel of book s with another gift sellotaped inside, earrings. I don't think any words can thank her thoughtfulness and kindness.
Tuesday, 1 day after returning home from hospital, I emailed my manager to let her know I was home. (My teenager first told her about my hospital admission and I had, I think 1 or 2 whatsapp's from her) this was my short email, considering how unwell I was
"Hi Jenny, I am home now from hospital after contracting Pneumonia - Sepsis, with a 3 month + recovery" ******
Today is Friday and this is what I received ( so far) back from my manager

Nothing !!

Last edited: