Type 2 Life

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wish me luck ladies, I am going in!

Where?

Later this morning I shall attempt the momentous task of painting my toe nails - not been done for many a year .... lush deep turquoise varnish beckons :woot:
Enjoy, they took 2 of my toe nails of years ago! Supposed to have done other foot but never heard back, thank god took ages to heal had infection, apparently I was diabetic then only I didn't know! I'd look great with 3 painted nails on one foot!! Go bold & paint each a different colour. Post pic

Reactions: 2 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening, FBG at 7 am was 8.0 mmol/l, probably the strawberries and cream I ate during the football (naughty) lol. Going to start trying out the lower carb recipes in the food and nutrition forum. First going to do some baking. I actually enjoy cooking and my mum way back made meals from scratch like we all should do. Where's the gang lately like @liam1955, @13lizanne, @doolallylady and @debrasue ? You are missed on Type 2 Life.

Yoohoo, I'm here.

This place has been like the Marie Celeste every time I've come in. I know I talk to myself all the time but I wasn't going to start on here as well, (rumours would start :hilarious: if they haven't already).

Hope everyone is doing well and behaving yourselves, like me :angelic:.

Anyone got a bacon slicer they don't want? I've got a body that could use it.

S

Sable_Jan

Enjoy, they took 2 of my toe nails of years ago! Supposed to have done other foot but never heard back, thank god took ages to heal had infection, apparently I was diabetic then only I didn't know! I'd look great with 3 painted nails on one foot!! Go bold & paint each a different colour. Post pic
False nails trimmed to fit?

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yoohoo, I'm here.

This place has been like the Marie Celeste every time I've come in. I know I talk to myself all the time but I wasn't going to start on here as well, (rumours would start :hilarious: if they haven't already).

Yoohoo, me tooooo....
Usually me talking to myself on here cos I seem to pop on when everyone else has said their piece
WHOSE body are you thinking of slicing but mmmmmm BACON....have that for dinner (lunch) tomo I think

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Yoohoo, I'm here.

Yoohoo:) ... I hear you. Been deadheading, lawns cutting, tidying up, parting with filthy lucre on new running shoes, clothes shopping with Yvonne now that I am just a strippling....so a poorer man today:) but as usual happy:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Good idea if I could bend & see them! Had new glasses but can't see a thing out of one lense & have to hold stuff about 18inch /2ft away! Phone is one of the worst probs. Going back Friday to moan
Had that problem with my glasses but cos they kept slipping. Got some of those rubber things to go behind ears. Gritted as they should be my specs were too close and kept steaming up but juggled into different position they're ok. Not going to Specsavers next time. Going back to Asda and one pair (cos the second pair doesn't end up being free plus being varifocal they aren't set exactly the same (though they should be) so have to readjust each time I change them over. I know I should've gone back, especially with what I paid but it was just so darned busy it was like being in a cattle market

S

Sable_Jan

Yoohoo:) ... I hear you. Been deadheading, lawns cutting, tidying up, parting with filthy lucre on new running shoes, clothes shopping with Yvonne now that I am just a strippling....so a poorer man today:) but as usual happy:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
A strippling stripped of cash too

Reactions: 8 people
D

debrasue

Yoohoo, I'm here.

Aaaargh!!! That mental picture is bringing tears to my eyes!
:nailbiting:

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had that problem with my glasses but cos they kept slipping. Got some of those rubber things to go behind ears. Gritted as they should be my specs were too close and kept steaming up but juggled into different position they're ok. Not going to Specsavers next time. Going back to Asda and one pair (cos the second pair doesn't end up being free plus being varifocal they aren't set exactly the same (though they should be) so have to readjust each time I change them over. I know I should've gone back, especially with what I paid but it was just so darned busy it was like being in a cattle market
I'm an idiot I've had problems for years got loads of glasses no good. I did moan but got no where, things are blurred in one lense & that's the better eye so sonata not right, they'll fob me of with some **** im sure. Have good evening

Reactions: 4 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know but I had to have distance glasses, reading & prescription sunglasses & it cost £150 to have distance lense thinned, pay for polarised £60 + anti glare. £30 (Just paid 90 for antiglare) my glasses were always in £125 range, killed me to pay, & I always had spare sets, see what happens Friday

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Yoohoo, I'm here.

Do we really have to behave?

... hello doolallylady :D

Reactions: 3 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yoohoo, me tooooo....
Usually me talking to myself on here cos I seem to pop on when everyone else has said their piece
WHOSE body are you thinking of slicing but mmmmmm BACON....have that for dinner (lunch) tomo I think

Mine, (it would be a throat if it was someone else), I've stayed at the same weight for a few weeks and I'm getting ticked off with it.
Now nobody get offended please, I usually say that the only way I'll lose weight is to have a leg amputated, but I didn't quite know how that would go down on here, simply because of the terrible complications other precious deebees have.

Just had bacon & sausage for my tea.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Lost the tiny piece of my specs that sits on your nose can't find it lol the metal stuff is digging into my nose

Trip to the opticians at weekend for repair work

Does anyone know the name of this small piece?