Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

Hey man!!!!!! Time to get down and jiggy with us young uns.:):):).
PNB from the tub when hypo.......it makes diabetes worthwhile.
Evolution took a few steps back when I turned up.
Just gonna drag the wife upstairs by her hair and spread her in PNB now;).

Can i have your address please so I can send my therapist's bill to you? ;):):):)

K

Knikki

My current address is.........
Bottom of your garden, living with the fairies.:wacky::wacky:

~Puts on deer stalker hat on, with corks hanging from it, and clasping a big net~

"What you doing?" Says the other half

"Off to down the bottom of the garden to catch @therower should be easy to track him as he only changes his underwear once a week if your lucky" says me :cat::hilarious:

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
:meh: It's always nice to have a caring and supportive manager :facepalm:

Don't let it get to you they're probably too busy at the mo finding out how much you normally do by covering for you.

Just had an email asking for cover on 8 events in the store I work in........... I hope no one can do it and the manager has to do it herself ! :mad:

*Good afternoon,

Please see a list of jobs uncovered if anyone can cover any please let me know.

Thanks*

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just had an email asking for cover on 8 events in the store I work in........... I hope no one can do it and the manager has to do it herself ! :mad:

*Good afternoon,

Please see a list of jobs uncovered if anyone can cover any please let me know.

Thanks*
The quality of that message just shows how unappreciative she is. Basic message, no tailoring to team.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The quality of that message just shows how unappreciative she is. Basic message, no tailoring to team.

I now have time to think about what I will do when I get better about returning to some kind of work. Most of the customer's are great, but tbh the company stinks :banghead:

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I now have time to think about what I will do when I get better about returning to some kind of work. Most of the customer's are great, but tbh the company stinks :banghead:

Phased return - vital! Ask for it, ask the GP to write and say it’s necessary. The Manager concerned needs to suffer a bit longer.
Are the whole Management team as empathetic as she is?
And look for another job! When you find one, give the shortest notice possible!
I’m imagining your T1 friends ganging together to visit the manager after you’ve left to let her know what they all think of her - what fancy dress costumes should we wear?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Robs
Nice and steady
I agree with FG go get a doctors note for phased return over 4 weeks
Take care x

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good evening all. Woke up at 3am last night LO. 5 jelly babies is all I had (finger prick 2.5). Woke at 9am to a 17 grrr. Been up and down all day. My better half decided she would make a cake this afternoon with buttercream filling. Oh my absolute favourite....have lost count on how many correction doses I have done....currently on 9.9
We are having friends over for food tomorrow evening so I have made a lemon sorbet with an edge of vodka....must say it's very refreshing AND VERY boozy.

Reactions: slip

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a busy day with non diabetes stuff. Hence my old buddy has been largely ignored today. When I have partook everything has been there or there about. Higher as opposed to lower. Correction doses have kept things levelish.
Just devoured 3 mini peppers stiffed with double Gloucester cheese. A bit of useless information for you all there:).
Looks like heatwave maybe breaking. Just a bit of rain will help.
Enjoy the weekend everyone come rain or shine:)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Late on parade again... drove to Oxford and back to South Wales, fuelled by covfefe. Drank a bottle of very dry pink wine, watched my fave band in the world do a little a slot on BBC4 which I live streamed to the global fans on our Facebook page. Literally filmed my telly with my phone lol.

Dinner was prawns and bean sprouts, yet despite three million units of insulin I’ve gone from 5.something to 11.whatever in the space of an hour. Going to eat cheese and go to bed.

Remind me tomorrow to regret all my terrible choices. Sleep well, friends x

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thought I was being good yesterday late afternoon changing the pump cartridge a bit early to avoid a later change. All seemed well at bedtime BSLs wise. But 17 mmol/l this morning ? Hum.
You guessed it - needle insert bent. New insert now in place, waiting for the correct dose to work ......
Talk about times when you need a gun - to fire in a needle insert at 90 degrees and /or an alarm that tells you that the needle is bent (literally and in a suspicion sense) rather than bent tubing or air bubble.
Where is NASA or another space agency when you need them ??

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone does anyonè find thier bgs drop when they eat almonds i had a hand full b4 bed bgs were 7.6 and i woke to a 3.1 this is not the first time this has happened even happens through the day to after eating them anyway enjoy the weekend whatever you may or may not be doing

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good morning everyone does anyonè find thier bgs drop when they eat almonds i had a hand full b4 bed bgs were 7.6 and i woke to a 3.1 this is not the first time this has happened even happens through the day to after eating them anyway enjoy the weekend whatever you may or may not be doing
Hi @karen8967, Just when you have found that almonds have zero carbs but could the fat in them slow down absorption of any carbs eaten around that time and thus change the balance of carbs vs insulin timing ?
Also I avoid almonds because they a chock-a-block full of omega -6s. I have walnuts instewad but the fat in them might still cause the same BSL problem,:)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Late on parade again... drove to Oxford and back to South Wales, fuelled by covfefe. Drank a bottle of very dry pink wine, watched my fave band in the world do a little a slot on BBC4 which I live streamed to the global fans on our Facebook page. Literally filmed my telly with my phone lol.

Dinner was prawns and bean sprouts, yet despite three million units of insulin I’ve gone from 5.something to 11.whatever in the space of an hour. Going to eat cheese and go to bed.

Remind me tomorrow to regret all my terrible choices. Sleep well, friends x
Pro-caffeination : 'the feeling derived from looking forward to the next cup of coffee'