Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Earlier on I ate 1 slice of cheese on toast cut into 4 little squares and ate it up my table with an orange-handled knife and cyan-coloured fork. 2 hours after masticating the first mouthful (when the food had been digested) I tested my blood glucose again with my shiny blue and grey blood glucose TrueYou monitor and it read 7.4. Since then I ate a tiny toasted streaky bacon sandwich made with 1 toasted slice of Bloomer crusty white bread and 1 halved into two pieces rasher of streaky bacon of which I dribbled HP brown sauce and Heinz Tomato Ketchup over. My next blood glucose test is at 5:00 Post Meridian British Summer Time.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood glucose, at 5:00 Post Meridian British Summer Time, which is 2 Hours after eating my small toasted bacon sandwich was 7.3.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
At 6:15 this evening after I took my teatime medication in my dossett box, I took my blood glucose. It was an awesome 6.6!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my dear friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the DCUK Forum,

My Carer came this morning and supervised me to take my medication and folded all of my clothes on the clothes airer in the kitchen and stacked them all neatly on top of my chest of drawers in my bedroom and she also put all my urine soaked bed linen in the washing machine and put it on for me. Another Carer is coming this evening to give me my medication and to take out the laundry and hang it up and help me to sort out the bottom of my wardrobe in my bedroom and tidy up the bathroom cupboard. Max couldn't pay me back the thirty pounds I lent him last Tuesday even though his Job Seeker's Allowance went in yesterday because he has lost his Nat West bank card and he says once it's reported lost it takes a whole week before they send you another one. I have a small amount of food, which include a few Classic Roast Chicken ready meals, a packet of pork chops, a pizza, some brown spaghetti and white spaghetti and some brown rice and white rice but nothing much else.

I also have just over ninety pence in my purse which is a blackish grey with beautiful flowers on, the creation of the Lord.

My fasting blood glucose reading today at 8:59 Ante Meridian British Summer Time was 7.2 mmol/L.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose reading at 10:39 Ante Meridian British Summer Time is 6.8 mmol/L. I haven't eaten anything yet.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
At 11:59 Ante Meridian British Summer Time I ate a sausage sandwich made from 2 unbuttered slices of Bloomer crusty white bread and 3 Richmond pork sausages with a dribble of HP brown sauce over the pork sausages. And at 3:00 Post Meridian British Summer time I ate a ready meal (quite high in saturated fat, sodium and glucose, I hope not too much!) that comprised a chicken breast with the skin still intact, 8 small roast potatoes, garden peas and sliced carrots and gravy. I cooked the ready meal in my 700 watt microwave oven for 7 minutes without the stuffing ball that came with it then 1 extra minute. At 5:00 Post Meridian British Summer Time I shall test my blood glucose again. I'm now keeping a food diary schedule, too.

Reactions: Petaluk and ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, my dear friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the DCUK Forum,

My Carer came this morning and supervised me to take my medication and folded all of my clothes on the clothes airer in the kitchen and stacked them all neatly on top of my chest of drawers in my bedroom and she also put all my urine soaked bed linen in the washing machine and put it on for me. Another Carer is coming this evening to give me my medication and to take out the laundry and hang it up and help me to sort out the bottom of my wardrobe in my bedroom and tidy up the bathroom cupboard. Max couldn't pay me back the thirty pounds I lent him last Tuesday even though his Job Seeker's Allowance went in yesterday because he has lost his Nat West bank card and he says once it's reported lost it takes a whole week before they send you another one. I have a small amount of food, which include a few Classic Roast Chicken ready meals, a packet of pork chops, a pizza, some brown spaghetti and white spaghetti and some brown rice and white rice but nothing much else.

I also have just over ninety pence in my purse which is a blackish grey with beautiful flowers on, the creation of the Lord.

My fasting blood glucose reading today at 8:59 Ante Meridian British Summer Time was 7.2 mmol/L.
Well Max can arrange something with his bank manager til his card is available. Not fair he has strung you a fib. IF... that is the case.
Try him again for part of the £30 he owes you, if you feel comfortable to press him further?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose reading at 5:50 Post Meridian British Summer Time is a brilliant 6.4 mmol/L.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Well Max can arrange something with his bank manager til his card is available. Not fair he has strung you a fib. IF... that is the case.
Try him again for part of the £30 he owes you, if you feel comfortable to press him further?
I feel a bit afraid to ask him for some of the £30.00 even though the financial provision of it would guarantee me some nice, tasty food. I'm a bit fearful of his response, @ickihun, my lovely friend. I know the good book says "The Lord did not give us the spirit of fear and timidity but power, courage and a sound mind." I feel really vulnerable to Max sometimes even though in many ways he's been quite a good source of support. I'm glad he's sober at the moment, it makes my stress load a lot less of a burden when he's not heavily inebriated. The reason why I lent him the thirty pounds was to pay (a) his contribution to his rent and (b) his council tax installment. I don't know if he paid for it, I'd like to think he did, I just want him to be happy and blessed by Jesus and be delivered from his bondage to alcoholism and nicotine. That's my prayer for him.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life Thread of the DCUK Forum,

