Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

Good day things trundling along nicely, in fact they taste rather nice as well.

Got thorugh roll and a half of film, will finish off maybe tomorrow and develop them Saturday.

Other news I have completed forgotten the PIN number for my debit card :oldman: :hilarious: which is proving interesting when paying for things :pompous:

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

Got thorugh roll and a half of film, will finish off maybe tomorrow and develop them Saturday.

Other news I have completed forgotten the PIN number for my debit card :oldman: :hilarious: which is proving interesting when paying for things :pompous:
Good to hear! Except the pin bit, obvs.

120, sheet or 35mm?

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
120 got some Rollei RPX 25 which have not used before.

Also got some CineStill 50D to try as well.
Nice! I’ve still got a fridge full of 120 rolls of Velvia and Delta 3200, even though I sold my Bronica MF kit a while ago. Still got a Brownie and my Grandad’s old TLR Yashica from the 50s. Plus all my dev kit :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sounds like a good day.
Is your PIN number the same as mine? 1234 ;)

K

Knikki

Nice! I’ve still got a fridge full of 120 rolls of Velvia and Delta 3200, even though I sold my Bronica MF kit a while ago. Still got a Brownie and my Grandad’s old TLR Yashica from the 50s. Plus all my dev kit :)

Nice, I have a stack of film gear I still use, I also use digital.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0982.JPG Day 41. Hang on in there:):):):):):):).
Back from gym. This baby saying 6.3 and falling. Finger prick 5.9.:p

Reactions: kev-w

wildtoast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My mid afternoon hypo saga continues. I've already dropped my daytime basal down to 2u and switched my lunchtime carb ratio to 1:15 from 1:10. My post meal spikes are already bad enough at 1:15, a bit wary of moving it further. But I continue to go hypo :( not sure what else to do, I'd even had a sneaky coffee mid afternoon (milk + 2 sugars) that I didn't bolus for and which did nothing to stop the drop about half 5/6 o'clock!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My mid afternoon hypo saga continues. I've already dropped my daytime basal down to 2u and switched my lunchtime carb ratio to 1:15 from 1:10. My post meal spikes are already bad enough at 1:15, a bit wary of moving it further. But I continue to go hypo :( not sure what else to do, I'd even had a sneaky coffee mid afternoon (milk + 2 sugars) that I didn't bolus for and which did nothing to stop the drop about half 5/6 o'clock!
Can you get a half unit pen for your basal, assuming you don’t already have one? Means you could lower it by smaller increments. What are you having for lunch?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @wildtoast . Annoying problems :banghead:.
Just a thought but could your lunchtime eating habits be a cause?
If you are saying you spike and then go hypo in the afternoons have you considered what you are eating.
Certain foods will often have a very short lifespan in our digestive systems. Fruit and white bread in my case. I will get a substantial rise for an hour and half then drop off after. Problem then is hypo from IOB. Novorapid can be effective for upto 5 hrs.
Only a suggestion but maybe look at something to prolong the digestive process. Peanut butter does it for me.
Hope you can find some resolution :)

wildtoast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Admittedly today was a sandwich made with white bread... I blame the 3 day migraine earlier this week on having not gone to the shops this week! So much for you can eat whatever you want ha!

@Mel dCP Only got 1 half unit pen at the moment for my Novorubbish. Might ask next week when I'm back in if they have any more halfy pens around I could have!

Monday I tried a low-ish carb lunch, cream crackers with cheese, then a boiled egg and some sliced peppers but then the Worlds Worst Migraine happened and the week went to pot... Think I need to try along those lines again as I had a much better spike (stayed below 9). Trouble is I'm too picky! Need more ideas for low carb lunches to fill me up. Peanut butter is pretty low carb depending on which brand you buy right...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Admittedly today was a sandwich made with white bread... I blame the 3 day migraine earlier this week on having not gone to the shops this week! So much for you can eat whatever you want ha!

@Mel dCP Only got 1 half unit pen at the moment for my Novorubbish. Might ask next week when I'm back in if they have any more halfy pens around I could have!

Monday I tried a low-ish carb lunch, cream crackers with cheese, then a boiled egg and some sliced peppers but then the Worlds Worst Migraine happened and the week went to pot... Think I need to try along those lines again as I had a much better spike (stayed below 9). Trouble is I'm too picky! Need more ideas for low carb lunches to fill me up. Peanut butter is pretty low carb depending on which brand you buy right...
I’ve come to the conclusion that for me at least, the “eat whatever you want” thing was about the biggest disservice they could have done me. Cos I did. And it wasn’t pretty, unless you like Etch a Sketch. Luckily (?) didn’t have one at the time, so was oblivious...

Also, “Novorubbish” is just brilliant. Thought NovoSluggish was good, but you win. The word, not the insulin, obvs.

Peanut butter can be very high, or very low. The lowest ones I’ve found are the Whole Earth jobbies, the one with flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds is the lowest one I have found so far (after reading the labels on the WALL OF PEANUT BUTTER in Asda yesterday) at just 4.6/100g - some can be over 30!

If you like eggs, lunch is easy. I often have omelette, hard boiled eggs, egg mayo, poached eggs, fried eggs.... blah blah blah. Or a bowl of chopped avocado with prawns, 90 second bread (30g ground almonds mixed with a beaten egg and loads of seasoning, nuked in a plastic takeaway container for 90s) with peanut butter, or sardines, or a million different things. Good as it is, but even better dry fried for a spot of toast effect. And only 3g carbs. Or a stir fry minus the noodles/rice - just a pack for two all to myself! Hungry now...

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heads up on PNB. Certain B&M stores sell Whole Earth PNB. £5 for a 1kg tub. A good price I feel.
Unfortunately none of the stores near me sell it, so no use any of you lot coming and trying to buy any:p

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why on earth would you want to buy 1kg tub of PNB????

~goes off muttering about the start of modern man and where evolution went wrong~
Hey man!!!!!! Time to get down and jiggy with us young uns.:):):).
PNB from the tub when hypo.......it makes diabetes worthwhile.
Evolution took a few steps back when I turned up.
Just gonna drag the wife upstairs by her hair and spread her in PNB now;).