Type 2 Life

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Saw Asthma nurse yesterday who has given me nebulizer antibiotics and added another drug into my nebulizers to reduce the mucus. I am also on saline nebs. Diabetic clinic was OK I am adjusting my morning insulin between 10- 16 units depending on my prednesolone (steriods) dose. Had a bit better nights sleep last night. Very cold in London wrap up warm guys.
Hope your feeling better soon lizanne

Reactions: 9 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thank you my friend, I hope that the adjustment in meds will help you. At least my cold will be over in a week or so, you live permanently with your asthma and other ailments and do so uncomplainingly. You're pretty terrific you know @loulou99782

Reactions: 10 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I had a much better nights sleep last night so I'm back down to 6.3 this morning. Going to get weighed at the doctors soon and meeting a good friend later so glad I'm feeling a bit better! I think I was overheating last night, I also have hot flushes so turning the heating up full blast wasn't a good idea!

Reactions: 11 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you my friend, I hope that the adjustment in meds will help you. At least my cold will be over in a week or so, you live permanently with your asthma and other ailments and do so uncomplainingly. You're pretty terrific you know @loulou99782
Sometimes I have a moan. You should hear me when I have had a rough night coughing and wheezing and someone gets on my nerves

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Opps forgot to add earlier Hb1cA 7.8% its gone up since November when it was 6.6%. I know I have had a infection etc

Reactions: 8 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@loulou99782 I hope you get back to your lower bgs soon. :)
@13lizanne get well soon hun. TLC for you young lady. Sending hugs and best wishes. :)
Hope everyone stays warm and healthy this month and next.
For once my veg feasts haven't landed me a cold but there's always time. I'm always last. Ha ha
Ps. Partner did toddler duty last night after an hour long moan from me. :-\

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 6.2 and stilk no sleep for me, I hope my GD starts sleeping properly soon or I might need to be sent away for a break, whew. @hankjam Im glad the falling toilet was just in a dream, that wouldnt be a good thing to wake up to :) @13lizanne hopefully you get over your cold soon, theres nothing worse than it dragging on. @loulou99782 hopefully the new drug added to the nebulizer helps and once winter is over you may be able to reduce your Hb once again. @Diamum5972 its great to hear you managed a good nights sleep. Good luck with the weigh in, enjoy meeting with your friend.

Reactions: 7 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello @4ratbags - still no sleep! I remember it well, going around with a head which felt full of cotton wool, distorted hearing, and not being able to think straight. You have my heartfelt prayers for a good sleep tonight x

Reactions: 5 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Oh Lizanne that brings it all back! Mine didn't sleep through the night till he was 6 so I was like a zombie when he first started school :) I had a good day today, I've lost half a pound and I had a good chinwag with my friend. Her daughter is autistic but was taken into care after she split up with her husband and my friend has been fighting to get her back ever since. Unfortunately social services have been messing her around so she's been feeling a bit down recently, but I was able to cheer her up with a girly day in town and a pub lunch

Reactions: 6 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My GD usually sleeps quite well most of the time but over Xmas she had 2 weeks off daycare and her sleeping has been off since starting back at daycare.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@4ratbags hope your granddaughter sleeps better tonight. Maybe the change of routine has unsettled her. Let's hope she soon gets back to sleep through the night ok

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Diamum5972 There's nothing like a girlie day out with a good friend, well done you
@4ratbags my lad has always been the same whenever routine is changed, stopped sleeping, eating and became generally grumpy. It took ages for him to go back to normal. p.s should we be on our ASD thread?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Just going to bed - forgot to post. FBG 5.5 and pre-dinner insulin 6.1 so good numbers. :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @loulou99782 another bad night? Poor you I slept like a log with just a few wakeful periods to sneeze & cough:) I don't know how you cope. Hope you have a lovely day

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @loulou99782 another bad night? Poor you I slept like a log with just a few wakeful periods to sneeze & cough:) I don't know how you cope. Hope you have a lovely day
You get used to it after a while. I am talking to the Asthma nurse from Guy's later, so will see what she says. It might hurry up my sleep study appointment. Have got a lung function test in march, that might show something

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning FBG of 7.1, bit high for but had a sumptuous supper at 11pm. Have a nice day ! :)

Reactions: 9 people