Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
There is 6oz of sugar in the CX cake and icing on the top
It's ours yum yum.
Sorry couldn't resist letting you look

Look at the 'crack' on that! Mary Berry would be proud. Can you tell I've been watching the bake-off?

Looks lovely LouLou, I'm sure your church group will really appreciate it.
GC

Reactions: 4 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Morning everyone, I was pleasantly surprised with my 5•6 this morning.
I decided to have a break from diabetes this weekend, we've had a few days in Stratford upon Avon because I had tickets for the Battle Proms at Ragley hall. I've not tested or watched my diet at all and I have had lots of lovely real ale, it has been a very enjoyable weekend. Back to reality this morning.

Reactions: 17 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10'4 It just ain't fair ,why can't my liver just have a lie in !!!
CAROL

Reactions: 13 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
So so annoying. Had a fitful sleep last night and a fasting BS numbers of 6.2 this am. Now I am annoyed.

My upper traps, neck and top of shoulder muscles are so sore yesterday and today, rarely are they engaged for action as much as they did on Sat.... next time I am doing some stretches after trampolining.

Reactions: 12 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.4 for me this morning. Just got back from another fairly fruitless hospital appointment.

New outpatients department I hadn't been to before.

£2.50 minimum parking charge - up to 2 hrs - and you have to enter your registration number so you can't even pass it on to someone when you emerge 20 minutes later. Grrr - that's just not Yorkshire.

Sign in on a screen, get sent to downstairs waiting area, as soon as you arrive another screen tells you to go to the second floor waiting area, which is back where you've just come from plus a bit, lift to second floor, sign again to another screen. Get weighed.

Then wait.....

Until finally you are told " well you had a slightly elevated level last time, and this time it is still elevated, but better than it was, almost certainly nothing to worry about, but come back again in about 8 months after giving yet another armful of blood".

At least I got to add a vitamin B12 test to the next one.....

Reactions: 14 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sign in on a screen, get sent to downstairs waiting area, as soon as you arrive another screen tells you to go to the second floor waiting area, which is back where you've just come from plus a bit, lift to second floor, sign again to another screen. Get weighed.

Enforced exercise for all diabetics?? 5.8 FBG this morning, which is fairly high for me at the moment - maybe because I was up earlier than I have been of late?

Reactions: 11 people

katyb42

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning Day 51 of ND no weight loss this week but inch loss if that makes sense. 5 days to go for now,then a week to get into some more normal eating gradually before holiday.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this am. only up 6 times during the night doing the rocky horror cramp dance and the bathroom dash.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 this am. only up 6 times during the night doing the rocky horror cramp dance and the bathroom dash.
Like the sugar level but not the cramp, its horrible especially at night. I am on quinine 300mg tablets at night for cramp and muscle spasm. Have you tried a heat pack eg wheat bag? Superdrug sell them all year round or drink tonic water.
Cramp can also by a sign of dehydration or unbalanced electrolytes.
Sorry for the long post hope it helps

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.8 this morning after been up coughing a lot got Phsyio this afternoon. So going back to bed for an hour or so.

Reactions: 13 people

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning. Seems to be I can only get below 7 if I don't eat after lunchtime the day before :(

Reactions: 15 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Reactions: 9 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning, a 5.2 this morning after recording a 4.9 pre bed. Evidently the liver thingie is taking a day off this AM

Reactions: 14 people