ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes, I can totally understand where you're coming from.

It's a fine balancing act, isn't it? Pain increasing blood glucose levels versus exercise to reduce them... I've taken up swimming to temporarily replace walking until I'm able to walk again, and I look upon my wheelchair just as a tool to help me get around until I can do it again under my own steam.

I wish my GP had explained the addictive aspects of some of the drugs he was prescribing to help me deal with the pain before I had the operation, though, such as codeine and tramadol. It would have been helpful if he had outlined a plan to help me stop taking them, too. I was a little naïve and simply stopped, and then endured the longest and worst month of my life suffering the withdrawal symptoms. Horrendous...
When I stopped tramadol I just got horrendous pain back. Codeine made it worse through constipation and even worse heavy tummy... putting more pressure on my back. It was hell.
I'm much less pain riddled on tramadol.
Not sure if codeine stopped withdrawal symptoms from tramadol but I just had worse pain?
Only pain in walking is my sciatic nerve on right side bum, leg and pelvis/hip. The whole area is spasmed and numbed like electric shocks but long lasting, til I can take my weight pressure off my back. Its agonising. :( its getting worse not better. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes, I can totally understand where you're coming from.

It's a fine balancing act, isn't it? Pain increasing blood glucose levels versus exercise to reduce them... I've taken up swimming to temporarily replace walking until I'm able to walk again, and I look upon my wheelchair just as a tool to help me get around until I can do it again under my own steam.

I wish my GP had explained the addictive aspects of some of the drugs he was prescribing to help me deal with the pain before I had the operation, though, such as codeine and tramadol. It would have been helpful if he had outlined a plan to help me stop taking them, too. I was a little naïve and simply stopped, and then endured the longest and worst month of my life suffering the withdrawal symptoms. Horrendous...
@debrasue I think I have fibromyalgia!
Just had a chance to read up after concentrating on 4yr olds health needs for a few months, on top of my chronic pain.
I am much better on tramadol, I have ibs now and sleep disturbances a little less on pregabalin from hospital. Today I'm at GPs to ask to be continued on pregabalin tablet. My ability to go into deep sleep is more obvious on pregabalin than pre tablet. I get a chance to relax and repair.
I havent slept properly for 5yrs now so if I get 4.5hrs sleep like last night it's great compared to waking hourly like I've done, all this time.
I'm hoping I can stop having to use my 'uk night owl' thread and wake refreshed and enthusiastic about my day.
Codeine (with paracetamol) made my pain worse!
Is your pain localised to your foot/ankle or are you suffering like me. All over pain (additional to scatica for me).?

I am wondering if tramadol triggered fibromyalgia or just disguised it when started for bulging disc/s.
They say sleep deprevention can be a trigger for fibromyalgia. I wouldn't be surprised. I've never slept properly since last pregnancy. Obviously due too his ASD which was severe as a baby. He's just starting to sleep throughout the night now. Phew!
I'm having occasional 'wipe outs' which cause me to sleep even during the day, unlike yesterday but maybe today. We'll see. I'm hoping to find a pattern I can work with to improve better sleep.
Shame I've only just had time to read up properly about it.
Hoping I can be diagnosed properly soon or at least my GP treat me appropriately.
Today will be the break through, fingers crossed.
Hoping to chase up my MSK appointment before seeing GP so I know what I'm talking about with him. I want to discuss what MSK can do for me as physio was very time consuming and I got very very little from all the pain and effort.
My bariatric psychologist picked up the possibility of fibromyalgia as a diagnoses for all my pain. She was brilliant. She advised on-going psychological support which I can now also concentrate on.
Gosh this is soooo hard work!
Neither wonder Mr ickihun is saying I'm high maintainence. He's not wrong at the minute.
I'm encouraging him to be more involved in 4yr olds ADS as his family have genetically history with it. He understands its need more. It will give him focus too.
I can concentrate more on getting some improved pain relief structure and helping 11yr old with stats and both with weight loss. :)
Its needed this medicational help for me, nhs and school support for little one to be able to think clearly and act upon it efficiently.
If I didnt go for bariatric surgery I'd never have queried my pain problem nor moaned about 4yr olds additional needs.
I would have just muddled through, after all that's what I've done all my life through my mother's disinterest.
I know now what's important going forward and ironically returning to the north-east is looking to be the best move for my family, to date. Irrespective of a manipulating and distructive mentally ill mum. I wouldn't know where to start putting her right but she won't help herself so I can lead the horse to water but I cannot force her to drink. Our GP tries the same but she won't listen. She avoids the GP who knows her illness and won't even talk about it. One day she might see the light but her regret may kill her.
I think I need to avoid being cruel to be kind on this occasion. I haven't written her off but I'd not want her to be bitterly regretful enough to cause her harm. She is my mum, after all.
Shame I wasn't aware of this at a much younger age but it's only just come to light since returning to my home town. I had to spread my wings otherwise I'd been mentally stunted or worse if I hadn't left.
I can put hand on heart and say I fly high once the wind takes me! :) :) :)

