ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How are @ickihun and @heh and @13lizanne and @eldergarth and @tina_marie?

Max was a bit obstreperous yesterday and this morning and accused me of not being caring which I know isn't true but I've been ruminating over it, going over it in my mind again and again. I find out about my 24-hour care assisted living accommodation tomorrow at 11:30 am. I've been placed as a high priority because of my vulnerability. I've been maintaining my prayer life and have been praying for @ickihun, @heh, @eldergarth and @tina_marie and everyone with type 2 and type 1 diabetes on this Forum. My diet hasn't been very good and I'm really struggling with the fab LCHF diet. My blood glucose today was 8.1.

My blood pressure the other day with the additional Doxazosin tablet of 4 mg was very good, though, and was 132/66, so that is good. I'm now 213 over 7 months quit from my tobacco misuse but becoming dependant on the nicotine replacement therapy oral sprays. My smoking cessation nurse is concerned it's going to affect my heart.

God bless you and prayers to you all forever in eternity.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.
Hi Johnny. I pray for you too.
It will all be in God's time. Wanting children for 15yrs without any near misses and in a 10yr marriage, taught me that.
We are here for you to moan on and vent your frustration (minus fully spelt swear words thou). Use this forum for what makes you feel better. No names or address, unless in private messages. We will listen.
I can hear your frustration which seems unlike you.
You need to find peace and a relaxing way to chill out.
I'm guessing too many people knocking on your door?
I wish i could loan you my bodyguard friend but he's so busy sorting out his own life now he is a good dad.

Whenever I pop down south in the future (hopefully after op) I will look you up and give you some support. Nothing will stop me. You are my dear friend.
I need you to buy a second hand relaxation CD and listen to it lying on your sofa. Or in the bath but not a full bath.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi johnny Ron and I are doing OK thanks. We're still plodding on . Ron has decided that after Tuesday he's doing without metformin as it doesn't seem to have any affect on bgs . Plus he's still having trouble swallowing . The nurse is aware of the problem but won't issue an alternative . The Dr at Derby royal has also written to our gp stating that he is choking but gp hasn't done nothing about it . Hope your all enjoying the hot weather , seems we have more to come.
If he give Ron regular metformin they can be crushed. I've asked a few chemists now.
I added weight when not on metformin. It is slowly reducing again and half the insulin to keep me in single figures.
But I know I'm not Ron so it is important to do what works for your bg health.
Having to pop off now but hope everyone is OK. :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good afternoon, my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the forum,

I've just got back from the mental health team where I saw my care coordinator and she's going to panel tomorrow for my fantastic supported housing in a twenty-four hour setting tomorrow. I prayed for Max to calm down and be a bit better behaved and guess what? It worked! Jesus must have had a very consoling effect on his unpredictable mood and although he's still drinking a lot of cider he's a lot more civil. He pointed out that there was a strong smell of burning in my flat which we both decided was from the toast for my toasted bacon sandwiches and Max didn't recommend cooking bacon in my 700-watt capacity microwave oven, either. In my 24-hour care home, I shall have supervision with all these things as well as helping me to establish a set of good, firm routines about my ablutions, domestic skills and cooking and eating little but often to manage my diabetes. I'm now praying to Jesus that the panel award me a place in one of these establishments. My mental health team had worked very hard to get me into this supported housing and I want to make them very proud of me indeed and I want to make all my online friends very proud of me, too.

