Type 2 Life

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a very stiff, painful and weak right shoulder and today my physiotherapist said it is rotator cuff syndrome or Frozen shoulder. Only imagining and further tests can tell. It's blooming painful though and she said it could take 4 months minimum to start making progress. Surgery is a last resort, I have had key-hole surgery done on my left shoulder two years ago.

That's far worse than I'm suffering - but I was also warned it could take a while to sort itself out. I've been taking ibuprofen (as recommended) but think it has little or no effect. I've also been given specific exercises to do. What about you?

Reactions: 10 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got shoulder rotator cuff syndrome and talking today with a physio about it, was told diabetics are more prone to this and that they don't know why. Interesting!
With you there @JenniferW left shoulder and it's a bummer....
exercises are proving a challenge at the moment.... but need the routine to kick in.
Good luck with yours.:)

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning. Get well soon @ickihun and @JenniferW. FBG of 5.0 mmol/l. Mild but rainy outside. Have a great day ! :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Almost 100% well again thanks. Family well too. Just off to do the supermarket shop with hubby, it's his day off today. Pelting rain and windy here and still darkish but we've got to eat so, out we go! :)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning so going in the right direction.
After a 6.7 yesterday morning I did a whole day of testing and still none the wiser
6.8 before breakfast and 6.3 after 2 hours.
6.4 before lunch and 6.6 after 2 hours.
6.5 before evening meal and 4.8 after 2 hours.
All meals were usual ones for me. Evening meal was my main meal. I am often lower after evening meal and 4.8 is quite normal for me at that time, though normally from a lot lower starting point. Carbs mostly from lots of different veg and blueberries.
Walking about the same as normal.
Sleep could be an issue as I have not been sleeping that well, A little bit of shoulder pain but nothing like what others here are suffering. I do feel for those and hope improvements happen soon.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.7 this morning, had a bit of a restless night (too warm!) but feeling a bit more human now. Going out for a meal tonight, one of the ladies at my knitting group is having a significant birthday but has chosen a Chinese restaurant so this should prove interesting. The last time I had a Chinese my BG went up to 12! Wish me luck :)

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
@Diamum5972 My local Chinese does a chicken with bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, mushrooms. onions in a chicken type stock. It seems to have no effect on my bg. I actually reduce my insulin if I have it.
Just stay away from the rice and noodles and you should be fine.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
@Diamum5972 My local Chinese does a chicken with bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, mushrooms. onions in a chicken type stock. It seems to have no effect on my bg. I actually reduce my insulin if I have it.
Just stay away from the rice and noodles and you should be fine.
That sounds perfect, thanks for the reassurance! I'm going to be choosing very carefully this time, I was only prediabetic the last time I went there. Now I have the benefit of experience

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Enjoy, you sound very disciplined in your eating @Diamum5972. I'm glad I'm not faced with that temptation although I'm salivating at the thought of @bigjohn9916 s chicken dish. Have a lovely time

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Enjoy, you sound very disciplined in your eating @Diamum5972. I'm glad I'm not faced with that temptation although I'm salivating at the thought of @bigjohn9916 s chicken dish. Have a lovely time
Thanks Lizanne, I checked out their menu earlier and they have a chicken and mushroom soup yum! I'm used to being careful when I'm eating out, I'm allergic to fish so this is just an extension of that.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Hi well eye examination at hospital over and eyes almost back to normal they were saying this service in my area has been put out to tender so who knows where it will finish up,all down to money I guess

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi well eye examination at hospital over and eyes almost back to normal they were saying this service in my area has been put out to tender so who knows where it will finish up,all down to money I guess

back to normal due to the drops? Would be interested to hear your experience....

Hj

Reactions: 2 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi I mean the drops(1 in each eye) that they use to widen pupils so that they get a better picture just stings for a few seconds then it's a 15 minute wait for pupils to react

Reactions: 4 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That's far worse than I'm suffering - but I was also warned it could take a while to sort itself out. I've been taking ibuprofen (as recommended) but think it has little or no effect. I've also been given specific exercises to do. What about you?
Interested to read that you are taking ibuprofen,and the chemist warned me off ibuprofen she said they are not recommended for people with diabetes,perhaps she was being over cautious.

Reactions: 2 people