Last night at 10:21 Post Meridian British Summer Time I ate a delicious meal that Max cooked me when he was sober of 2 sauteed, then roasted pork chops and fluffy, white boiled rice with a lovely sauce comprising tinned chopped tomatoes, finely chopped garlic and finely chopped onion and salt and pepper and half a teaspoonful of mild chilli powder. Then I went to bed and had a good, restful night's sleep and awoke this morning to the birds chirping and singing in the trees and ate some cold boiled white rice and some of Max's tomato, onion and garlic sauce. My Carer is coming today at 8:00 Ante Meridian British Summer Time to supervise me in taking my medication and I'm going to ask her to wash my crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils and fold up the dry bed linen and clothing on the clothes airer in the kitchen.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm now 220 Days Quit from my Tobacco Misuse Addiction and Habituation.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life Thread oif the DCUK Forum,

My blood glucose reading at 2:54 Post Meridian British Summer Time on this day Monday 2nd July 2018 in the Common Era was 7.7. At 12:18 Post Meridian, today, British Summer Time, I ate two slices of melted mild Cheddar cheese on toasted Bloomer crusty white bread with sesame seeds distributed over the crust.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi all , just checking in to see how everyone is . Yesterday Ron and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary, yeah we're still going haven't killed him yet . Has anyone else been suffering with really dry skin . Ron had it really bad on his feet but since I've been washing them for him every night and applying Gluco Rx Allpresan they have greatly improved . Just the rest of his body to sort now . Next Monday we attend Derby hospital again for his physio appointment. Will let you know how he gets on.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi all , just checking in to see how everyone is . Yesterday Ron and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary, yeah we're still going haven't killed him yet . Has anyone else been suffering with really dry skin . Ron had it really bad on his feet but since I've been washing them for him every night and applying Gluco Rx Allpresan they have greatly improved . Just the rest of his body to sort now . Next Monday we attend Derby hospital again for his physio appointment. Will let you know how he gets on.
My physio on 17th.
Just received surgeon appointment for bariatric op. Gulp! :nailbiting:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
'm now cooking a chicken, carrot, potato, swede, spring greens, broccoli and cauliflower soup with chopped onion, chicken seasoning and chicken stock cubes, dissolved. i chopped and washed all the vegetables all by myself. i'm cooking the chicken and vegetable soup in my dutch pot. also, a carer called chantelle came today and telephoned holistic community care from her mobile and queried my supposed cancellation of my care hours. i misunderstood! i'm scheduled to have carers mondays to saturdays twice a day. the only day i don't have carers is sunday.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
P
'm now cooking a chicken, carrot, potato, swede, spring greens, broccoli and cauliflower soup with chopped onion, chicken seasoning and chicken stock cubes, dissolved. i chopped and washed all the vegetables all by myself. i'm cooking the chicken and vegetable soup in my dutch pot. also, a carer called chantelle came today and telephoned holistic community care from her mobile and queried my supposed cancellation of my care hours. i misunderstood! i'm scheduled to have carers mondays to saturdays twice a day. the only day i don't have carers is sunday.
Phew! I didn't realise because no carer came Sunday that was why you thought cancelled immediately. I thought you had been told just for a few weeks and in a few weeks it would be finished. DURR. Me. I'm so stupid.
I'm delighted we were both wrong Johnny. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron's had a very tiring day . The hospital appointment was not for physio as he was told . Instead we had to see a therapist . We sat talking to her for nearly 2 hours . She wanted to go through Ron's medical history for the past 2 years . I told her we'd done all this with the doctor 2 months ago. Yet we had to do it all again . A complete waste of a day. Can someone tell me why don't hospitals have air con in consulting rooms . After nearly an hour I felt myself wanting to nod off. I could see Ron getting tired . Honestly I couldn't get out of there fast enough. We're back there in August .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron's had a very tiring day . The hospital appointment was not for physio as he was told . Instead we had to see a therapist . We sat talking to her for nearly 2 hours . She wanted to go through Ron's medical history for the past 2 years . I told her we'd done all this with the doctor 2 months ago. Yet we had to do it all again . A complete waste of a day. Can someone tell me why don't hospitals have air con in consulting rooms . After nearly an hour I felt myself wanting to nod off. I could see Ron getting tired . Honestly I couldn't get out of there fast enough. We're back there in August .
Thats strange as my physio does alot of talking too. I'm back their next week. Day before I meet bariatric surgeon. I hope I'm not told NO. Soooo nervous.
With a very very stressful Mr ickihun tomorrow to sort out some paperwork in town.
5yr old was diagnosed with autistic spectrum today. He's oblivious but a happy boy. Other than night terrors. We are going to get some help, at last.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
She's given Ron leaflets on carbohydrates written by The B.D.A. Also glycaemic index . Information on cfs and diet . Plus info on cfs it's self . He's also got a weekly activity sheet to fill out . She also said about group therapy sessions but they don't start until September but we can't get there for the time slots . Plus if Ron wants to go down this route I think he would be better on a one to one . As it's more tailored to his needs . Where as group sessions are more wide open.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Awoke early with rumbling tummy. We made sugar free cakes yesterday but blender part which chops dark chocolate or nuts etc... came from Italy (separately from main machine) is broke already. I need it fixing or new one fast, for op. I don't fancy posting it back but hoping Marcus can do something with its lose plastic to metal attachment. Which has softened with heat of blending and come apart. Humf!!!
I might have to buy a separate machine.... for now. I'll see what I can afford. Argh!!!
Hope you all slept better.