Type 2 With Hypo's?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you often skip meals @JoKalsbeek ?.Just curious because i have done this IF and no it isn't for me. I didn't do to badly on it but i did get very shaky and no my levels didn't go low. Normal for me in fact. Also got nervous as well. So it seems many can go without food and some even days, but for me it would make me shaky, nervous and quite sick. Sleepless wouldn't help either. I did have a bit of a giggle at you saying your not normal. I can relate to nervousness especially around people and depression but since getting into my 50's and now 60's i really don't get that anymore but still remember it. I think your normal.:p
I skip breakfast and sometimes lunch, and have been for about 4 months now, I think... It was a bit of a nuisance in the beginning, as my stomach wasn't happy with it, but I (and it) got used to it pretty fast. I did hit upper-three's a few times then, but didn't feel hypo. I stabilised since into 4's and 5's, rarely sixes. I don't often leave the house on weekdays, so on the weekends I'll have breakfast, because I'm more active then. Maybe will skip lunch or have a late one though. But admittedly, this past weekend was a lot more active than I'm used to: Holland is flat, and there was a lot of upward mobility, so to speak, haha. Too many hills where I was, but oh, it was nice. Between that, pain, hormones, and sleepless nights... I guess something was bound to give.

And thank you. I hear so many other people having a hard time around others, and with depression, maybe I'm The New Normal? :angelic: I'm so glad I have this place... You guys made/make me feel so much better. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you think it through, if you skip breakfast, you are still in fasting mode and your body will adjust to it naturally. However once you have ate, your body because of the imbalance in your glucose/insulin reaction to that meal, your brain will demand more energy because of the circumstances you described. There are quite a few T2s, that cannot fast at all, because of the symptoms they encounter.
I have found in my weirdness, that eating before work, exercise is counterproductive to my well being. Maybe, in your case, you have to continually snack once you have eaten. It is so individual!

Reactions: JohnEGreen

achike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Difficult to comment on without knowing the medications you took. Happy that you are okay eventually.

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you think it through, if you skip breakfast, you are still in fasting mode and your body will adjust to it naturally. However once you have ate, your body because of the imbalance in your glucose/insulin reaction to that meal, your brain will demand more energy because of the circumstances you described. There are quite a few T2s, that cannot fast at all, because of the symptoms they encounter.
I have found in my weirdness, that eating before work, exercise is counterproductive to my well being. Maybe, in your case, you have to continually snack once you have eaten. It is so individual!
That does make sense. I wonder, if I skip breakfast on active weekends, what'll happen... The rest of the week I just have tea in the morning, but on the weekends, between being out and about and my husband enjoying a larger than usual breakfast, I like to join in and celebrate the day off, you know? (I have my usual eggs, he has his buns and whatnot). So I'll either stay in fasting mode, or I'll snack... Things to experiment with! Thank you! :) (Now I wish the weekend were upon us already, haha.)

Reactions: Lamont D

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Difficult to comment on without knowing the medications you took. Happy that you are okay eventually.
Nothing other than the mentioned sumatriptan 50mg and paracetamol 100mg. (I do have levothyroxine tablets, but I take those in the evenings.) Neither of which have impacted my bloodsugar before in the past two years, and shouldn't, as they're not NSAIDs or any such meds... But I've got a bit of a better understanding now of what may have happened. And I'll be experimenting a little to see what works best for me on days where there's stress and/or pain and/or more activity than usual planned. I'll be sure to have my meter with me next time, as well as some BitesWeLove nuts to snack on if the need arises. Thank you, I do feel better now, thankfully.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You seem to have abandoned all routine and done everything differently that day - I would be surprised to read that anything reacted as normal.

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Champs42

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
O often get dizzy, shaky and confused when my blood sugars are not very low. Even if I have eaten. I am utterly confused about it...

Reactions: jjraak