Type 2 Life

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning (around 8:30) it was 6.6, which is sort of normal for me on late mornings. I think my liver kicks in around 7 am if I haven't had any food... I also had a lovely 3 course meal last night, with French cheeses instead of a sweet dessert, and a large glass of red wine. :D

Reactions: 10 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I'm hoping to start posting regular readings again but only want to post in one place where I can ask for help if necessary. My readings have been between 4.9 and 6.1 while not posting. I've missed you all but I got so stressed with losing the thread I'd been using for weeks.

I feel you, it feels really fractured now, where to post. Maybe I could start a thread on that??? Lol. (Don't worry I wont)
This one feels good for the allowed random musings of Type2 life, I like that.

GC

Reactions: 9 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today, pleased with that. Now to have my breakfast of fat and chocolate essentially. :p

Edited to add I have been up for hours, just not hungry and my pre-meal is 5.1 so things seem to be gelling this morn for some mystic reason beyond me....

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.3 for me today which is nicely within what seems to be my "normal" range.

I'm kind of thinking if I can take a few liberties and still keep it around here things should be fine, right?

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Well, 2 hours after breakfast of 3 toast (weightwatchers brown Danish, only 9 g of carb a slice) and 2 coffees I was only 4.9. Happy days.

Sometimes, just sometimes, rushing around like a blue ***** fly works.

Reactions: 8 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. No idea why as I've been in the low 5's all week.

Well I was just 6.2 a few minutes ago.

Only had scrambled eggs and tesco finest chipolatas plus a mushroom for breakfast about 4 hours ago.

This is strange, I'm normally in the 4's around this time of day.

Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
This morning (around 8:30) it was 6.6, which is sort of normal for me on late mornings. I think my liver kicks in around 7 am if I haven't had any food... I also had a lovely 3 course meal last night, with French cheeses instead of a sweet dessert, and a large glass of red wine. :D

Oooooh!! That sounds yummy @Larissima.

Had a banging headache most of today so far. FBG was 6.1 this morning..higher than usual, but it happens to us all now & then. Back down to 5.1 after brunch. Still got the **** headache though. It's doesn't half hurt. Anyway, have a lovely Friday everyone. Best wishes & good health. X

PS: I miss the old T2 thread. Well, not the actual thread....the people who gave it that feeling of camaraderie.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Yes, I have noticed a lot of duplicate FBGs from the other thread. I kinda am in the habit of posting on that but maybe people should take a decision on which thread is best.

Reactions: 4 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Alison sorry about your head ache ,are you drinking enough water ? dehydration can cause headaches
CAROL

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi Alison sorry about your head ache ,are you drinking enough water ? dehydration can cause headaches
CAROL

Hi Carol.
I probably should drink more...especially plain water. But I don't think my headaches are caused by dehydration. It certainly won't do me any harm to get another litre down me throughout the day, and it may very well help. Thank you for your kind thoughtfulness. AJ. X :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi Carol.
I probably should drink more...especially plain water. But I don't think my headaches are caused by dehydration. It certainly won't do me any harm to get another litre down me throughout the day, and it may very well help. Thank you for your kind thoughtfulness. AJ. X :)
Tried vodka ? Lmao....

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Morning. 4.7 this morning. Just chilling watching the Andy Williams Show from BBC 4 last night.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I'm hoping to start posting regular readings again but only want to post in one place where I can ask for help if necessary. My readings have been between 4.9 and 6.1 while not posting. I've missed you all but I got so stressed with losing the thread I'd been using for weeks.
Yep. Hungry and homeless too.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning folks. BG steady at 5.1 fasting today. Can't complain about that. It's not a bad day in Newcastle. We've even got some sunshine. When I was much younger, I'd look upon a warm, sunny day & think "hells bells, this is TOO good to miss" and grab a few mates n head to the beach. Now, I think "woo hoo..I can get my washing hung out on the line." I'm old!!! Shoot me now. :oops: Have a good one folks, whatever it is you're getting up to. X

image-jpg.14992

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 which I'm happy with. I do want to be able to have help to keep it under about 5.5

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yep. Hungry and homeless too.

Yup...ain't that the truth. "Salut" to old comrades no longer around. You made this disease easier to bear with your wisdom & fun. I thank you. X
شكرا
אַ דאַנק
謝謝

תודה

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. @Alisonjane10 hope your headache is better. After waking up at 3am, bright as a button, cup of tea BS reading 6.2 - made 2 x loaves Paleo & Blueberry bread went back to bed at 5.30am - out for the count, woke up 9.30am feeling like total train wreck :***: BS reading 5,2

Reactions: 7 people