I'm so sorry for the negativity in my last post, Jesus wants us to be joyful because that is one of the fruits of the holy spirit mentioned by St Paul in the book of Galatians chapter 5.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good afternoon, my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the forum,

I've just got back from the mental health team where I saw my care coordinator and she's going to panel tomorrow for my fantastic supported housing in a twenty-four hour setting tomorrow. I prayed for Max to calm down and be a bit better behaved and guess what? It worked! Jesus must have had a very consoling effect on his unpredictable mood and although he's still drinking a lot of cider he's a lot more civil. He pointed out that there was a strong smell of burning in my flat which we both decided was from the toast for my toasted bacon sandwiches and Max didn't recommend cooking bacon in my 700-watt capacity microwave oven, either. In my 24-hour care home, I shall have supervision with all these things as well as helping me to establish a set of good, firm routines about my ablutions, domestic skills and cooking and eating little but often to manage my diabetes. I'm now praying to Jesus that the panel award me a place in one of these establishments. My mental health team had worked very hard to get me into this supported housing and I want to make them very proud of me indeed and I want to make all my online friends very proud of me, too.

I'm so sorry for the negativity in my last post, Jesus wants us to be joyful because that is one of the fruits of the holy spirit mentioned by St Paul in the book of Galatians chapter 5.

:) :) :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I ran out of sweetener tablets this afternoon and at two or three different times of this afternoon made decaffeinated coffees with Marvel milk powder and 3 teaspoonfuls of granulated sugar each. I also ate a Sainsbury's classic roast chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes and peas and gravy ready meal. Max was crashing about in the kitchen a bit as he was tidying the wares but he was in a very loving mood and said he enjoyed my company. What a superb answer to prayer! Praise Jesus! I've also been praying for my ADL's (activities of daily living). The Lord said to feed upon Psalm 31. My blood glucose at 4:57 Post Meridian British summer time was 11.9. I wish I had money to buy sweetener tablets!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Max has calmed down a considerable amount and we had a lovely chat in the sitting room of my council flat and reminisced about our beautiful childhoods and had a lovely chat together. It's just amazing and so awesome what the power of prayer can do. Jesus is so faithful to answer all our prayer petitions as he died on Calvary Cros for our problems and anxieties and wrongdoings. Jesus really answered my prayers about Max and renewed a clean spirit within him. And Max decided to show gratitude to both Jesus and me for our gracious kindnesses and is cooking a delicious spring green and carrot soup which he is going to add some chicken to. That should be very LCHF-friendly. I'm also letting him stay here tonight because he carelessly and mistakingly left his house keys on the self service checkout at our local Lidl supermarket until tomorrow morning when he can get them back and he's been making himself useful by cleaning and preparing glasses of water and cups of coffee for me and I think I am going to drink sugarless coffee with marvel milk powder from now on like I did a few weeks ago on the type 2 life thread. My blood glucose at 1:59 postmeridian British summer time is 7.2, which is a big improvement. I'm really looking forward to eating this chicken and vegetable soup that Max has prepared and I am sure it shall be very nutritious. Today, my care coordinator goes to the panel to decide my future in independent living in a high support 24-hour care flat which should be a vast improvement from where I am living at present. I'm praying that I get it, I really need it and I believe it will help me put in place a lot of good, structured routines and practices that will perhaps save my life in the long term such as taking regular showers, eating three times a day, good balanced meals like the meals I was accustomed to in my fab 1970's childhood when I used to eat the produce off of our allotment plot with the lean meat and minimal carbs and the lovely big Sunday roast dinners with sherry trifle and all the other things like salad with raw onion, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and sweet peppers and spring onions.

Prayers for @ickihun, @13lizanne, @eldergarth, and @tina_marie and @heh and others.

