Type 2 Life

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
bit brighter now, but no chance of wearing out the:cool: 25 min walk about and BG is 5.4, so something is going my way :)

Reactions: 4 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Had my annual eye screening today everything is extremely bright :watching: for first time in a long while I could read the bottom line of the eye chart with both left and right eyes.

Reactions: 6 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. Don't know why but started feeling bit weird, checked my sugars 5.8 surprised so checked on another machine. 6.1 Confused.

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
@maureen5752 sorry to hear you feel strange. Since your bloods are good it looks like it's not the diabetes that's making you feel strange. It could be so very many things- have you been out in the hot sun, have you drunk enough fluids today, are your pain levels high and that's only a few things. If you still feel unwell or feel worse you could phone your out of hours providers?

S

Sable_Jan

bit brighter now, but no chance of wearing out the:cool: 25 min walk about and BG is 5.4, so something is going my way :)
Very overcast/dull here now but incredibly hot & humid ... Horrible. One of those days where if you shower you can't get dry cos you're sweating again soon as you get out....and I've made beef biryani for tea

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi everyone. Don't know why but started feeling bit weird, checked my sugars 5.8 surprised so checked on another machine. 6.1 Confused.
Small differences like that are within test tolerance. Could easily have been that much difference with same meter so nothing to worry about

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Can I just throw out a jumble of facts and quesestions and see if anyone can help me sort them through?
Briefly, I complained to the GP that Metformin was giving me massive tummy troubles and could I have the SR version. He took me off for three weeks while ruling out liver problems. In that time my weight has begun creeping up (not much, 12st 10 down to 12st 2, now up to 12st 5). Was it the wedding and the booze last weekend? Was it the coming off the Met? Am I not low-carbing enough? (I'd stalled at 12 st 2 for a month). Is there a "comfortable" weight for the body? (I've never ever dieted). Can I kick-start the weight-loss again? Will the new Met SR do it. (By the way, the runs have already started!).

Reactions: 2 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

As long as you aren't sprouting hair everywhere and gnashing your teeth I hope you will be fine

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Been hot and bright sunshine all day

It really does sap your energy

Good bloods today no readings in double figures

Reactions: 4 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maureen5752 sorry to hear you feel strange. Since your bloods are good it looks like it's not the diabetes that's making you feel strange. It could be so very many things- have you been out in the hot sun, have you drunk enough fluids today, are your pain levels high and that's only a few things. If you still feel unwell or feel worse you could phone your out of hours providers?
Hi no not been out, eating, drinking well, pain under control, no offence but to phone out of hours doctor would be waste of time! They'd just say if you feel unwell tomorrow get appiontment with doctor, I feel ok now but I as weird felt little shaky but 2 meters said different numbers, not a lot r of difference, if it said 5 then I would be weird can't get below 5, at 5 I go funny, maybe it's just the heat, see how my bgs are later. Thanks. Hope your well

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hi People, sorry I havent been around, been quite busy. Had a retinal screening on Tuesday, and contact lens fitting on Wednesday, so it's been a bit of an 'eyes' week. Screening looked okay, but will wait to see what the experts say. BS levels are running a bit high because of my complete intolerance of metformin. If I want to take one or two I just have to stay in, end of. @nomoredonuts has my sympathy. I have tried going without with just 100mg of canagliflozin, that has me bumping along in the 8s and 9s FBG. Got my HB1ac next week and the diabetic onceover the following week, hopefully we can sort this out, it would be so nice to have lovely blood sugar and not have to stay at home to get it. Canagliflozin seems to agree with me, wondering if I can get a higher dose.

Today took one canagliflozin, had breakfast, took BS at lunch, it was 5.2. I am going to test again before bedtime and see what transpires then.

Reactions: 3 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hi no not been out, eating, drinking well, pain under control, no offence but to phone out of hours doctor would be waste of time! They'd just say if you feel unwell tomorrow get appiontment with doctor, I feel ok now but I as weird felt little shaky but 2 meters said different numbers, not a lot r of difference, if it said 5 then I would be weird can't get below 5, at 5 I go funny, maybe it's just the heat, see how my bgs are later. Thanks. Hope your well

Might be the heat Maureen, I had wobbly legs yesterday after planting out onions in the sun. Not great with the sun, but it had to be done. Hope you are feeling better now, I went home and had a lot of water, that helped.

Reactions: 2 people