Type 2 Life

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Could your leg pain be scatica? My pelvic joint giving me huge pain and now scatica in leg. Just a thought.
Sorry I had missed this ickihun...it isn't the sort of pain I have had with sciatica it happens when I walk or stand for any length of time. How are you and your little one?

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
@eldergarth - Ron when you have been to Maureens to kill the Rat! We have one here in York (nasty neighbour who's Homophobic) that needs shooting, can you oblige? :D William.
No problem William how things are going looking like will have plenty of time on my hands

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@debrasue - Not been in long, But ringing up Medical Secretary in the morning to ask about Liver Biopsy. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Have been to have a Medical Assessment with the DWP today. (That was my 2nd in 6years on the Sick).
My appointment was at 1.30pm got there at 1.15pm and went in at 3pm!!! The Medical took 50 minutes and they don't miss anything. Now I wait to hear if I am fit/capable or incapable to work? And they will send me a letter with their decision between 4 to 6 weeks time. :shifty: William

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Have been to have a Medical Assessment with the DWP today. (That was my 2nd in 6years on the Sick).
My appointment was at 1.30pm got there at 1.15pm and went in at 3pm!!! The Medical took 50 minutes and they don't miss anything. Now I wait to hear if I am fit/capable or incapable to work? And they will send me a letter with their decision between 4 to 6 weeks time.
Thanks for the heads up William waiting for my appointment for the assessment for P.I.P.S. rang them week on Monday for the forms and still waiting

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@eldergarth - Ron you must take @tina_marie with you. I took Richard in with me and pleased I did, because when they started firing questions at me My Brain just got muddled and luckily Richard was giving them clear and precise answers. They had me doing stretches, bending, raising legs up, raising arms up and behind my head and all the time squealing in different tones of pain! I am sure the Nurse is into S & M !!!!:D William
P.S.. Wouldn't expect PIP forms to be sent out that quick? - But, maybe wrong, let me know though.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
@eldergarth - Ron you must take @tina_marie with you. I took Richard in with me and pleased I did, because when they started firing questions at me My Brain just got muddled and luckily Richard was giving them clear and precise answers. They had me doing stretches, bending, raising legs up, raising arms up and behind my head and all the time squealing in different tones of pain! I am sure the Nurse is into S & M !!!!:D William
Have enough problems rising a smile never mind anything else

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
P.S.. Wouldn't expect PIP forms to be sent out that quick? - But, maybe wrong, let me know though.
I was going with him anyway. Same as tomorrow to the hospital. If you want your rat sorted wait till I have PMT , lol

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maureen5752 - Well Done on your HBA1C result of 40 = that puts you in the Normal range category.[/QUOTE. Thanks Liam, I'd treat us all to a sugar free biscuit & g&t but your all to far away, cholesterol gone up a bit but I exspected it as Ive had bit more fat recently, how are you anyway? Good I hope, free of pain? had your liver results yet? All good I hope. X

Reactions: ickihun

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ Liam 1955. Sorry brain not working just been catching up, good luck tomorrow when you phone about your biopsy, & @eldergarth pls kill the rat soon had endless calls, voice messages & txts yesterday going nuts!!!! you'll need more than a rifle!!!!!! How are you copeing anyway? You ok? Hope so, have good evening everyone. X

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
@ Liam 1955. Sorry brain not working just been catching up, good luck tomorrow when you phone about your biopsy, & @eldergarth pls kill the rat soon had endless calls, voice messages & txts yesterday going nuts!!!! you'll need more than a rifle!!!!!! How are you copeing anyway? You ok? Hope so, have good evening everyone. X
Been better Maureen to be honest but still battling on got hospital tomorrow to see neurologist again about the pain and lack of feeling in my left side plus still having seizures but as they say life must go on .
I would love to come and sort the rat problem for you

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@eldergarth All the best Ron for tomorrow, I hope and pray that they can do something immediately to help you. @tina_marie thinking of you too together you are a great team x
Thank you. Well hes had a bath tonight well sort of a bath. He got In just about and then couldn't sit down , so I've had to bath him while he was stood up. Not an easy task.

Reactions: ickihun

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been better Maureen to be honest but still battling on got hospital tomorrow to see neurologist again about the pain and lack of feeling in my left side plus still having seizures but as they say life must go on .
I would love to come and sort the rat problem for you
You'd be made most welcome & I wish you all the luck in the world for tomorrow, pain is a terrible thing I hope all your problems get sorted soon. Will think about you tomorrow good luck. Let us know how you get on x

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. Well hes had a bath tonight well sort of a bath. He got In just about and then couldn't sit down , so I've had to bath him while he was stood up. Not an easy task.
. Last year I bought a swing around chair that fits over the bath cos getting into bath isn't easy for me, or getting out, if I get in usualy can't get out cos of leg, had one bath in many many years, it like a plastic armchair that swings around so you just pop your legs over the bath to get in & out & can shower in the chair, great for when got bad days or lazy, I have nerve damage & circulation damage the lot & I find it great, hope you didn't mind me saying buts it's very useful, just an idea to help you x wish you well

Reactions: Liam1955

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
. Last year I bought a swing around chair that fits over the bath cos getting into bath isn't easy for me, or getting out, if I get in usualy can't get out cos of leg, had one bath in many many years, it like a plastic armchair that swings around so you just pop your legs over the bath to get in & out & can shower in the chair, great for when got bad days or lazy, I have nerve damage & circulation damage the lot & I find it great, hope you didn't mind me saying buts it's very useful, just an idea to help you x wish you well
Cause I don't mind. I know what you mean , I use to work in a care home and we had them there . Thing is our bathroom is so small you couldn't swing a cat in it let alone a chair.

Reactions: Liam1955

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Evening, gales have subsided. Gusts over 60 MPH this morning and afternoon. FBG 5.4 and pre dinner injection 7.8 mmol/l. Testing 6 times daily for the moment - 3 injections daily now and titrating insulin up/down as required by my DNS who is monitoring me closely. :)

D

debrasue

Good luck for tomorrow, guys - we'll be thinking about you xxx