Type 2 Life

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hope you're feeling better @liam1955, get well soon. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope this infection clears up fast. Felt down last night and started having flashbacks to 2013 when I was rushed into the ICU and they put me into a coma for 4 weeks and stuck me on a ventilator. Very frightening time and don not want to go through that hellish experience again. I actually try and avoid hospitals at all costs and I know this is not a good attitude. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anybody got a low carb suggestion for dinner ? I am stuck. :)

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
How about my favourite fall back meal? 3 egg omelette with cheese, you can also shove in anything else handy e.g crispy bacon, onion, tomato etc.
Try not to think back @eddie1968 you'll get over this chest infection and be bouncing around real soon xx

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
How about my favourite fall back meal? 3 egg omelette with cheese, you can also shove in anything else handy e.g crispy bacon, onion, tomato etc.
Try not to think back @eddie1968 you'll get over this chest infection and be bouncing around real soon xx
Thanks lizanne, I've got eggs, bacon medalions and cheese so will give it a go. Not much preparation time in that. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I made two jars of pickled eggs the other day, 24 eggs in all. They will be ready in 4 weeks time, yummy. I put peppercorns and some dried chillie flakes in them. :)

Reactions: 4 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I'm ok just goosed
Can I have a hug too

Hope the folk on here suffering a wee bit of late get some relief
Hopefully Ron will get his next Friday . Big hug just for you.

Reactions: 7 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm ok just goosed
Can I have a hug too

Hope the folk on here suffering a wee bit of late get some relief
Yeh send me half your hug Cumberland, I've got cold, chesty cough, sneezing like mad, (sorry) runny nose from hay fever & ashma, can't sleep st night to hot, & (sorry) hot flushes all time, not from menopause, hair falling out loads, agsin, had this problem last year, told side effects of meds disrupt hormones! Great, oh to be normal again. Hope every ones well, @eddie1968, @liam1955 & anyone else not well, hope you get well very soon. Masses of hugs to you all

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hope things improve for you @liam1955 .
I'm sitting in my back garden with the lively 3yr old. With no signs of sleep in him.
Trying to wear him out.
9yr old has been promised a late night by his dad. So I'm babysitting, again. Partner is worn out fussy about anything and everything that a normal day brings. He knows it does but cannot help himself. Seen as he does enough worrying for the both of us I try to let it go over my head.
But definitely have a headache today. Earlier I was wiped out but I think weather rather than liver. Fingers crossed.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I enjoyed my omelette...nice one lizanne !:)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Sending this big hug to @maureen5752 and hope you start to feel better soon. Just make sure you keep hydrated in this hot weather. :) And so as your not left out a hug for @Cumberland too.:) And another hug to @ickihun as well:)
Anybody else want one???

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can see me getting into the home preserving hobby well. Apart from the initial outlay for 6 big (2.5 litre) rubber seal clip lock jars and buying 4 jars of pickling vinegar (1.35 each from Asda) which is diluted in most pickling recipes I am looking forward to try other stuff, even meat. I want to eat as little processed and tinned stuff from now on and make everything more healthy. I am not a big boiled egg eater but love pickled eggs. I think I will save money in the long run and be healthier too. I am quite a hands-on person, love learning new stuff that's practical and especially healthy and money saving. I've lost count on how many hobbies I've got from art to jewelry making, electronics to metal detecting, local history to reading everything and will read the back of a shampoo bottle for facts lmao. I might even get into the local drama scene lol..Eddie the drama king lmao. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@maureen5752 you too and @Cumberland. I've already sent my concerns to @13lizanne and @eddie1968 so hope things improve.
Sorry of not on here much as kids need me more. Sorry.
I'll pop in from time to time.
Kind regards Vicky :)
Thanks Vicky. I'm just sick of infections and constantly being admitted to hospitals in the last decade, my longest admissions were 7 weeks in 2009 and 9 weeks in 2013. Hate it so much. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Vicky. I'm just sick of infections and constantly being admitted to hospitals in the last decade, my longest admissions were 7 weeks in 2009 and 9 weeks in 2013. Hate it so much. :)
Im wishing wonderful things on you @eddie1968 . I know you are a hard worker like @eldergarth and stress must be reduced to support your condition. If I win the lottery I'll pay for you both to have plenty of massagers. ;) im sure they will relieve a bit tension. Maybe they should be free on the nhs?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hard workers usually get the stress related illnesses like heart attacks etc...funny that is. Thanks @ickihun :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good news on my 7 weeks in hospital in 2009 was I came out a non-smoker...think I forgot I smoked lmao :)

Reactions: 5 people