Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone. Rains stopped here and off to get hair cut and coloured. So all good. Also having the grandson today, so busy day.
Nice straight low Libre line all night. What could possibly go wrong lol!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning Karen, morning all, had my head in meetings and paperwork for a couple of days, surfacing into Storm Alex - it's wet and windy out there in Somerset and due to get worse!

Forgot my morning Lantus yesterday,usually take it between about 10 & 11 am, realised at 4pm, bgs going high. Took half a dose, knocked a couple of units off my evening dose at 11pm and woke on 5.5 - success! Hope you all have a good day and if you're down south you survive the storm and up north survive all the new Covid rules. What a year we're having.

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all, hope everyone’s well and keeping dry in these showers! Good for the garden I guess! I had my hba1c results today, and it’s my worst result in 4 years....feeling really despondent. Been on insulin since March, feel like I’m not doing very well at this whole carb counting, dosing, daily diabetes constant thing! Argh!
It’s 72...higher than I thought it be, although know had lots high readings lately.
Hope everyone else is finding control ok during these tricky times of late.

Reactions: karen8967

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. It is very dark, raining heavily and cold. Have just heard heating kick in. Flu jab at 8:15, Grandson at 10 for a couple of hours. Then homemade paella, wine and a good book. Have a good weekend.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yippee again! The handyman has been here everyday, sometimes for just a few hours, but everyday! But the shelving is done, painting in both rooms is done, lights in both rooms, It just needs the hole where the old light was sanded and painted. My kitchen has a new doorway, it just needs another mud coat and sanding. I love the new door, a quicker way to get into the kitchen from the entry, lets in tons more of extra light and there is no getting trapped at the end of the kitchen by the refrigerator anymore!!!! And we can open the freezer door all the way.

That sounds weird, but when we bought the house the refrigerator came with the house and barely fits............which means it was up against the wall, which means when you tried to open the freezer door it hit the wall and wouldn't open all the way. We didn't spot it until the walk through and we pointed it out and her reply was it's never been a problem...................right. But we wanted the house and figured we would do something with the wall.

I am so happy for the door!!! But now the downside is everyone can see my kitchen counter from the front door lol.............so I am either going to keep stuff for convenience and it looks messy or try to remove some stuff and I have a feeling convenience will win out. We did put a blind up for the window so it now is covered when we want. But I kind of like the light coming in during the day.

One of these days I might move the front door over lol...................

Last edited:

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Flu jab done. Military operation in place in and out in 2 minutes. Best experience ever.
Same had mine 2 weeks ago, never seen it as efficient! No waiting, no others and out within what felt like seconds. ☺️
Hopefully it stays like that for all future flu clinics. Brilliant you had a good speedy experience too.

Reactions: SueJB

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning Karen, good morning all. Have as cheerful Monday as you can.
If you want a laugh imagine this. It really happened. I got stuck in the bath on Saturday night. It’s a high sided bath with curved ends, a design indulgence when we redid the bathroom about fifteen years ago. It has a slippery base, and a tap in the middle of one side. Even when my left knee was getting bad I had a method for exiting it. But. On Saturday night I realised my left knee has deteriorated and the usual moves were impossible.
I’ve been told not to kneel on the new knee.
A bath’s a treat. I usually shower.
A bath’s a time to lie back and lazily indulge in hot water luxury.
On Saturday I tried everything to get out and eventually called for husband to help. Husband has screws holding the tendons in place on his left arm. You get the picture. I thought I’d be there til the paramedics arrived with a crane. Has @LooperCat ever been called to an older woman who’s laughing hysterically in the bath while her watlaa shouts to her that it’s time to do something about her blood sugars too? I thought I’d need to ask husband to bring in a quilt and a pillow so I’d be comfortable during the night.
Eventually we found a roll of bath mat designed for those who can’t cope with slippery baths and I got out.
I’ll be selling the film rights.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It’s been a weekend of daftness all round here. Yesterday morning, the day after the laughing bath incident, I picked the Fiasp pen from the Frio instead of the Levemir one. They’re different colours so if my eye and mind had been on the pens and not the goings on across the pond I’d have noticed. I’d already injected for breakfast when I stuck in 10 more units of Fiasp. Headed down to the kitchen and weighed out 100g cake. Thought of knikki as I ate it and tried hard not to say bleurgh too loudly as the last bit of sickly sweetness hit my palate. But bleurgh. Cake’s not longer a treat, not the kind of cake husband likes and buys.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Karen, good morning all. Have as cheerful Monday as you can.
If you want a laugh imagine this. It really happened. I got stuck in the bath on Saturday night. It’s a high sided bath with curved ends, a design indulgence when we redid the bathroom about fifteen years ago. It has a slippery base, and a tap in the middle of one side. Even when my left knee was getting bad I had a method for exiting it. But. On Saturday night I realised my left knee has deteriorated and the usual moves were impossible.
I’ve been told not to kneel on the new knee.
A bath’s a treat. I usually shower.
A bath’s a time to lie back and lazily indulge in hot water luxury.
On Saturday I tried everything to get out and eventually called for husband to help. Husband has screws holding the tendons in place on his left arm. You get the picture. I thought I’d be there til the paramedics arrived with a crane. Has @LooperCat ever been called to an older woman who’s laughing hysterically in the bath while her watlaa shouts to her that it’s time to do something about her blood sugars too? I thought I’d need to ask husband to bring in a quilt and a pillow so I’d be comfortable during the night.
Eventually we found a roll of bath mat designed for those who can’t cope with slippery baths and I got out.
I’ll be selling the film rights.

Wow, what a pullava..! Do you wear your Wattlaa in the bath?
I take mine off with the MM on the armband whilst bathing. When dry I shove the band back on then the watch might rattle where I left it on my wife's jewlwery box thing..
Lol, somtimes the phone kicks off in the other room too.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wow, what a pullava..! Do you wear your Wattlaa in the bath?
I take mine off with the MM on the armband whilst bathing. When dry I shove the band back on then the watch might rattle where I left it on my wife's jewlwery box thing..
Lol, somtimes the phone kicks off in the other room too.
No, I try not to let my watlaa get wet, it sits on a dry surface near the bath so I don’t have to ask it to find the mm again. I cover the mm and sensor with KT tape which keeps it dry and prevents it being knocked off. If the tape gets a bit less sticky before the 14 days are up I stick another bit of KT on.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh no Fairygodmother, what a going on. Am glad you didn't have to call anybody else, and also that you don't live alone.
It's so easy when your minds distracted to use the wrong pen, or forget if you've injected etc. I've been on autopilot taking tablets, and then can't remember taking them. Glad it all worked out ok in the end.
Hope you have a better week.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, I try not to let my watlaa get wet, it sits on a dry surface near the bath so I don’t have to ask it to find the mm again. I cover the mm and sensor with KT tape which keeps it dry and prevents it being knocked off. If the tape gets a bit less sticky before the 14 days are up I stick another bit of KT on.

I find if I remove the two & place together, when I put the MM back on the watch retrieves the missing data straight away.. (For the duration I was bathing. About 20/25 minutes)

Lol, I started a new sensor a couple of days ago. Found myself doing some video editing at the time, all the blue toothy stuff seemed to play havock briefly with my wireless keyboard & mouse.. :wacky:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had phone consult with my consultant. All went well. Libre 2 is on the way guys and he seems to think we will just be swapped over.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That’s fantastic @becca59. My Consultant said this too, but I confess I’ve become so used to the miaomiao/watlaa setup that I’m really really hoping that watlaa develops a Libre2 update so I can go on with the standalone alarm giver and charts on my wrist

Reactions: Marie 2