Type 2 Life

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning FBG 6.2

@loulou99782 it must be so frustrating having no control over your BS because of your meds, I really feel for you, I bet you cant wait for summer.
@Diamum5972 the yarn festival sounds great, we dont have anything like that here unfortunately. It sounds like your brothers sunday lunch will be a nice family day out, I hope you thoroughly enjoy it.
@13lizanne it will be great that your older boys are coming to visit, hopefully you will start to feel better soon.
Some proper cold weather to kill all the bugs first would be great them some warmer weather would be bliss

Reactions: 5 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, having breakfast after FBG of 5.5 mmol/l :)

Reactions: 7 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning, another 6.8 today :) I'm off out for the day, a yarn shop in Birmingham is having an open day today so I'm going to go over there and indulge. I want to knit myself a cardigan so I'm going to get a sweater quantity at a bargain price (I love a bargain - must be my Scottish blood!)

Reactions: 8 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Bargains - That's our girl @Diamum5972 enjoy your day you deserve it
Glad you got a better sleep @loulou99782 hope that is the change of meds x
I'm off out with hubby for a wee stroll along the sea shore, glands are still swollen so I look like a chipmunk :)

Reactions: 5 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Lol enjoy your walk, hope it's not too windy! I'm leaving in half an hour so it's time to check my list - phone topped up, electric meter topped up, packed lunch made, emergency book in full view, and wash put on phew!

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up by hellish calf cramps..... at 05:00... so tested.
5.0 am
went outside to see if I could see the planets aligned... too early and seems I was looking in the wrong place, should have been to the SE.... maybe next week
went back to bed slept.... in the end.
Good weekend to all

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'll take all the xxs I can get @Cumberland :) I'm really delighted for you I know how you've fought to get there xx from me

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Goodness @ally1 your fbg results are fabulous! I'm absolutely delighted for you

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 6.0
Its great to see something is finally working for you @ally1 , are your numbers pretty steady throughout the day now as well.
@13lizanne Im sure you will be.the.cutest chipmunk on the beach, I hope you enjoy your walk with your hubby. :D
****** bowt the calf cramps @hankjam thats not the best start to the morning, does it happen very often.
Enjoy your shopping @Diamum5972 I hope you.manage to bag some real bargains.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fellow knitters,we're too late for this year I think but maybe we could all get tickets for the Yarn festival next year ?

Reactions: 8 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers @4ratbags , it does for quite a while now... mornings especially... doc suggested quinine tabs... I think it might be a salt thing.. I drink a lot of water and don't cook with salt, just add when eating.. and maybe not enough... who knows.
Went to see Doc on Tuesday to review bloods... my bilirubins are up... liver function... keep an eye on it he said and agreed statins would not be a good thing if my liver was sensitive... stopped taking three different stat due to liver function issues... so that was okay.

What was interesting was it's the first time I've had a straight "can't do anything for you there" when I floated the discussion to my cold right foot... end of discussion.

@13lizanne bought some angora wool up at Forfar Christmas market to make a beanie.... it's a project, used to knit as a teen... so that was a number of years ago.

good work @ally1

Good walk this afternoon, first saturday walk for a long time.
Teaching myself Excel VBA for my work, which seems to be all consuming.
Radio3 playing James Levine conducts Wagner's Tannhauser now from the Met to do the cooking early
Tuna steaks, salad and red wine for dinner, then MatchoftheDay

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers @4ratbags , it does for quite a while now... mornings especially... doc suggested quinine tabs... I think it might be a salt thing.. I drink a lot of water and don't cook with salt, just add when eating.. and maybe not enough... who knows.
Went to see Doc on Tuesday to review bloods... my bilirubins are up... liver function... keep an eye on it he said and agreed statins would not be a good thing if my liver was sensitive... stopped taking three different stat due to liver function issues... so that was okay.

What was interesting was it's the first time I've had a straight "can't do anything for you there" when I floated the discussion to my cold right foot... end of discussion.

@13lizanne bought some angora wool up at Forfar Christmas market to make a beanie.... it's a project, used to knit as a teen... so that was a number of years ago.

good work @ally1

Good walk this afternoon, first saturday walk for a long time.
Teaching myself Excel VBA for my work, which seems to be all consuming.
Radio3 playing James Levine conducts Wagner's Tannhauser now from the Met to do the cooking early
Tuna steaks, salad and red wine for dinner, then MatchoftheDay
I have been on quinine tablets for 3yrs due to muscle spasms and cramps they work most of the time for me I take mine before bed. Tonic water is also good as that has quinine in.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been on quinine tablets for 3yrs due to muscle spasms and cramps they work most of the time for me I take mine before bed. Tonic water is also good as that has quinine in.

Hi @loulou99782 thanks for that. Doc suggested they could react with stomach and bit and then said two years ago they did a countrywide assessment of Quinine and the upshot was a lot of people were taken off it as they thought it was not actually doing anything good... and then, locally, a number of folk asked for it back, so I'm glad to hear from you, you think it is beneficial.... coz the cramps are really huge knots of muscle spasming, and it's not a great wake call!

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @loulou99782 thanks for that. Doc suggested they could react with stomach and bit and then said two years ago they did a countrywide assessment of Quinine and the upshot was a lot of people were taken off it as they thought it was not actually doing anything good... and then, locally, a number of folk asked for it back, so I'm glad to hear from you, you think it is beneficial.... coz the cramps are really huge knots of muscle spasming, and it's not a great wake call!
Not good I hate it when that wakes me at night. I always know that night and can tell the following day if I miss a dose