ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still pi**ed off and in pain. These blooming antibiotics better start to shift this. Grr :mad::(
It takes me 4 days before any antibiotic works on me! How many days have you been taking them for now? surely it should kick-in soon?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Jordi77 - so you are following the LCHF Diet ? Which a lot of forum members do.:)

S

Sable_Jan

Sorry to hear that Ron, we're all hoping that you will get some relief from the pain soon. Will they give you medication for the arthritis and better pain killers now, do you think? I hope so. You've had enough to bear as it is
Alas no meds for arthritis, just painkillers then hip replacement. Both mine have been done. Think I was 49 & 51 when they were done, no, tell a lie I was driving when I had both done so in my early 50s for both.

Reactions: 2 people

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You don't need to feel silly when you are having a hypo outside as I just close everything off and that is what you need to do doesn't matter if anyone is watching you

S

Sable_Jan

Thanks for this lizanne

Can I just say that this forum is a blessing a real tonic when you feel a bit low lots of friendly well meaning folk with oodles of good advice and support always someone on here who is a good laugh were all in the same boat HMS Diabetes and I'm delighted to be part of the crew
Aye aye cap'n. Heave-ho me hearties...... Ooh just had a thought, Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean......

Reactions: 7 people

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I go by if I fancy it I eat it which is normally as I lost about 8 stone in 8 year's so I have to put some back on to bring me back to my proper weight for my height as I used to weigh 21 stone before I lost the weight so I am a lot slimmer than I am used to be

S

Sable_Jan

I have the GlucoRX...freebie from the GP together with strips and lancets on prescription.

But....just been told " you're doing so well, I'm taking you off prescriptions for strips etc"....oh thanks Doc...haha :)

So I've just bought a Code Free off amazon which has the cheapest strips on the market. But here's my big BUT....

... Every reading is exactly 1mmol higher than my GlucoRX. I'm
Testing both concurrently...so what's that all about folks?:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.
Heard this a lot but the main thi g is, if it's consistent then you can still see your spike between pre & post...(they ARE still within the tolerance range for bg meter readings...so I believe from previous discussion) my meter is a USB Contour Next

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I go by if I fancy it I eat it which is normally as I lost about 8 stone in 8 year's so I have to put some back on to bring me back to my proper weight for my height as I used to weigh 21 stone before I lost the weight so I am a lot slimmer than I am used to be
How did you lose your weight @Jordi77 ?

S

Sable_Jan

I was so naughty and I feel I confounded my impeccable blood glucose reading this morning at 7:20 ante meridian. At 9:16 ante meridian I consumed a very high-carb breakfast of 2 large hard-boiled egg sandwiches, halved diaganolly. It comprised 4 slices of Kingsmill white medium sliced bread, 3 eggs and a sprinkling of salt. My blood glucose reading two hours afterwards, at 11:16 ante meridian was 11.5 and then I hydrated myself with tap water, approximately 4-5 glasses full, and took my blood glucose again at 12:25 post meridian and it was 9.7. Silly me.
Try whole grain and/seeded breads if you really can't resist the butties. I do however see a positive in you post. Only 4 slices and not 6 and eggs, not chips. Much improved from those chip butties of last week!!

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was put on victoza which is a injection and I never had any of the effects and it makes you feel full and I was only eating small meals and I was on it for a year and taken off it as I lost the remaining weight due to it so now I am on the see food diet and I am still slim and at the right weight just at the lost appointment

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

I use a bayer contour next usb meter as I have used all the rest of the meters and this one is more accurate and I got it free from Bayer you get 25 test strips and 25 lancets and it has a rechargeable battery inside it and you can order the plug for it and you get everything else off the Internet that you need and the battery life is around 6 months or so with a memory of 2000 tests and you can log insulin and carbs with it as well and you can even do night testing with the night light that is built in
Don't know how long my battery lasts per charge but does seem to last well. It's 2 years old and going strong

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Some people have had the bad symptoms off the victoza and it can make you feel sick and dizzy and a few others and is only given in the last resort effort by the diabetes doctor as my sugars were always high and my hbA1c was high so that is why I was on it and it is still a little high but my sugars are normal so they don't know why but that's life

S

Sable_Jan

@Jordi77 - That is the very same meter that I used to use, before switching to the 'freebie' one my GP Practise issued me. Can I ask what you pay for the test strips & Lancets for the contour next usb. :cat:
Forme (same meter) by buying on eBay I pay £8-£10 per tub of 50 strips. Reuse my lancets so don't buy often

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It is a good blood meter as I send my results over via email to my dsn so they know what my results are

Reactions: 4 people

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I get mine on repeat prescription and get it via my medical exception certificate as you should get one for your insulin and needles if you use them but that is how I get mine and you will get one if you are using medication for your diabetes all you need to do is ask the pharmacy for a form and fill it in and give it to your doctor to do the rest and they will send it off and you will get it in a week or two and you won't need to buy them

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just go to your pharmacy and ask for a medical exception certificate form and fill it in and give it to your doctor or reception at your doctor's and they will send it off for you and you will get it in a week or two and you will not need to buy them again ever I hope

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Some people have had the bad symptoms off the victoza and it can make you feel sick and dizzy and a few others and is only given in the last resort effort by the diabetes doctor as my sugars were always high and my hbA1c was high so that is why I was on it and it is still a little high but my sugars are normal so they don't know why but that's life
I took Victoza but I was ill on it. No change to bgs. At all.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was okay on it and It brought my sugars down and weight as that is what it is for but for your weight mainly so that you lose it but it helped me as it brought my sugars down as well as I know that you can get sickness off it but that's just one of the symptoms of it and they can give you a tablet to help you with that , I know some people that took it and wouldn't go on it again in a hurry