Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My silly decision to eat some devil-carb rich meat pies that a friend with a mental health disability called Colin gave me resulted in my blood glucose reading hitting 17.0 mmol/L. I made the wrong decision but I didn't want to hurt his feelings as he bought them for me out of the kindness of his heart. I'm very worried about my blood glucose being this high. I'm worried full stop about having diabetes. And I've been worried sick about @ickihun and @eldergarth, too. I love them unconditionally and I'm going to light my prayer candles for them tonight and pray for (a) a good result of @ickihun's hospital scan and (b) a relief for my lovely friend @eldergarth's pain and affliction. Love and cuddles to you both, guys!

lots of love, johnny the aspie and a profound soldier in Christ xXx.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
My silly decision to eat some devil-carb rich meat pies that a friend with a mental health disability called Colin gave me resulted in my blood glucose reading hitting 17.0 mmol/L. I made the wrong decision but I didn't want to hurt his feelings as he bought them for me out of the kindness of his heart. I'm very worried about my blood glucose being this high. I'm worried full stop about having diabetes. And I've been worried sick about @ickihun and @eldergarth, too. I love them unconditionally and I'm going to light my prayer candles for them tonight and pray for (a) a good result of @ickihun's hospital scan and (b) a relief for my lovely friend @eldergarth's pain and affliction. Love and cuddles to you both, guys!

Early this morning Ron started to have muscle spasms again. So it looks like Baclofen isn't strong enough . His ultrasound scan, on his shoulders didn't show up anything. So it's back to the gps in a weeks time to see what's next .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Bless you Johnny. :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I'm grateful to Jehovah God, through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, for my blood glucose coming down. A nice lady doctor from 111 on the telephone rang me back last night and she was reassured and relieved - as I was, too - that my blood glucose came down from 17.0 to 11.2 and then this morning, after taking my metformin and Lixisenatide it was a brilliant 6.7. I realise now, with wise hindsight, that I shouldn't have eaten those chicken and mushroom pies. The amount of devil-carbs in them must have totally blew me away. I realise that the carbs may have spiked my blood glucose and there could have been other ways to be subtle and caring towards Colin when he gave them to me, without hurting my feelings. I hate hurting people's feelings because people are a very fragile species of humanity - as I am, too, being a human being myself- and it's good to be mindful of their feelings and show love and compassion for them.

I realise, now, that I have to change the lancets in the blood glucose monitor finger pricker and to wash my hands in warm, soapy water before testing to get an accurate reading. I wasn't doing that and my readings were all over the place. It's good to have a fresh supply of lancets, testing strips and plenty of Imperial Leather soap and warm water to get the best readings.

And I'm praying for positive results from your scan, @ickihun, and that the results don't prove worrying, stressful or burdensome for you. Cast your cares upon Jesus, He loves you and wants you to be well and whole. I believe when things seem impossible by man's standards, Jesus and Jehovah can make all things possible and conceivable. And prayers for @eldergarth and @tina_marie, too, and a relief from Ron's debilitating and excruciating symptoms and disabilities. I love you guys, you've given me a new lease of life. Type 2 Life has changed me from within. Thank you, http://www.diabetes.co.uk.

Lots of love and cuddles to all, from @JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Your prayers were answered.... Just fatty liver. No gallbladder problem or stones anywhere. Phew!

My only concern is... What is causing all the pain on my right side of my body. Rib, back of my lungs into chest, pelvis and swollen stomach.
Still there and treated by painkillers. Muscle spasms and cramps, also in my feet and calves.
What's causing my anaemia? I have fibre and sensible fat as well as iron fortified foods.
Its a mystery. Even GP doesn't know.
I'm given up caring. :(
I'm still struggling to walk and only by a crutch and tramadol with paracetamol and ibuprofen. I can only get around slowly and in less pain than the breathtaking pain on codeine.
I just want my walking unaided back.
GP has told me bariatric surgery will help.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I had my depot injection for the mood swings and autistic meltdowns/emotionality in my Asperger Syndrome today and the Nurse gave me a brand new True You blood glucose monitor, still in the box and everything. I also saw a nice lady doctor and she listened to my heart with her stethoscope and she said it was a normal, healthy heart rate and she is going to refer me to a physiotherapist about my niggly ache in my muscle on my right-hand side and gave me a printout of some lower back pain exercises to participate in to strengthen the muscles in that area of my body plus my lower back. My blood pressure was 154/87, a bit high but not concerningly so.

