Type 2 Life

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I'm hoping to start posting regular readings again but only want to post in one place where I can ask for help if necessary. My readings have been between 4.9 and 6.1 while not posting. I've missed you all but I got so stressed with losing the thread I'd been using for weeks.

Reactions: 14 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this am -aaaagggh!
went for a run, had a shower - now 4.8 so breakfast - well a bit of cheese really.
Doctor just phoned HbA1c now 5.3 so off to the pub to get wellied.

Reactions: 10 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi [USER=181310 said:
@Hiitsme[/USER], post: 924513, member: 181310"]5.3 this morning. I'm hoping to start posting regular readings again but only want to post in one place where I can ask for help if necessary. My readings have been between 4.9 and 6.1 while not posting. I've missed you all but I got so stressed with losing the thread I'd been using for weeks.

Hi @Hiitsme. It's ok to post your readings on this thread every morning. Many forum members who used to post on the old FBG thread do so here. There's also a new Type 2 FBG thread purely for recording your numbers. You can find it here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...lucose-in-a-morning.81585/page-19#post-924629 To ensure the new FBG thread doesn't get derailed, many forum members post just their FBG on that thread, but post on this thread too so they can add any other information they want to, or/and ask for advice, support...whatever. This thread allows the members a wider topic range. There's no reason why the threads can't run alongside quite successfully. So, why don't you use both threads for now & it won't be long before you feel much more at home. Good luck & take care hun. AJ. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning folks. BG steady at 5.1 fasting today. Can't complain about that. It's not a bad day in Newcastle. We've even got some sunshine. When I was much younger, I'd look upon a warm, sunny day & think "hells bells, this is TOO good to miss" and grab a few mates n head to the beach. Now, I think "woo hoo..I can get my washing hung out on the line." I'm old!!! Shoot me now. :oops: Have a good one folks, whatever it is you're getting up to. X

image-jpg.14992

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Hitsme. It's ok to post your readings on this thread every morning. Many forum members who used to post on the old FBG thread do so here. There's also a new Type 2 FBG thread purely for recording your numbers. You can find it here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...lucose-in-a-morning.81585/page-19#post-924629 To ensure the new FBG doesn't get derailed, many forum members post just their FBG on that thread, but post on this thread too so they can add any other information they want to, or/and ask for advice, support...whatever. This thread allows the members a wider topic range. There's no reason why the threads can't run alongside quite successfully. So, why don't you use both threads for now & it won't be long before you feel much more at home. Good luck & take care hun. AJ. X
Sorry then I think this forum where I've learnt so much and had so much support is no longer for me. I don't understand what had happened and even threads I had posted on seem to have been deleted. It's now too complicated for me. I don't like the thought that replies are being deleted which is what is still happening on the fasting blood sugar thread. So many members who I have learnt from in the past don't seem to be posting on here. I have so much I still need to learn even if I have made progress. Sorry.

Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sorry then I think this forum where I've learnt so much and had so much support is no longer for me. I don't understand what had happened and even threads I had posted on seem to have been deleted. It's now too complicated for me. I don't like the thought that replies are being deleted which is what is still happening on the fasting blood sugar thread. So many members who I have learnt from in the past don't seem to be posting on here. I have so much I still need to learn even if I have made progress. Sorry.

Would you mind if I sent you a PM @Hiitsme. X

Reactions: 2 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this am -aaaagggh!
went for a run, had a shower - now 4.8 so breakfast - well a bit of cheese really.
Doctor just phoned HbA1c now 5.3 so off to the pub to get wellied.

Well done! Have a boots measure for me too - I'm off to boogie on the treadmill, dreaming of a 4.8 success reading :meh:

Reactions: 7 people

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I'm hoping to start posting regular readings again but only want to post in one place where I can ask for help if necessary. My readings have been between 4.9 and 6.1 while not posting. I've missed you all but I got so stressed with losing the thread I'd been using for weeks.

Copy the link and keep it on your desktop then you will be able to click on it and come straight back to the thread. I know what you mean I'm always losing threads!

Reactions: 5 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Hiitsme. It's ok to post your readings on this thread every morning. Many forum members who used to post on the old FBG thread do so here. There's also a new Type 2 FBG thread purely for recording your numbers. You can find it here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...lucose-in-a-morning.81585/page-19#post-924629 To ensure the new FBG thread doesn't get derailed, many forum members post just their FBG on that thread, but post on this thread too so they can add any other information they want to, or/and ask for advice, support...whatever. This thread allows the members a wider topic range. There's no reason why the threads can't run alongside quite successfully. So, why don't you use both threads for now & it won't be long before you feel much more at home. Good luck & take care hun. AJ. X
Thanks for this explanation, @Alisonjane10 ! This all must have happened whilst I was on holiday and not posting my FBGs, and I thought the old thread was full and a new created as a continuation, so I just re-started posting on the pinned thread. Discovering this thread confused me! So this is more for chatting, then, and the other one is strictly for numbers? BTW, this morning 6.6 but also some mild fever.

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning, up early for the GCSE results. Lost another couple of pounds too, everything's looking good today :)

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
5.1 this morning, up early for the GCSE results. Lost another couple of pounds too, everything's looking good today :)

Blooming heck @Alzebra. You're doing amazing. I'm delighted for you. It won't be long before you'll be slipping between the gaps in the pavement coz you're so skinny. Well done you. :D

image.jpg

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 this morning back to work I go. Got next week off from CRUK because I am doing holiday bible club at church

Reactions: 11 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this am. Out last night; 3 courses as well as wine and a glass of port so happy with that.

Reactions: 13 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
4.5 today.

Off to Greenwich in a bit as youngest has orthodontist.

He's lucky he has any teeth at all after texting me fake GCSE results. Luckily the real ones, whilst not brilliant because hes a lazy git were better.

Reactions: 15 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. No idea why as I've been in the low 5's all week.

I had a batch of test strips that took me out of the 5 range into the high 6's. Tried a different box and back to 5 range I went. I've recently bought an accu-check mobile my morning reading today is 6.2 then I tested with an accu-check Aviva test strip my morning reading today 5.8.

I've read there can be a 20% margin of error with glucose monitors, taking that into account, I'm not too concerned if my readings float between the 5's and low 6's. It must be a nightmare for people who need accuracy to work out how much insulin to take.

Reactions: 10 people