Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood glucose reading level at 12:42 Post Meridian British Summer Time today was 6.1 mmol and I'm still 152 days quit from tobacco misuse and excessive consumption of complex and simple carbohydrates. I'm not buying any pasta, rice, potatoes, bread or pizzas or anything with carb components in them.

Reactions: heh

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My blood glucose reading level at 12:42 Post Meridian British Summer Time today was 6.1 mmol and I'm still 152 days quit from tobacco misuse and excessive consumption of complex and simple carbohydrates. I'm not buying any pasta, rice, potatoes, bread or pizzas or anything with carb components in them.
I’m trying to do the same...I have a lot of weight I need to lose x

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My Carer bought me good grocery shopping. When he brought it to my flat I ate a container of strawberries, a container of black and green grapes, a container of raspberries and 4 bananas and my blood glucose reading level at 5:27 postmeridian British Summer Time was 11.4 mmol, a bit hyperglycaemic. I had no self-control and it's the fructose that sent my blood glucose soaring. I wish I hadn't eaten it now!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saw diabetes nurse today for routine appt. HbA1c is 48, foot check done & all good, lost 3kg. She is happy with my diabetes control and told me to carry on with what I'm doing diet wise, so I'm a happy bunny tonight

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ate a container of strawberries, a container of black and green grapes, a container of raspberries and 4 bananas
Everything in moderation Johnny, grapes can give you a sugar hit and bananas are quite carby. Berries are best.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My Carer bought me good grocery shopping. When he brought it to my flat I ate a container of strawberries, a container of black and green grapes, a container of raspberries and 4 bananas and my blood glucose reading level at 5:27 postmeridian British Summer Time was 11.4 mmol, a bit hyperglycaemic. I had no self-control and it's the fructose that sent my blood glucose soaring. I wish I hadn't eaten it now!
I wish you hadn't either. :(
However is it a treat you allow yourself once shopping is in? Many do same but not weekly. Monthly or every other month in a form of family member's birthdays Johnny.
It gives many the control over food they need to stop cravings or feeling of being punished for being fat. It gives control back to you as it's a planned treat.
So now you've had your healthy, fruity treat do you feel satisfied or are you back into the cupboards for something else? What high carb foods are going to give you temptation Johnny in your shopping?
Please tell me no sugar for other's tea/coffees is in your shop? If so give it to one of those sugar drinking guests and tell them it's better not in your cupboard, leading you into temptation?

Now let's get to the nitty gritty. How many low carb meals can you invent from this new shop? Write down some meal plans which you know you will love.
Make breakfast enough to fill you. Bacon or ham with eggs. 2 or 3 if big appetite. Maybe one sausage if not expensive ones. Mayo but no ketchup. Fill yourself up. Add a bit veg if you want something wet to add to smoky bacon?
I hope you have butter, not marg but marg can be kept for bread.... again for guests whilst you tuck into nuts, cheese, ham and bacon, chicken, beef, lamb.

What do you think?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I wish you hadn't either. :(
However is it a treat you allow yourself once shopping is in? Many do same but not weekly. Monthly or every other month in a form of family member's birthdays Johnny.
It gives many the control over food they need to stop cravings or feeling of being punished for being fat. It gives control back to you as it's a planned treat.
So now you've had your healthy, fruity treat do you feel satisfied or are you back into the cupboards for something else? What high carb foods are going to give you temptation Johnny in your shopping?
Please tell me no sugar for other's tea/coffees is in your shop? If so give it to one of those sugar drinking guests and tell them it's better not in your cupboard, leading you into temptation?

Now let's get to the nitty gritty. How many low carb meals can you invent from this new shop? Write down some meal plans which you know you will love.
Make breakfast enough to fill you. Bacon or ham with eggs. 2 or 3 if big appetite. Maybe one sausage if not expensive ones. Mayo but no ketchup. Fill yourself up. Add a bit veg if you want something wet to add to smoky bacon?
I hope you have butter, not marg but marg can be kept for bread.... again for guests whilst you tuck into nuts, cheese, ham and bacon, chicken, beef, lamb.

