ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
In a truly foul and ugly mood. I have isolated myself from the world so no one else gets hurt by the fallout. BGL's are frightening at this time. So fed up with everything !!!
Is it just your bgs that's upsetting you leslie?
It would be good if you started a new thread for the support you deserve.
Tell us all about it. A problem halved and all that!

Reactions: Ultramum

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @Mark Murawski .
Yes potato/chips/crisps, rice, pasta and none protein bread raises mostly everyones bgs and especiallt fbg.
Would you consider changing your diet to protect yourself from sugar damage to your vessels and organs?
We are here to support you. Maybe just change bread to protein bread and then change mash potato to cauliflour and chips made by potato to celeriac chips. Some have leek or courgetti instead of pasta. These important changes will make a huge difference to your sugar bgs and preventing fattyliver and some inflammatory damage.
Would you consider doing at least one for now?

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
In a truly foul and ugly mood. I have isolated myself from the world so no one else gets hurt by the fallout. BGL's are frightening at this time. So fed up with everything !!!

Been a bit the same myself Leslie. I havent been as kind as you and isolated myself from the world. Anyone who gets in my way just gets it in the neck.

Diabetes is very wearing, not only is there all the faff with testing blood glucose and seeming to live permanently in the doctor's surgery, but you have to turn down certain foods offered by friends and end up feeling like a weirdo when everyone around you is tucking into carb-laden food and you have to have something different. But the WORST in my view, is not being able to go and have a bloody BEER. It's Easter Holiday time and my facebook is full of pictures of friends drinking beer, eating cakes, pizzas and pasta.....and I am feeling thoroughly ****** off and sorry for myself. If I see another TV advert for easter eggs, I shall SCREAM.

And we won't even go into the side effects of some of our drugs, crazy doctors and friends and relatives who seem to forget that you have diabetes.

BAH!!:jimlad:

Reactions: KezG

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well that's the first time I've seen a "bah" humbug at Easter :) Usually Christmas @Providence 62 I do sympathise and empathise though. As a Mum having to make Simnel cake, buy Easter eggs and hot cross buns for family and friends really sucks big time. However, today I was told that diabetes was partly to blame for the bursitis I'm experiencing. Because of another medical condition I have I sometimes have to eat low residue (therefore high carb) foods and during this time my blood glucose levels soar. Just saying friend! I'm understanding your pain here. Keep fighting! Anna

Reactions: KezG and Ultramum

Knighthawk22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ahaha !!!
So in Lidl getting my usual shopping picks up a few protein rolls and as my bs levels have been really good as of late I decided a fresh mini pizza had my name on it feta cheese and sweet chilli. Proceeded to eat said pizza for lunch which was very tasty tested bs 2 hours later result 11.7 !!!! :wideyed: No More pizza for me then :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: KezG and 13lizanne

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So in Lidl getting my usual shopping picks up a few protein rolls and as my bs levels have been really good as of late I decided a fresh mini pizza had my name on it feta cheese and sweet chilli. Proceeded to eat said pizza for lunch which was very tasty tested bs 2 hours later result 11.7 !!!! :wideyed: No More pizza for me then :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Try making fathead pizza - all the taste and none of the BG

Reactions: Knighthawk22

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well that's the first time I've seen a "bah" humbug at Easter :) Usually Christmas @Providence 62 I do sympathise and empathise though. As a Mum having to make Simnel cake, buy Easter eggs and hot cross buns for family and friends really sucks big time. However, today I was told that diabetes was partly to blame for the bursitis I'm experiencing. Because of another medical condition I have I sometimes have to eat low residue (therefore high carb) foods and during this time my blood glucose levels soar. Just saying friend! I'm understanding your pain here. Keep fighting! Anna
@13lizanne I wonder which part is causing your knee problem. Must be the inflammation.
I wonder is it higher bgs or carbs that cause the inflammation? I know sounds a silly question considering be all know normally the same thing.
When I'm very low carb i still had high bgs. And inflammation. Too much protein made high bgs for me. Only insulin resolves/reduces inflammation, disturbed immune and helps me lose weight. I'm converted via endocrologist for the north-east.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At Endocrologist quick booked appointment late afternoon today. I have a list of questions. I think appointment has been arranged to eliminate thyroid not causing fast heart beats before cardiologist on friday makes a decision about forward care.
All scary stuff.
Neither wonder I'm losing weight! :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:
Hope the meeting went well, good luck today

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope the meeting went well, good luck today
Have to have invasive angiogram. No further forward til we know more from that. Up to 6wk wait. I've had a heavy chest all day. Luckily no pain like last week.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have to have invasive angiogram. No further forward til we know more from that. Up to 6wk wait. I've had a heavy chest all day. Luckily no pain like last week.
Oh honey, I'm sorry. Another stress full wait for painful(?) test.:(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh honey, I'm sorry. Another stress full wait for painful(?) test.:(
I'm hoping painfree. Your left with an incision on arm and bruising because of it.
I just hope they catch what im telling them, to see for themselves. Ive told him chest pain is off and on but getting more frequent. Since taking asprin i just have heavy chest no pain like last week. Well, as yet.
I have no power in my body, walking is like mountaineering and doing anything other than sitting perfectly still is causing water tummy and forearms to swell. I cannot do anything without it affecting my weight, strength and energy. Pain is telling me something wrong! Pelvic pain not as painful as chest now unless just feels that way.

lindisfel

Expert
What is everyone up to today?
Its sunny outside been cutting the grass but get out of breath more. Sorry to hear your not so well Ickihun, it will help when you get your results. If they got their act together they should be able to tell you your results for some tests on the day of your test. atb Derek

Last edited:
Reactions: ickihun

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun sorry to hear that you have to have more tests - hopefully they will get to the bottom of it soon.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun sorry to hear that you have to have more tests - hopefully they will get to the bottom of it soon.
I felt like I wanted to cry as I'm having to wait another max 6wks for it. I feel its getting worse. Although I've reduced my tramadol on a&e cardiologist advice. Upped it back again this afternoon as I was in agony.