Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, BGs have been good recently, and I was just checking my averages on the libre reader, so for the last 7 days it's 6.7, 14 days it's 8.4, 30 days it's 9.0 and 90 days 8.7. Time in target - 7 days=9% below, 83% in, 8% above, 14 days = 5%,69%, 26%, 30 days =4%,61%, 35% 90 days =5%,64%, 31%. And daily patterns, this week has been very tight with the light blue area where as the others have large expanses of light blue! - I think that sums up nicely what happened over Christmas!

@MeiChanski I think your manager is a <insert derogatory word> however look at it from their side, a table you were in charge of didn't have a trouble free and enjoyable time.

You've admitted you're too quick at tapping in the orders, and then there was miscommunication to the kitchen - or perhaps not clear enough instructions? And as far as the customer was concern there was a mishap with one dish. If you had taken a minute longer to make sure the order was entered correctly in the first place your manager wouldn't have outed you in whats app, you wouldn't feel shamed, the manager wouldn't have had a go and the customer would have had an enjoyable time..........As i say i think your manager can't manage their way out of a paper bag, but that isn't the customers fault and in hospitality the customer is king (except when they are blatantly wrong! :D)

How many other tables did you manage at that time? I would be open and honest with your manager and admit what happened (and that in future you'll correct it - you've learned something from this) but also point out that was one table out of however many you covered. And start looking for something else.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Not much to report here so will go and have a ponder on the forum......

BUT will have to agree with @slip on about your post @MeiChanski. Your manager is a male chicken (BUT without the rel on the end)! BUT it does seem like you did make a mistake with that table.....

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi guys i have disconnected my pump i cant cope with it anymore constant high bgs insulin needs going up by the day sore sites after i remove pods i know its only been 5 weeks but im sick of feeling unwell with constant high numbers ive taken my basal injection this morning use to do it in evening but mornings will work better for me due to work do you think i should take maybe 1/2 a dose this evening then carry on as normal tomorrow morning so its back in my system or leave till morning ,i have tried phoning dn but no one getting back to me ,just after some advice x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that @karen8967 :( . looks like the pod didn't agree with you at all.
it didnt porl69 trust me to be the person who it doesnt work for :banghead: i know its only been 5 weeks but its been awful regardless of tweaks and my insulin needs were just going up and up basal was more than i was originally on x

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did tell my supervisor that I was in the wrong but I still get a whatsapp message from my manager asking why did it happen. I wasn’t ignorant or rude to that table, I tried my best in asking the kitchen if they can get their dish out asap but they disregarded it until supervisor went upstairs to emphasis it. It wasn’t dealt badly but rather it was not dealt with smoothly or quickly. Of course they didn’t have a good time, I was internally panicking for them.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One of my interviews have been cancelled so I have one tomorrow and I’m free until pump therapy. I guess I can use the time to look through uni work and with the other job, they are not offering me any hours as well.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 Sending you hugs! I hope your dsn gets back to you asap. Being high most of them is not fun :( I know our experiences will be different but now I’m fearing Friday which is my turn.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi guys i have disconnected my pump i cant cope with it anymore constant high bgs insulin needs going up by the day sore sites after i remove pods i know its only been 5 weeks but im sick of feeling unwell with constant high numbers ive taken my basal injection this morning use to do it in evening but mornings will work better for me due to work do you think i should take maybe 1/2 a dose this evening then carry on as normal tomorrow morning so its back in my system or leave till morning ,i have tried phoning dn but no one getting back to me ,just after some advice x

Oh no!

I am on day 7 of my pump and I know I need to make adjustments to my basal dose as I have been waking up higher than I would like!

Had an unsettled, clingy baby this week so not had time to get my head round making adjustments yet

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@ karen8967 I am so sorry it didn’t work out for you. I’m not sure how much you want to try a pump ever again but some people don’t do well with the cannula and need to use steel sets on tubed pumps to make it work. The sore sites sound like that might have been the issue. I know the Tandem reps here have been good about sending out samples of different infusion sets. You might have been allergic so if you ever want to try again keep steel sets in mind. So sorry it was a bad experience and I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski From their point of view you had one table and you mucked it up because you weren’t careful. When we are young and starting first jobs mistakes are made and we live and learn. It can happen throughout life. You just pick yourself up and learn from your mistakes and brush yourself off, head high and move on!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s a shame that omnipod doesn’t offer more options for cannulas etc. @karen8967 I hope your team can offer you something else. Have you tried a barrier type product or skin barrier stuff to see if your skin reacts the same? As Marie said, it could be the adhesive or the cannula or the insulin causing a reaction. I hope things settle and there is a solution or a chance to trial another pump.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ karen8967 I am so sorry it didn’t work out for you. I’m not sure how much you want to try a pump ever again but some people don’t do well with the cannula and need to use steel sets on tubed pumps to make it work. The sore sites sound like that might have been the issue. I know the Tandem reps here have been good about sending out samples of different infusion sets. You might have been allergic so if you ever want to try again keep steel sets in mind. So sorry it was a bad experience and I hope you feel better soon.
Aw thanks marie ive tried to get in touch with dn today and no-one got back to me was rather upset ,receptionist just said nurses were busy with clinics but a phone call takes minutes just felt totally let down ive had more support off all yous on here sorry for moaning xx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s a shame that omnipod doesn’t offer more options for cannulas etc. @karen8967 I hope your team can offer you something else. Have you tried a barrier type product or skin barrier stuff to see if your skin reacts the same? As Marie said, it could be the adhesive or the cannula or the insulin causing a reaction. I hope things settle and there is a solution or a chance to trial another pump.
It wasnt adhesive it was the cannula if nurse ever gets back to me i will ask but after 4 phone calls today and messages left i doubt it x also i cant see it being the insulin as had no problems with it b4 pump x

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It wasnt adhesive it was the cannula if nurse ever gets back to me i will ask but after 4 phone calls today and messages left i doubt it x also i cant see it being the insulin as had no problems with it b4 pump x

Sending you positive vibes!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My manager said I should take time out because I said I haven’t been feeling too great with hypos etc. Dexcom graph looks drastic, but she won’t do it under SSP.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think she wants to let me go because “your low blood sugars are happening too often”.