What do you think?
Good morning, @ickihun, my lovely friend. I agree that there must be an element of control involved in counteracting craves from nicotine/high fat/carbs and I'm now working extremely hard to fight that urge. I did eat 4 bananas this morning but I'm still on the Sweetex saccharin tablets in my decaffeinated instant coffee and tea drinks. I also bought almond milk, tinned mackerel in olive oil, canned tuna in brine, canned lentils, canned cannelloni beans and canned red kidney beans like my dietitian advised last Thursday. I've also got skinless chicken breast fillets and pork shoulder steaks which are quite lean, too, and some good quality carb-free quarterpounder beefburgers. I've also noticed one thing that I struggle with with my Asperger's Syndrome and that's doing things in moderation as I do everything to excess. I'm really working on this. My blood glucose this morning at 9:43 am bst is 8.6.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good morning, @ickihun, my lovely friend. I agree that there must be an element of control involved in counteracting craves from nicotine/high fat/carbs and I'm now working extremely hard to fight that urge. I did eat 4 bananas this morning but I'm still on the Sweetex saccharin tablets in my decaffeinated instant coffee and tea drinks. I also bought almond milk, tinned mackerel in olive oil, canned tuna in brine, canned lentils, canned cannelloni beans and canned red kidney beans like my dietitian advised last Thursday. I've also got skinless chicken breast fillets and pork shoulder steaks which are quite lean, too, and some good quality carb-free quarterpounder beefburgers. I've also noticed one thing that I struggle with with my Asperger's Syndrome and that's doing things in moderation as I do everything to excess. I'm really working on this. My blood glucose this morning at 9:43 am bst is 8.6.
If you can get on low carb diet in excess you will be laughing.

The key is not to buy bulk fruit or any carb. Just don't bring it into the house.
Maybe try that next time or when your ready for that next step.
I'm guessing your dietician doesn't approve low carb eating for type2 diabetes?
It is harder without the nhs support. :(

Thats why I rate you a winner!
You do fantastically. You are brilliant.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
i had a very distressing call to my flat yesterday from max and a friend of matthew and claudette called simon yesterday, and it was simon that was crashing in my flat a few years ago with his black cat called stinky and was asking me for hundreds of pounds of my disability money at the time and is one of the chief reasons why my money got signed under appointee ship from the council. yesterday, simon came to see me and asked me for some money to get into a hostel as he was sleeping rough in a park with his cat and was a sufferer of type 2 diabetes mellitus and suffered greatly with it. i gave him a blue five pound note. since then he's been back to ask for more money, i think he wants my purple twenty pound note. max saw through him and told him he should be content with the blue five pound note i gave him. it's this type of lack of discernment and lack of capacity that makes me very vulnerable to financial and material exploitation. i'm not sure if matthew and claudette are genuine friends.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
i had a very distressing call to my flat yesterday from max and a friend of matthew and claudette called simon yesterday, and it was simon that was crashing in my flat a few years ago with his black cat called stinky and was asking me for hundreds of pounds of my disability money at the time and is one of the chief reasons why my money got signed under appointee ship from the council. yesterday, simon came to see me and asked me for some money to get into a hostel as he was sleeping rough in a park with his cat and was a sufferer of type 2 diabetes mellitus and suffered greatly with it. i gave him a blue five pound note. since then he's been back to ask for more money, i think he wants my purple twenty pound note. max saw through him and told him he should be content with the blue five pound note i gave him. it's this type of lack of discernment and lack of capacity that makes me very vulnerable to financial and material exploitation. i'm not sure if matthew and claudette are genuine friends.

Do they ever give you money or offer you a loan? With genuine freinds there is always a measure of give and take, when people are taking all the time you must trust your instincts and avoid giving in to emotional blackmail. This sometimes happens to all of us and the only cure is to say no and keep saying no. I know this can't be easy for you but you must at least try to avoid people who will exploit you for their own ends.
Stay safe Johnny.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Its heart breaking that they don't know how to treat decent friends and haven't learnt honest behaviour. Stay true to yourself.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Its heart breaking that they don't know how to treat decent friends and haven't learnt honest behaviour. Stay true to yourself.
Good Afternoon, my dear, sweet friend @ickihun,

Jesus said in The Gospel According To Matthew Chapter 24 that in the end times, the love of many will wax Cold. St Paul's student Timothy also says before the Final Tribulation and The Last Judgement, men will be lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God. Timothy also instructs us that men will be selfish, haughty, boastful and proud. Whoever endures will receive eternal life.

