ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Off for a swim at 9.30am. Hopefully our nearest pool hasnt got a gala on.
Fbg was high but working on it already.
Hope everyone has a brilliant day whatever their plans. :joyful::)

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Those who enquire about @loulou99782 . She has had a set back and has been back in hospital for 7 days. She has new meds to take for asthma and hayfever so is hoping she'll be bouncing back. Her bgs are unstable but she is working on them too. :)
Thanks for letting us know Vicky, let her know we're all thinking about her

Reactions: 3 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
3 days now since stopping Dapagliflozin and fasting blood sugars gone from being in the 5's into the 7's now. Increased Insulin 3 days ago to 44 units a day and still taking the 4 x 500mg Metformin. @ickihun - hope your swim Vicky helped in lowering your blood sugars. :)And how is @mo53 today with your back? :)@13lizanne hope You, Hubby and Son No.3 all had a fab time at the beach today. :)Oh, and Vicky do give @loulou99782 my ' Get Well Wishes'.:) And @Diamum5972 hope you have a good day too:) Also hope @tina_marie and @eldergarth are both well.:) If I have missed anyone else by name? Hope everyone is well today:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I have had been such a silly billy today. I consumed 7 hash browns fried in sunflower oil and two mugs of Red Mountain coffee with 2 sugars and Coffeemate. A little time after that my bg was 11.1. Very bad.
It's OK Johnny, don't worry about it. You have more to deal with than most of us here so it's understandable that you would have an occasional slip up. If I have a bad reading or two I concentrate on my average reading, for example this week my average reading has been 6.9 even though I have had some high fasting readings.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm so glad @ickihun was able to get in touch with @loulou99782 . It seems such a long time since she posted. I hope you will pass on my best wishes too next time you are in touch.

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
I'm so happy and exhilarated! My blood glucose reading, just now, at 11:32 am, was 4.7! I mustn't be a silly billy again and eat too many carbs and stick to the Sweetex in my coffee and tea and drink plenty of tap water.

Reactions: 11 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

I've borrowed my laptop for a little while :rolleyes:, grandson watching footie with his Bampy (who is watching through his closed eyelids).
@liam1955, let's hope your readings level out at something you are happy with. Have you got your 'I'M BEING GOOD' hat on today after eating a sliver of your Lace Cake?

@mo53 & @tina_marie, I hope you both recover and get some relief with your backs very soon.
To anyone else not feeling up to par my best wishes.

I'm going to bingo tonight with my best friend. I don't have to worry about saying what I can or can't eat & drink because her mother was Type 2 and her son is Type 1. All I have to do is keep my fingers crossed that she picks the winning books, (she never does though :()

Enjoy the rest of the day :) xx

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi everyone,

I've borrowed my laptop for a little while :rolleyes:, grandson watching footie with his Bampy (who is watching through his closed eyelids).
@liam1955, let's hope your readings level out at something you are happy with. Have you got your 'I'M BEING GOOD' hat on today after eating a sliver of your Lace Cake?

@mo53 & @tina_marie, I hope you both recover and get some relief with your backs very soon.
To anyone else not feeling up to par my best wishes.

I'm going to bingo tonight with my best friend. I don't have to worry about saying what I can or can't eat & drink because her mother was Type 2 and her son is Type 1. All I have to do is keep my fingers crossed that she picks the winning books, (she never does though :()

Enjoy the rest of the day :) xx
I'm sending you luck for the bingo. My mum won £20, 000 in november. It might be your turn?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thoroughly enjoyed my swim. Our leisure centre is selling protein bars now. £2.30 each.
Silly me forgot to take tablets. I didn't realise until sugar was high after swim.
Still a bit high but have to take my insulin yet.
I stopped my insulin for 2 days to reset my routine. Going well so far.
Seeing dn wednesday. I think I'm in for a rollicking. :(

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning chaps a very wet And rainly rural kent here.

Just tested at 7.1 so my liver is still there, still working And doing what it should.....got to love that liver :)

Housework morning today, followed by trip to opticions to collect my new Varifocals Husband And I will drop into THE spa for a swim And a warm in the sauna on the way back home.

Hope you all have a good one.

Reactions: 4 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Back to work tomorrow unless we have another problem like last night

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
My Blood Glucose Reading was 6.9 this morning after I administered orally my 1000 mg Metformin and my ADHD medication and anti-hypertensive medications and anti-urinary retention capsule. I feel like an irresponsible jerk because I dozed off for the night last night and forgot to take my ADHD medication and anti-hypercholesterolaemia tablets for last night.

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good morning @johnnybaker45 that's a better fbg reading this morning, and you took your medication so I hope that you will have a healthy, happy day today

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
What happened last night Tina ?
Rons legs went again. We were sat watching telly and when he went to stand up he had no feeling in his legs but his hip was hurting and has been all week. He's ok now but he wouldn't go to hospital. STUBBORN I know

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Rons legs went again. We were sat watching telly and when he went to stand up he had no feeling in his legs but his hip was hurting and has been all week. He's ok now but he wouldn't go to hospital. STUBBORN I know
What did hid GP say when it happened last time @tina_marie ?
He should be visiting his gp on these occasions for help. Hospital will only do emergency help and push you back to gp. If not life threatening, that is!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 am
No walk last night, sort of ran out of time, one the afternoon before the footie.
Weigh day today, every 14 days
70 kg
The trend is still downwards but very gently, was 72kg last July.
Lovely and bright.
Off for a soak in bath as woke up a bit early for a sunday, 05:30, as cramps in calf and bad dreams about human trafficking..
Slow roast shoulder of pork tonight.
Good Sunday to all.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all, I'm a lot happier today - my fbg is back down to 6.8 yay! It's been in the 7s the last few days but a good few low carb days have paid off. I'm going to my mums today, hope everyone has a good day

Reactions: 6 people