Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.3 for me again this morning, its getting a bit boring......

Reactions: 10 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning All. @Alisonjane10 hope your headache is better. After waking up at 3am, bright as a button, cup of tea BS reading 6.2 - made 2 x loaves Paleo & Blueberry bread went back to bed at 5.30am - out for the count, woke up 9.30am feeling like total train wreck :***: BS reading 5,2

Oh dear @photognut. Sounds pretty **** hideous. When you least expect it, this disease can jump up, bite your butt & remind you who's boss. Aarrrrgh! :arghh: On the positive side...when you're up to it, you have some gorgeous fresh blueberry bread to tickle the tastebuds. ;) And, if you're ever in Newcastle, bright as a button at 3am, please feel free to drop by and do some baking pour moi. :hungry:

Seriously though hun, I hope you feel better very soon. Have a lie down, keep hydrated, light diet & take it easy today. X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yup...ain't that the truth. "Salut" to old comrades no longer around. You made this disease easier to bear with your wisdom & fun. I thank you. X
شكرا
אַ דאַנק
謝謝

תודה

I just want everyone back, like it was on the old thread :bigtears: I've had to give up most of my comfort foods, the camaraderie on this forum is hugely important to me and I miss people.

Reactions: 14 people

Merrylizard1314

Me too. It was so good to see @Baruney's welcome avatar again! So, onwards into inkyness.
This morning, 4.7mmol/L and 1.1 ketones. Still feeling well and full of energy.
Sorry you are having headaches still, AJ, what used to help me a bit, in the past, was having a hot shower, or washing my head in the laundry sink - don't know why that helped, but it did!
Feel better soon.

Reactions: 9 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Me too. It was so good to see @Baruney's welcome avatar again! So, onwards into inkyness.
This morning, 4.7mmol/L and 1.1 ketones. Still feeling well and full of energy.
Sorry you are having headaches still, AJ, what used to help me a bit, in the past, was having a hot shower, or washing my head in the laundry sink - don't know why that helped, but it did!
Feel better soon.

Lol @Merrylizard1314. That mental image is making me laugh. You Aussies are a weird bunch! ;) Actually, the head hasn't been too bad today. I've upped my water intake & have reduced the carbs. No real change to my BG, but those little tweaks have helped the head. Was ready to knock myself out with some superstrong painkillers at one point. Thankfully, I just fell asleep instead. Woke up feeling brighter I'm glad to say. X

Right...I'm off to dunk my head in the laundry sink! :happy:

image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning, feel like Ive been hit by a bus. FBG 5.6

Awwww hun. What's going on @4ratbags? Your FBG is good, so what's making you feel like this? You're usually so chipper. X

Reactions: 3 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey AJ10 I can usually look on the bright side in almost every situation but my BS went low all of a sudden yesterday afternoon, it even affected my ability to drive which has never happened before. No matter what I ate it wouldnt stay up and when I woke up this morning it just felt like the worst hangover of my life and still does 4 hrs later. I think I may be getting a cold which may be contributing to it though. Heres hoping for a more stable day. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
A bit higher at 5.7 this morning. That'll be the late curry I had. It wasnr even that nice.

Reactions: 6 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just want everyone back, like it was on the old thread :bigtears: I've had to give up most of my comfort foods, the camaraderie on this forum is hugely important to me and I miss people.
So do I but I am going to try to make the most of this thread now and hope people come back

Reactions: 7 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 which is probably my lowest morning fasting reading though I have had lower during the day.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Alisonjane10. Ive lost about 29kgs so far and I have reduced my Hb from 100 down to 34 so what you state about the body becoming better at utilising the insulin ędefinately makes sense. I came off all my medication in Jan as I found my BS was constantly dropping to 3.6. It was happening every other day, even from simply running inside to answer the phone. I realise that as a Type 2 they arent dangerous but they are still horrible. Since stopping my meds I can now walk full speed again and I rarely have issues with low BS anymore and if I do I know how to remedy it rather quickly now as Im like you and I have little containers with jelly beans and nuts all over the place. I have in the past gone as low as 2.9 and funnily enough felt fine. I appreciate your advice and thanks for the hug.

Reactions: 12 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear @photognut. Sounds pretty **** hideous. When you least expect it, this disease can jump up, bite your butt & remind you who's boss. Aarrrrgh! :arghh: On the positive side...when you're up to it, you have some gorgeous fresh blueberry bread to tickle the tastebuds. ;) And, if you're ever in Newcastle, bright as a button at 3am, please feel free to drop by and do some baking pour moi. :hungry:

Seriously though hun, I hope you feel better very soon. Have a lie down, keep hydrated, light diet & take it easy today. X

Thanks x it's so annoying when the insomnia strikes. Glad to read your headache has improved :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning (apart from the rain) 5.6 today plus 3 llbs lost. Had to repeat the weighing in the kitchen so the wife could witness it

Reactions: 10 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
  • 5.8 this morning - what a foul miserable day outside. We were meant to be going to Buckham Fair with friends, all of us have decided to be a bunch of wusses, unanimously agreeing - next year, Martin Clunes ;)

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.1 and another couple of pounds melted away :joyful:

This weekend I've completed a set of trials into the effects of sirloin steak on my BG and am ecstatic to report a complete success - now if I can just convince the NHS to pay for this 'treatment'! (I serve it with savoy cabbage cooked with onion, bacon and lots of butter, it's divine)

Reactions: 11 people