Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
What possessed you to eat that? And yes, I'm aware of your conditions and lifestyle
I don't know, @Mike D, I don't know. I acted without thinking as individuals with Adult ADHD, like myself, can be incredibly impulsive and be in possession of attention deficits and boundary issues which can significantly affect their decision making and doing things in moderation skills. My Asperger Syndrome sensory difficulties in my tendency to crave stodgy, starchy or carb-rich foods can affect my ability to show strict compliance to a well-implemented, highly-researched dietary programme like the LCHF Diet, regrettably and sadly. My Christian faith should equip me with the ability to pray for self-control which as St Pauls Epistle to the Galatians in Chapter 5 lists as being one of the fruits of the Spirit. My body's biochemistry and anatomy is the Temple of the Living God and he endows us with the responsibility to uphold, maintain and look after it. May the wrath of God my Father be upon me for my sinful transgression!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm so sorry to hear about your trapped nerve affecting your typing, @ickihun, my dear, sweet friend. My prayers are ongoing for your healing. I believe Mr God and his beloved son Jesus Christ do really supernatural things and I believe Jesus, in conjunction to healthcare facilities, can make you better. I do worry about you, @ickihun.

My blood sugar reading was a lot better today standing at 7.8 millimoles per litre.
Oh Johnny I've had to miss one amitripyline painkiller as I'm just dopped up and in bed more. I think it's affecting my liver and iron levels. Now with a cold I'm struggling but I can move my arm away from my body now so I'm hoping for no setback, like I constantly have with my leg, bum and toes.

I watched a TV programme about bariatric treatments and it's given me confidence again.
I really cannot wait to lose more weight and get my life back. :)

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood sugar at 2:00 PM GMT was 12.6. Today all I've eaten is a bacon sandwich.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

mtc2300

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't been sick this winter (yet?). Could it be the amount of vegetables and vitamins from my weekly calf liver dish?

Reactions: Ponchu and heh

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron’s has his hba1c results ... it’s gone up a bit to 68 but the more worrying result is the liver ... it’s 77 and for that reason drs want to repeat it . Thyroid results show normal . HDL was 5.8 and LDL was 3.4

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ron’s has his hba1c results ... it’s gone up a bit to 68 but the more worrying result is the liver ... it’s 77 and for that reason drs want to repeat it . Thyroid results show normal . HDL was 5.8 and LDL was 3.4
@tina_marie - Please, PLEASE don't accept that his thyroid is normal. That's not that I think or know it isn't but the thyroid is so important to our whole body management system, and some GPs are content to leave some dodgy thyroid readings, when the person isn't complaining specifically.

With your husband's multiple issues he probably has lots of thyroid symptoms. Thyroid symptoms tend to be quite general things, like fatigue, struggling to keep weight under control, hair thinking, some joint pain. See what I mean? If you can find out what his scores actually are I'd be happy to help, if required.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Please, PLEASE don't accept that his thyroid is normal. That's not that I think or know it isn't but the thyroid is so important to our whole body management system, and some GPs are content to leave some dodgy thyroid readings, when the person isn't complaining specifically.

With your husband's multiple issues he probably has lots of thyroid symptoms. Thyroid symptoms tend to be quite general things, like fatigue, struggling to keep weight under control, hair thinking, some joint pain. See what I mean? If you can find out what his scores actually are I'd be happy to help, if required.

Thank you I will . He’s not been good today . Had another one of his relapse days . This is the 5th one since the new year .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you I will . He’s not been good today . Had another one of his relapse days . This is the 5th one since the new year .

Oh dear. You guys could just do with some sort of lucky break.

Let me know if I can help

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes

Have got his results .....
Serum TSH level 1.6 mu/L(0.3-4.2)
AST serum level 29u/L (0.0-35.0)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have got his results .....
Serum TSH level 1.6 mu/L(0.3-4.2)
AST serum level 29u/L (0.0-35.0)

Thanks Tina_Marie - Both of those levels are well within the "normal range".

As I understant it, from a bit of reading, most GPs only start to be interested in ASTs over about 40, although they'll want to keep and eye on anything skirting round the edges of the lab's reference ranges - in your case 10-35.

ElderGarth's TSH is probably holding it's own there, although not in the Endo considered optimal range (optimal being someone with good funtion).

In UK, most GPs aren't interested in scores under 5, even where there are symptoms, and of no symptoms exists, don't treat under 10.

Like many things, how well an individual does at a particular level is personal to them, but in isolation and no defitine thyroid concerns, if it were me, I might be looking elsewhere (but not ignoring this altogether, I'd want it tested regularly, as it can change on a day to day basis - pesky stuff!)

He does go through it.

Sorry I don't have any lightbulb stuff here. In your shoes, I'd be as frustrated as heck too.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thanks Tina_Marie - Both of those levels are well within the "normal range".

As I understant it, from a bit of reading, most GPs only start to be interested in ASTs over about 40, although they'll want to keep and eye on anything skirting round the edges of the lab's reference ranges - in your case 10-35.

ElderGarth's TSH is probably holding it's own there, although not in the Endo considered optimal range (optimal being someone with good funtion).

In UK, most GPs aren't interested in scores under 5, even where there are symptoms, and of no symptoms exists, don't treat under 10.

Like many things, how well an individual does at a particular level is personal to them, but in isolation and no defitine thyroid concerns, if it were me, I might be looking elsewhere (but not ignoring this altogether, I'd want it tested regularly, as it can change on a day to day basis - pesky stuff!)

He does go through it.

Sorry I don't have any lightbulb stuff here. In your shoes, I'd be as frustrated as heck too.

His liver function test is the one there concerned about.
Serum alanine aminotransferase level 77u/L (0.0-45.0)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
His liver function test is the one there concerned about.
Serum alanine aminotransferase level 77u/L (0.0-45.0)
Has he had coeliac testing yet? The liver deals with so many things, and so many things can knock it off balance.

As I've said before, you pair just need a couple of lucky breaks along the way.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Has he had coeliac testing yet? The liver deals with so many things, and so many things can knock it off balance.

As I've said before, you pair just need a couple of lucky breaks along the way.

No not yet . They want to repeat the blood test at the end of the month .

Ponchu

I haven't been sick this winter (yet?). Could it be the amount of vegetables and vitamins from my weekly calf liver dish?

We have missed the onset of winter illness—large family

Except for the one who thought bone broth was antiquated wives’ tale.

He’s on it now.

Reactions: ickihun