That gives me so much comfort and solace, @ickihun, and I love you, in Jesus, for your love, compassion and concern.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Do they ever give you money or offer you a loan? With genuine freinds there is always a measure of give and take, when people are taking all the time you must trust your instincts and avoid giving in to emotional blackmail. This sometimes happens to all of us and the only cure is to say no and keep saying no. I know this can't be easy for you but you must at least try to avoid people who will exploit you for their own ends.
Stay safe Johnny.
Yes, @Guzzler, my good friends Lee and Ioanna and my Anglican friend in North Finchley, Graham. These are my special offline friends.

Reactions: Guzzler

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I just ate some blueberries and enjoyed drinking a lovely smoked glass mug of decaf coffee with almond milk and 3 Sweetex. blood sugar is now 11.4.

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's 6:35 antemeridian, British Summer Time, today on Tuesday 24th April 2018 CE and I've just administered the following:-

* Lixisenatide 20 mcg glucagon-like peptide subcutaneous injection
* Metformin Hydrochloride 1000 mg
* Ramipril 10 mg
* Amlodipine 10 mg
* Bendroflumethiazide 2.5 mg
* Carbamazepine (Tegretol) 200 mg
* Tamsulosin Hydrochloride 400 mcg
* 2 x 200 mg Ibuprofen
* 2 x 500 mg Paracetamol

I also rubbed some Phorpain Ibuprofen gel into my sore intercostal muscles.

My blood glucose level now was 7.2 mmol, fasting, possibly spiked by the sugar coating on 200 mg pink Ibuprofen tablets plus intermittently incessant 1mg Nicorette QuickMist Nicotine Replacement Therapy oral spray medications.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.
I’m but no means an expert Johnny but I’ve been put on metformin and it says not to take ibuprofen. Obviously I don’t know if with your other medications if you are okay to. Just thought it was worth mentioning. Take care, you seem like a lovely person and congrats on stopping smoking and changing your diet to low carb! X

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Blood glucose at 6:53 PM (BST) on 25/04/2018 was 7.6.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnnyBaker12021970 It sounds like your "friends" are not really "friends", they sound like users. Please don't keep too much cash on you and if possible don't answer the door to them. Have you any news on the assisted living apartment yet?

Well done with low carb shopping. Giving up smoking is a big thing, dieting is a big thing, don't make your life a misery by trying to change everything in your life in one go. Small steps. You are doing really well, give yourself a pat on the back.

Reactions: Guzzler and Petaluk

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my lovely, kind Type 2 Life friends,

I'm not doing very well with my diet, in spite of initially trying very hard and feeling light-headed and miserable with bad intercostal muscle sprain discomfort. Just a few - 50 minutes - ago I ate 4 vegetable samosas (Indian pastry snack) and 8 Onion Bhajias (another Indian snack) and my blood glucose was, at 9:33 antemeridian British Summertime 8.9 mmol. I took my medication this morning, too.

Yes, my lovely friend, @heh, my friendships can be a little bit strained and unbalanced at times. My psychiatrist who is treating my Asperger's Syndrome and Adult ADHD is confident, along with my occupational therapist care coordinator, that in supported housing my quality of life will be better and I'll be better equipped to carry out my ADL's and look after myself a bit better. I don't know what's holding up the referral; my elderly 87-year-old Dad's given up hope for it happening but my care coordinator did promise that sometime this year I'll be settled in my new assisted living apartment.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose at 11:19 antemeridian British Summer Time on this very nice hot, sunny day in Stockwell, South West London of Thursday 26th April 2018 Anno Domini is 10.7. Matthew's taking me swimming today and he's going to help me to do some twisting and stretching exercises in the pool for my intercostal muscle sprain and I'm going to buy him £5.00 worth of petroleum spirit for his motor car as he's had to drive all the way from Thornton Heath, where he lives, to Stockwell plus all the other driving. Petroleum Spirit is very expensive.

Reactions: heh and ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I’m but no means an expert Johnny but I’ve been put on metformin and it says not to take ibuprofen. Obviously I don’t know if with your other medications if you are okay to. Just thought it was worth mentioning. Take care, you seem like a lovely person and congrats on stopping smoking and changing your diet to low carb! X
I understand his doctor at walk-in centre prescribed ibuprofen for his injury. Which should be a temporary treatment for his severe pain. Hopefully now nearly healed. Eh? @JohnnyBaker12021970?