ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've added NO weight this Christmas. A first I think for me.
I used Dapagliflozin and side effects from IBS kept my weight down.
IBS was very painful but it has prevented weight gain.
Maybe I will lose even more weight now Xmas is over. There was loads of carbs I didn't buy this year.
I decided quality was better than quantity.

How is everyone else?

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I'm fine, @ickihun, my lovely friend, I'm waiting patiently for my http://www.sharedlivesplus.org.uk assisted-living accommodation. I haven't eaten very much in the last couple of days but I had a very interesting roast lamb, roast potatoes, cauliflower and cabbage meal around my friend Ioanna's flat.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Wish I had a crystal ball . Could we start the year again? Now having my son stay with us as he’s had a breakdown .

Simha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Wishing you al stable bs and feeling as well as possible.
So sorry to read about tina_marie's start of the year. Hope your support will help your son to find his inner strength again.

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
i've been feeling really weak and achy and just generally unwell in myself recently.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Have you seen a doctor?
i saw a lady doctor yesterday, my oxygen levels were normal, my temperature was normal, my urine was normal, my blood pressure was normal, my blood sugar was 12.7 and my pulse was normal. the doctor says my ill, weak feeling was caused by a very concerning level of stress which manifested itself as anxiety in my moderate to severe asperger syndrome.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i saw a lady doctor yesterday, my oxygen levels were normal, my temperature was normal, my urine was normal, my blood pressure was normal, my blood sugar was 12.7 and my pulse was normal. the doctor says my ill, weak feeling was caused by a very concerning level of stress which manifested itself as anxiety in my moderate to severe asperger syndrome.
I hope you feel better soon Johnny.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I hope you feel better soon Johnny.
I hope I feel a lot better soon, too, @heh, my friend. I had a very good LCHF meal yesterday of four hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes with a knob of margarine, and salt and pepper, which were out of a can and warmed up in a saucepan on number 6 on my hob of my electric stove. I boiled the eggs for ten minutes.

My Carer came this morning and swept my sitting room and kitchen floor and wiped the kitchen work tops and did some vigorous dish washing. She also gave me my morning medication.

My fasting blood glucose reading this morning was 8.1. Last night it was 6.6!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I didn't fare very well with my adherence to the low-carb diet this morning when I had my favourite breakfast snack of two slices of toasted white Kingsmill bread spread with thick-cut orange marmalade. i also have been drinking glasses of beautiful, cold, refreshing tap water.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi
I'm so slow in typing now due to a trapped nerve in my neck which affects my right arm. I'm really put off posting.

I have to take so long to reply or post that I'm making a right mess of long posts.
I'm not sure if I will be posting again til after my operation. No set date but I'm hopeful for February or March.

Miss you all.
Regards ickihun.
Ps. I will stick to PMs, if I'm able to reply swift.

Reactions: tina_marie

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
I'm so slow in typing now due to a trapped nerve in my neck which affects my right arm. I'm really put off posting.

I have to take so long to reply or post that I'm making a right mess of long posts.
I'm not sure if I will be posting again til after my operation. No set date but I'm hopeful for February or March.

Miss you all.
Regards ickihun.
Ps. I will stick to PMs, if I'm able to reply swift.
Hope you get your op soon and the trapped nerve sorts itself out.

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm so sorry to hear about your trapped nerve affecting your typing, @ickihun, my dear, sweet friend. My prayers are ongoing for your healing. I believe Mr God and his beloved son Jesus Christ do really supernatural things and I believe Jesus, in conjunction to healthcare facilities, can make you better. I do worry about you, @ickihun.

My blood sugar reading was a lot better today standing at 7.8 millimoles per litre.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
my blood sugar at 2:02 pm gmt on friday 18th january 2019 ce after eating a large plate of chips fried in cooking oil in my frying pan was 21.1.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
It’s not been a good day for Ron . He’s had another relapse , third one since last Sunday. Only today he has been in bed from 1am until 7.30pm. Blood sugars have been good all in the 6’s this week . He hasn’t been at all hungry today , but when he got up tonight he had to eat as they had dropped into the low 4s. His next appointment at Derby isn’t until mid February.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
my blood sugar at 2:02 pm gmt on friday 18th january 2019 ce after eating a large plate of chips fried in cooking oil in my frying pan was 21.1.

What possessed you to eat that? And yes, I'm aware of your conditions and lifestyle

Reactions: Ponchu

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
This evening at 5:05 Post Meridian, Greenwich Mean Time, today, Saturday 19th January 2019 CE I cooked all by myself Penne Pasta with Tomatoes and Black Beans, made from the following ingredients:-

(1) 1 Mug of Penne Pasta
(2) 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
(3) 1 Carton of Black Beans in Water
(4) 2 Squirts of Tomato Puree
(5) 1 Pinch of Table Salt
(6) Finely Ground Black Pepper
(7) 1 Dessertspoonful of Flora Light Margarine
(8) 2 Squirts of HP Brown Sauce

Blood Glucose Reading at 9:33 Post Meridian, Greenwich Mean Time:- 14.0 Millimoles Per Litre.

Maybe some Low-Carb Celeriac cut into chips would have been far more healthy for my insulin-resistant type 2 diabetes mellitus than high-carb density Penne Pasta. Plus the added glucose in the two squirts of HP Brown Sauce could have been omitted. I'm sure there's added glucose in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and the cartoned, processed black beans, too.

Shame on me!