So far, for my breakfast, I had a bowl of Sainsbury's Basics Corn Flakes with semi-skimmed milk and no sugar which understandably ran my blood glucose up to 11.9 mmol/L. That was before my medication had the chance to work, though, and I washed my hands in warm water with Imperial Leather soap and dried them and put a new lancet in my finger pricker, setting the depth for number five.

Lots of love with my best wishes,

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

P.S.:- At quarter to one today I'll be a very impressive 111 days quit from smoking tobacco - awesome!

Reactions: heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
On tramadol, paracetamol and ibuprofen but still crying with pain on my right side back of my pelvis. Even on tramadol????
What is going on then?

Awaiting to see musculoskeleton team. 9wk wait.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I had my depot injection for the mood swings and autistic meltdowns/emotionality in my Asperger Syndrome today and the Nurse gave me a brand new True You blood glucose monitor, still in the box and everything. I also saw a nice lady doctor and she listened to my heart with her stethoscope and she said it was a normal, healthy heart rate and she is going to refer me to a physiotherapist about my niggly ache in my muscle on my right-hand side and gave me a printout of some lower back pain exercises to participate in to strengthen the muscles in that area of my body plus my lower back. My blood pressure was 154/87, a bit high but not concerningly so.

So far, for my breakfast, I had a bowl of Sainsbury's Basics Corn Flakes with semi-skimmed milk and no sugar which understandably ran my blood glucose up to 11.9 mmol/L. That was before my medication had the chance to work, though, and I washed my hands in warm water with Imperial Leather soap and dried them and put a new lancet in my finger pricker, setting the depth for number five.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

P.S.:- At quarter to one today I'll be a very impressive 111 days quit from smoking tobacco - awesome!
I wonder if same exercises I have Johnny? I'll post my leaflet soon. We can compare?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
my blood glucose reading at 6:23 am gmt on thursday 15th march 2018 in the common era was 7.4. i've had 5 microwave heated quorn sausages with ketchup.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I met up with my dear friend, Ioanna Ferlia, a disabled 43 year old Greek Lady who speaks impeccable English and is very kind to all she meets whilst struggling with a mental health disability, uncontrolled type 2 diabetes mellitus and a spinal injury and pancreatitis and took my computer to where I met her to check her Facebook and other Internet websites. She knows I've been very kind to her in the past, lending her money (which I've always received back) and buying her food shopping, self-care products and cleaning materials, the latter for her Carer to help maintain the tenancy of her social housing property which used to be just around the corner from myself. We had a lovely chat and she gave me a cuddle and helped me to help her on the computer. I love her very much, but only in a close friend capacity, as due to my Asperger Syndrome - and I realise this doesn't apply to all individuals on the autism spectrum - I'm asexual and a bit frigid when it comes to sexual matters. Some of it is due to my Christian faith and instruction from the bible that encourages me to be chaste. For my assistance, I offered her with my computer she bought me a delicious bacon butty with tomato ketchup and margarine. She also bought me a can of Regular Coca-Cola to wash it down. I didn't take my blood glucose two hours after eating it but my before lunch blood glucose, just now, was 7.4 millimoles per litre like it was after eating my five Quorn sausages with tomato ketchup this morning. At a quarter to one today I'll also have achieved 112 days of abstinence from smoking hand-rolled Holborn Yellow tobacco cigarettes which I'm very happy about.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD and Insulin-Resistant type 2 diabetes mellitus. xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I haven't seen any posts from @ickihun (Vicky) on Type 2 Life recently. I hope you're keeping well and bearing up well, @ickihun. I also haven't heard from lovely @debrasue and @13lizanne recently, either. I hope you're all doing really well and are coping with things in a good fashion. I think about you all the time and am wondering what the latest is with your health conditions and your day to day life. I've been getting on really well and my blood glucose was 6.0 mmol/L this morning and it was a fasting blood glucose apart from the decaf coffee that I had which was black with 3 saccharin tablets (Sweetex). I've now got a new blood glucose meter that my Nurse gave to me when I last went for my depot injection for my Asperger Syndrome last Wednesday. It's a True You meter but it's a lot newer and is a more up to date model. I also went to the Jehovah's Witness meeting yesterday and one of the sisters there bought me some braces to hold my trousers up to stop them sagging and looking scruffy. I really appreciate Michelle doing that for me. I hope you're all well, @ickihun, @13lizanne and @debrasue and other forum members.

