Type 2 Life

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Terrible news about the Munich shootings, 6 dead and many injured. My sympathies go out to the families. It's very sad news.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Has everyone had a good day then ? I know I'm ill but I'm mobile and quite happy with that. Hate being bed-bound. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Im wishing wonderful things on you @eddie1968 . I know you are a hard worker like @eldergarth and stress must be reduced to support your condition. If I win the lottery I'll pay for you both to have plenty of massagers. ;) im sure they will relieve a bit tension. Maybe they should be free on the nhs?
You spend all your winnings on gadgets which I know you love ! Thanks for the cut and I'll hold you to that lol....nah I am comfy and don't want for much @ickihun. :)

Reactions: 6 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sending this big hug to @maureen5752 and hope you start to feel better soon. Just make sure you keep hydrated in this hot weather. :) And so as your not left out a hug for @Cumberland too.:) And another hug to @ickihun as well:)
Anybody else want one???
Thanks Liam X. Sounds more like we should all be sending you hugssssss. You've been having it rough lately. Hope you get well very soon. ((((Hugsssss))))

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I cooked pasta bolagnese laast night with 2 finely chopped onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 8 oz of minced beef, 1/2 a can of chopped tomatoes, thyme, 8 oz of pasta twists (tricolore fusilli). today I@m making Jamaican stew curry chicken and rice.

This morning my fasting blood glucose was 5.8 mmol.

Take care, my lovely friends, and I'm sorry a few of you have been feeling poorly. Get well soon and much love and hugs and best wishes to you from Stockwell in South London on PC 1 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library where I am operating this account.

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I cooked pasta bolagnese laast night with 2 finely chopped onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 8 oz of minced beef, 1/2 a can of chopped tomatoes, thyme, 8 oz of pasta twists (tricolore fusilli). today I@m making Jamaican stew curry chicken and rice.

Take care, my lovely friends, and I'm sorry a few of you have been feeling poorly. Get well soon and much love and hugs and best wishes to you from Stockwell in South London on PC 1 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library where I am operating this account.
Good morning Johnny, that's an excellent fbg. Have you tried making courgetti? I used to love pasta but it sent my blood glucose too high so I have courgetti instead. It's much better for me and doesn't affect my BG. I use a hand held spiralizer from Lakeland or you can use a julienne peeler just as effectively. Sending you hugs too

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Good morning Johnny, that's an excellent fbg. Have you tried making courgetti? I used to love pasta but it sent my blood glucose too high so I have courgetti instead. It's much better for me and doesn't affect my BG. I use a hand held spiralizer from Lakeland or you can use a julienne peeler just as effectively. Sending you hugs too

We use that Lakeland version as well..daughter-in-law bought it a few weeks ago as I'd never used one:) wonderful:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 3 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yup have a spiralizer do courgetti quite often though one of the first things I did when cleaning the blade was take a slice off the end of my finger so am extra careful with it now.

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I can see me getting into the home preserving hobby well. Apart from the initial outlay for 6 big (2.5 litre) rubber seal clip lock jars and buying 4 jars of pickling vinegar (1.35 each from Asda) which is diluted in most pickling recipes I am looking forward to try other stuff, even meat. I want to eat as little processed and tinned stuff from now on and make everything more healthy. I am not a big boiled egg eater but love pickled eggs. I think I will save money in the long run and be healthier too. I am quite a hands-on person, love learning new stuff that's practical and especially healthy and money saving. I've lost count on how many hobbies I've got from art to jewelry making, electronics to metal detecting, local history to reading everything and will read the back of a shampoo bottle for facts lmao. I might even get into the local drama scene lol..Eddie the drama king lmao. :)
For pickled onions and vegetables I often use the huge pickling vinegar jars. Only downside is they don't keep as long as a jar with a seal but still keep for a good while.

Reactions: 6 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
am fed up with this heat at nights! going to pitch my old tent in the garden just in case - could do with a decent night's sleep!

Reactions: 4 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
am fed up with this heat at nights! going to pitch my old tent in the garden just in case - could do with a decent night's sleep!
Need company?

That sounds like a great plan - just wish I had a garden .... :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi. FBG 6.8 mmol/l. Improving and slept like a log last night. My inhaler was a godsend. :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good news...I ain't got the trotts so far lol. I seem to tolerate Amoxycillin 500mg better than most antibiotics. Hopefully no thrush after this 10 day course and my GP gave me Nystan Oral Solution and Canesten HC Cream as a precaution. My appetite has improved too. The Ventolin is great and stopped me awakening during my sleep last night. I feel fully refreshed now. Still monitoring basics daily like BGs 6 times daily (usually 4), BP twice a day, Body temperature three times a day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MEMO to @ickihun:

Stick lottery tickets on tonight.
Lol :D

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pretty quiet here today....suppose everyone's out enjoying the glorious sunshine down south. It's dull, grey and cool here - a paltry 19C at 5.30pm. No barbecues here lol. :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Pretty quiet here today....suppose everyone's out enjoying the glorious sunshine down south. It's dull, grey and cool here - a paltry 19C at 5.30pm. No barbecues here lol. :)

Hi eddie,just got back to molly 56's at southend on sea...was a transfer of chinese from brighton to london heathrow t4 ...strange to say people were coming away from the beach as there was a heavy mist making it quite cool...but it's very nice herehope your on the up,

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was about 28C here earlier when we went for a walk in a local park was exhausted when got home had to lie down for a while.

No BBQ here today as back yard is strewn with parts of grandson's motor bike that he has stripped down.

This lake is in the park.

PICT0230_zpseqfzhoeq.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

Hey sounds very nice , i enjoy your posts have a great day

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app