Last edited:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood glucose reading after eating a can of Sainsbury's Basics spaghetti in tomato sauce and 2 slices of low carb 11.8 g carb per slice Burgen bread, toasted, with grill-melted Sainsbury's Basics Mild Cheddar Cheese on it and after taking my morning Metformin of 1000 mg and 20 mcg Lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide subcutaneous injection my blood glucose after that was an awesome 5.2 mmol/L! The muscular pain in my right hand side, lower back and sometimes upper back is a bit niggly but very much less niggly than in recent days. I'm sorry to hear about you having fibromyalgia, @debrasue, instant prayers to you and my dear friend @ickihun for healing of all your pain, discomfort and suffering to Jesus Christ our risen Lord from Johnny xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Sorry, I made a mistake in thinking that @debrasue had fibromyalgia due to inattention in comprehending the posts in my ADHD. I know that it's @ickihun that suspects she has fibromyalgia-type symptoms, and I fully commit both of you to Jesus and Jehovah God for imminent healing and exoneration from all your suffering. I love all the people on this thread of the Forum and I have a lot of prayer candles for its participants. Love and hugs from Johnny xXx.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi, still the same . Still waiting for the appointment to Derby. Ron's not sleeping , getting up around 3am. Pain relief waste of time . I can see him becoming addicted to pain killers .
Just back from GP he is happy for me too continue pregabalin tablets from A&E. He has changed dose so only need twice a day. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Just back from GP he is happy for me too continue pregabalin tablets from A&E. He has changed dose so only need twice a day. :)
Although Ron's been told he will always be in pain. He has never been offered anything to help him sleep nor alternative therapy for pain. It's always been here's a pill here's another oh and here's even more pills . None of which have took pain away just take the edge off. No physio which I've asked for him.

Reactions: eddie1968

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi, still the same . Still waiting for the appointment to Derby. Ron's not sleeping , getting up around 3am. Pain relief waste of time . I can see him becoming addicted to pain killers .
Tramadol is working again. I've been encouraged to take paracetamol and ibuprofen as well as pregabalin.
I didn't use a taxi today for drs as the pain is bearable on stopping frequently.
What a carry on !!!

Yes you do wonder what's going to happen next.
Not out tomorrow. Will have to press for a walk out or do both school runs, maybe. Maybe afternoon school run. Fingers crossed.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Although Ron's been told he will always be in pain. He has never been offered anything to help him sleep nor alternative therapy for pain. It's always been here's a pill here's another oh and here's even more pills . None of which have took pain away just take the edge off. No physio which I've asked for him.
GP agreed physio no use for me. He agreed next msk appointment should be more help.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
GP agreed physio no use for me. He agreed next msk appointment should be more help.
Ron's not even been given the choice . It's take the pills and sit and wait for the next thing to happen. He can't even go to toilet cause he's so bunged up. Sat on the loo for hours at a time that's not normal. Still haven't heard what there going to do about his arm. The drs up here are absolute useless . If I sound down today it's because I am. X

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron's not even been given the choice . It's take the pills and sit and wait for the next thing to happen. He can't even go to toilet cause he's so bunged up. Sat on the loo for hours at a time that's not normal. Still haven't heard what there going to do about his arm. The drs up here are absolute useless . If I sound down today it's because I am. X
Oh honey!
I'm hoping Derby appointment shows some positive influence.
Something has to change.

I'm off to bed soon. Totally shattered. I'll have 2hrs before soaps start.
The sun and tramadol are keeping me rosie.
In fact the great appointment little one had yesterday has taken a big weight off my shoulders. It has been a very stressful time lately.
I'm hoping things are going to improve my end too.

I just wish Ron had a better GP. One of the listening kind. :(

D

debrasue

Sorry, I made a mistake in thinking that @debrasue had fibromyalgia due to inattention in comprehending the posts in my ADHD. I know that it's @ickihun that suspects she has fibromyalgia-type symptoms, and I fully commit both of you to Jesus and Jehovah God for imminent healing and exoneration from all your suffering. I love all the people on this thread of the Forum and I have a lot of prayer candles for its participants. Love and hugs from Johnny xXx.
Thank you, Johnny - love and hugs are very much appreciated right now! :)

D

debrasue

Hi, folks.
Just popping in briefly to say goodbye - I’m off to find out if there is life after DCUK after all.
It’s been a wonderful couple of years; I’ve learned so much from all of you and have made some very special friends along the way, for which I will always be grateful.
Wherever your paths may lead you in the future, I wish you good luck, good health and happiness.
And always stay true to what you believe in.
Much love,
Debra xx

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hi, folks.
Just popping in briefly to say goodbye - I’m off to find out if there is life after DCUK after all.
It’s been a wonderful couple of years; I’ve learned so much from all of you and have made some very special friends along the way, for which I will always be grateful.
Wherever your paths may lead you in the future, I wish you good luck, good health and happiness.
Much love,
Debra xx
Take care and wish you all the best for the future . X

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, folks.
Much love,
Debra xx
Take care