Lots of love with my best wishes and sincere kind regards,

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Muscular pain in my lower back and right-hand side caused by wear-and-tear xXx.

Reactions: debrasue

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @JohnnyBaker12021970.
Well tramadol has relieved all my terrible movement pain. So taking with paracetamol and ibuprofen as instructed, with ibs med too. It's looking like ibs pain as abdominal scan revealed only none painful fatty liver. Phew! Our prayers were answered, right?
My only problem still not resolved or helped is huge pain in walking from my sciatic nerve from bulging disc.
I'm awaiting a 9wk waiting list for MSK appointment. I'm praying for a MRI. I need to know for sure what the problem is.
I was crying on my GP regarding pain so he changed me off useless codeine to tramadol but its not as effective as the first time I took it.
The pain when walking is horrendous from my back.
I definitely need your prayers Johnny to get through today.

D

debrasue

Hi @JohnnyBaker12021970.
Well tramadol has relieved all my terrible movement pain. So taking with paracetamol and ibuprofen as instructed, with ibs med too. It's looking like ibs pain as abdominal scan revealed only none painful fatty liver. Phew! Our prayers were answered, right?
My only problem still not resolved or helped is huge pain in walking from my sciatic nerve from bulging disc.
I'm awaiting a 9wk waiting list for MSK appointment. I'm praying for a MRI. I need to know for sure what the problem is.
I was crying on my GP regarding pain so he changed me off useless codeine to tramadol but its not as effective as the first time I took it.
The pain when walking is horrendous from my back.
I definitely need your prayers Johnny to get through today.
Do you ever use a self-propelled wheelchair, Vicky, if you need to walk any distance? I know it's not an ideal solution, but that pain sounds truly horrendous and having to take all those meds to try and suppress it can't be doing you any good, either. The wheelchairs are surprisingly lightweight nowadays, and fold easily for transportation. You can either hire one through outlets such as the Red Cross, or buy one, and there are some great offers online, including secondhand versions. You'd also qualify for VAT exemption on them, too.

D

debrasue

I haven't seen any posts from @ickihun (Vicky) on Type 2 Life recently. I hope you're keeping well and bearing up well, @ickihun. I also haven't heard from lovely @debrasue and @13lizanne recently, either. I hope you're all doing really well and are coping with things in a good fashion. I think about you all the time and am wondering what the latest is with your health conditions and your day to day life. I've been getting on really well and my blood glucose was 6.0 mmol/L this morning and it was a fasting blood glucose apart from the decaf coffee that I had which was black with 3 saccharin tablets (Sweetex). I've now got a new blood glucose meter that my Nurse gave to me when I last went for my depot injection for my Asperger Syndrome last Wednesday. It's a True You meter but it's a lot newer and is a more up to date model. I also went to the Jehovah's Witness meeting yesterday and one of the sisters there bought me some braces to hold my trousers up to stop them sagging and looking scruffy. I really appreciate Michelle doing that for me. I hope you're all well, @ickihun, @13lizanne and @debrasue and other forum members.