Reactions: ickihun and Guzzler

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Max has calmed down a considerable amount and we had a lovely chat in the sitting room of my council flat and reminisced about our beautiful childhoods and had a lovely chat together. It's just amazing and so awesome what the power of prayer can do. Jesus is so faithful to answer all our prayer petitions as he died on Calvary Cros for our problems and anxieties and wrongdoings. Jesus really answered my prayers about Max and renewed a clean spirit within him. And Max decided to show gratitude to both Jesus and me for our gracious kindnesses and is cooking a delicious spring green and carrot soup which he is going to add some chicken to. That should be very LCHF-friendly. I'm also letting him stay here tonight because he carelessly and mistakingly left his house keys on the self service checkout at our local Lidl supermarket until tomorrow morning when he can get them back and he's been making himself useful by cleaning and preparing glasses of water and cups of coffee for me and I think I am going to drink sugarless coffee with marvel milk powder from now on like I did a few weeks ago on the type 2 life thread. My blood glucose at 1:59 postmeridian British summer time is 7.2, which is a big improvement. I'm really looking forward to eating this chicken and vegetable soup that Max has prepared and I am sure it shall be very nutritious. Today, my care coordinator goes to the panel to decide my future in independent living in a high support 24-hour care flat which should be a vast improvement from where I am living at present. I'm praying that I get it, I really need it and I believe it will help me put in place a lot of good, structured routines and practices that will perhaps save my life in the long term such as taking regular showers, eating three times a day, good balanced meals like the meals I was accustomed to in my fab 1970's childhood when I used to eat the produce off of our allotment plot with the lean meat and minimal carbs and the lovely big Sunday roast dinners with sherry trifle and all the other things like salad with raw onion, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and sweet peppers and spring onions.

Prayers for @ickihun, @13lizanne, @eldergarth, and @tina_marie and @heh and others.

Johnny - Fingers well and truly crossed for you in your quest for supported accommodation. It sounds just the job for you.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've been under a lot of stress worrying about whether or not I shall be approved by the Panel for 24-hour care supported accommodation. I've also been feeling very lonely/isolated and although Max keeps me company from time to time his behavior and the little digs at me upset me. He's only just given me my keys back after I lent them to him and I was getting really worked up and stressed worried about my neighbors and my tenancy. I'm a really vulnerable person surely the Panel will approve me?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good News! My care coordinator told me on the phone today that the lovely, caring Panel has approved me a place in a 24-hour care supported housing flat which will provide capacity for independent living activities. They suggested an option of 2 establishments, slightly further out than this area where I'm at high-risk for my care coordinator to look into with staff on call 24 hours a day, and 365 days a year. In the interim period, the Panel awarded an increase of hours for domestic home care workers to come in to assist me and support me with my activities of daily living including medication, cooking, domestics, self-care/bathing and one-to-one socialization. These mew interim period care hours will be operational possibly next week. My care coordinator thinks I will really like these supported housing establishments and the staff will be able to monitor who comes to visit me and make sure I'm safe. My care coordinator says a new diagnosis of learning disability has been added to my Asperger Syndrome/Adult ADHD, not with regards to literacy but numeracy and inability to spot risk factors. I also have dyscalculia, one of the reasons why my budgeting is so poor.

Lots of love to all my friends from JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD and Moderate Learning Disability (dyscalculia).

Reactions: heh

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Good News! My care coordinator told me on the phone today that the lovely, caring Panel has approved me a place in a 24-hour care supported housing flat which will provide capacity for independent living activities. They suggested an option of 2 establishments, slightly further out than this area where I'm at high-risk for my care coordinator to look into with staff on call 24 hours a day, and 365 days a year. In the interim period, the Panel awarded an increase of hours for domestic home care workers to come in to assist me and support me with my activities of daily living including medication, cooking, domestics, self-care/bathing and one-to-one socialization. These mew interim period care hours will be operational possibly next week. My care coordinator thinks I will really like these supported housing establishments and the staff will be able to monitor who comes to visit me and make sure I'm safe. My care coordinator says a new diagnosis of learning disability has been added to my Asperger Syndrome/Adult ADHD, not with regards to literacy but numeracy and inability to spot risk factors. I also have dyscalculia, one of the reasons why my budgeting is so poor.

Lots of love to all my friends from JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD and Moderate Learning Disability (dyscalculia).

Johnny you are a winner! Very well done and congratulations. Do you know when you will be able to move?