Lots of love with my best wishes and sincere kind regards,

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Muscular pain in my lower back and right-hand side caused by wear-and-tear xXx.
Hi, Johnny! It's really good to hear from you, my friend, and to see that you're still doing great work with both your blood sugar levels and quitting smoking. You are truly an inspiration.
I'm continuing to improve after my ankle fusion operation, thanks for asking. Progress is slow, but I have been told by the consultant who performed the procedure not to expect dramatic results. A full level of recovery can take up to 12 months and varies for each individual, but he is pleased with my progress to date. I can walk around the house with the aid of crutches now, although I usually resort to the wheelchair by the end of the day, as my ankle and foot start to swell by then and become quite sore. I think the trick is to persevere, little and often, to slowly build up the bone, muscle and ankle function gradually.
Keep winning, Johnny! xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Do you ever use a self-propelled wheelchair, Vicky, if you need to walk any distance? I know it's not an ideal solution, but that pain sounds truly horrendous and having to take all those meds to try and suppress it can't be doing you any good, either. The wheelchairs are surprisingly lightweight nowadays, and fold easily for transportation. You can either hire one through outlets such as the Red Cross, or buy one, and there are some great offers online, including secondhand versions. You'd also qualify for VAT exemption on them, too.
I might have too. :(
I'd prefer to walk for bgs thou.
I'll see what GP has to say tomorrow. I'm trying to prevent more problems (i.e diabetes complications). At all costs.
My dn has been great, bariatric nurse too. I'll see what more can be tweeked to keep me more mobile, and independant.
Apparently bariatric op will take some pressure off my back so I'd prefer to wait til nhs have finished supporting my ailments.
I have a company who rents when I'm in town shopping but not many shops are accessible. I'd have to sit outside of shop and ask family to buy what I need. Humf!
I like to pick my own toiletries and food thou. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: debrasue

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm resting now. A lunch then pick kids early for little ones first paediatrian appointment at hospital.
I've got my list of questions.

His heart needs checking as he stops me to say "listen mammy, my heart". We used to play listen to mammy's fast heart before betablockers. His is very very loud and fast but he is standing still. Mind u children's are faster, well babies are.
He's fit and not overweight but sleeps at school, still. He gets worn out at school but home he's more paced.
He's coming along nicely since starting school thou. :) :) :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I am sorry that @debrasue and lovely @ickihun are both going through the wars at the mo, prayers going out to you both as they have already in past days, weeks and months. You guys and also @13lizanne have given me confidence in who I am and to accept my quirks and flaws and to rise above all the slights and backstabbing remarks I've received in the past and live for the day and be proud in who I am. I'm now 116 days quit from cigarette smoking and all of the credit goes to you guys and also to me for my hard work and determination, resolve and perseverance and to Jehovah and Jesus too for without them I probably wouldn't be here today. Love and hugs from Johnny xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

D

debrasue

I might have too. :(
I'd prefer to walk for bgs thou.
I'll see what GP has to say tomorrow. I'm trying to prevent more problems (i.e diabetes complications). At all costs.
My dn has been great, bariatric nurse too. I'll see what more can be tweeked to keep me more mobile, and independant.
Apparently bariatric op will take some pressure off my back so I'd prefer to wait til nhs have finished supporting my ailments.
I have a company who rents when I'm in town shopping but not many shops are not accessible. I'd have to sit outside of shop and ask family to buy what I need. Humf!
I like to pick my own toiletries and food thou. :(

Yes, I can totally understand where you're coming from.

It's a fine balancing act, isn't it? Pain increasing blood glucose levels versus exercise to reduce them... I've taken up swimming to temporarily replace walking until I'm able to walk again, and I look upon my wheelchair just as a tool to help me get around until I can do it again under my own steam.

I wish my GP had explained the addictive aspects of some of the drugs he was prescribing to help me deal with the pain before I had the operation, though, such as codeine and tramadol. It would have been helpful if he had outlined a plan to help me stop taking them, too. I was a little naïve and simply stopped, and then endured the longest and worst month of my life suffering the withdrawal symptoms. Horrendous...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am sorry that @debrasue and lovely @ickihun are both going through the wars at the mo, prayers going out to you both as they have already in past days, weeks and months. You guys and also @13lizanne have given me confidence in who I am and to accept my quirks and flaws and to rise above all the slights and backstabbing remarks I've received in the past and live for the day and be proud in who I am. I'm now 116 days quit from cigarette smoking and all of the credit goes to you guys and also to me for my hard work and determination, resolve and perseverance and to Jehovah and Jesus too for without them I probably wouldn't be here today. Love and hugs from Johnny xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Well done @JohnnyBaker12021970. :) :) :)