Here's to a new chapter in your life and no one deserves it more!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Oh Johnny that is brilliant news! I'm soooo happy for you.
Wow. New friends too. My friend is in sheltered accommodation and they have entertainment and days out. I'm hoping you will have the same as well as 24hr support.
I'm so happy for you.
How long will it take?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my lovely, kind friends on the Type 2 Life Thread of the DCUK Forum,

My Blood Glucose Reading this morning after eating a third of a bowl of Max's homemade vegetable soup and 3 smoked glass mugs of decaffeinated instant coffee, milk and three teaspoonfuls of granulated sugar each was 13.6. I lit a Prayer Candle for @ickihun this morning and prayed for healing/treatment of her diverse medical conditions and I also prayed for Mr.Ickihun and her little boy, too. I prayed that Mr God would pour out a special blessing on her that spans the whole of eternity. While I was still in meditative prayer, I lifted @eldergarth and @tina_marie to the Lord, too.

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Oh Johnny that is brilliant news! I'm soooo happy for you.
Wow. New friends too. My friend is in sheltered accommodation and they have entertainment and days out. I'm hoping you will have the same as well as 24hr support.
I'm so happy for you.
How long will it take?
It will be sooner rather than later, my dear @ickihun. I'm a High Risk and High Priority Mental Health Service User so my Care Coordinator is working really hard with the Panel to apportion funding and provision for me. I'm grateful to Jesus, for this. He loves me so much He suffered on That Old Rugged Cross for my redemption. He's moved in the hearts of the community mental health teams and I love him unrequitably and unconditionally. Prayers for you too, @ickihun. And for your husband and your little boy.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
this afternoon i very naughtily drank 7 smoked-glass mugs of decaffeinated instant coffee with milk and 3 teaspoonfuls of granulated sugar each and 3 bowls of honey nut cornflakes and milk and 2 whole toasted grilled streaky bacon sandwiches. my blood glucose reading now was 19.3. i wish i hadn't eaten all that food. i love eating but it's affecting my health and making me poorly. a lot of my mood swings and negativity could be caused by my high blood sugars. my friend steve experiences the same with his type 2 diabetes. my adult adhd doesn't help matters much at all. i'm going to drink tap water now, lay off the nosh and let my lixisenatide bring my blood glucose level down.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my lovely friends on Type 2 Life,

I am posting to inform you all that my fasting blood glucose reading today is 11.2.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
this afternoon i very naughtily drank 7 smoked-glass mugs of decaffeinated instant coffee with milk and 3 teaspoonfuls of granulated sugar each and 3 bowls of honey nut cornflakes and milk and 2 whole toasted grilled streaky bacon sandwiches. my blood glucose reading now was 19.3. i wish i hadn't eaten all that food. i love eating but it's affecting my health and making me poorly. a lot of my mood swings and negativity could be caused by my high blood sugars. my friend steve experiences the same with his type 2 diabetes. my adult adhd doesn't help matters much at all. i'm going to drink tap water now, lay off the nosh and let my lixisenatide bring my blood glucose level down.
It sounds like a celebratory feast. I hear many none alcohol drinkers celebrate with food. You were entitled to your mini celebration. You're good news was indeed worth celebrating. Now.
Where can you get a stock pile of sweeteners? Do you want me to send you some from one of our cheap shops? I won't provide my address and only private message me yours once you've oked it with your carer. DON'T POST IT ON HERE. Or ask your carer to set up a P. O. BOX address as a few of us might what to send you a home warming celebratory card.
Ask your carer first.
I think a P. O. BOX address would work well for you and your friends. See what carer thinks?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I saw the dietitian at my local doctor's surgery and the dietitian weighed me and took my blood pressure. My weight was 14 stones 1 pounds and my blood pressure was 141/69 and my blood glucose was an amazing 6.4! This is due to the fact that I've cut granulated sugar out of my instant decaffeinated coffee with semi-skimmed milk! I'm also 218 days quit from my tobacco misuse!

Reactions: tina_marie