Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a Lidl protein roll for lunch today, with chicken, mayo, tomato and lettuce. I was very nervous about what my readings would be afterwards, as I haven't eaten any bread for 6 weeks. It was delicious.

1 hour after lunch = 7.4, 2 hours after lunch = 6.8 (pre lunch reading was 5.7).

Very pleased with that, and a Lidl roll might be my Saturday lunchtime treat from now on. Unfortunately the nearest Lidl to me is a 20 minute drive.

Reactions: 2 people

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
eggs bacon and tomatoes late breakup

been grazing on a few nuts

tonight a few crunched nuts banana orange kiwi and pear with cottage cheese. This was fir evening meal.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: chicken, creamy broccoli, The Bomb BK burger, no bun

D: courgette in butter, steak, egg, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Yesterday
From waking to midday. :Coffee with cream. 3 cups tea with cream.
Lunch scrambled egg, bacon and sausage
2 low carb muffins about 16hrs and a cup of tea with cream.
dinner:creamy cabbage, spinach with chick peas. cup of tea with cream and a piece green and black dark chocolate.
Sort of trying IF,14:10.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

L: chicken thigh, creamy broccoli, pepsi max

D: 2 lamb chops, broccoli and cauliflour with cheese sauce, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream, pepsi max, egg white cooked in butter

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government Leaders who feel they are the owner of ME.
This morning for breakfast i had the leftover, baked fish with roasted Sweet pepper along with roasted Tomatoes and roasted Onion, and a cup of tea, up late and just finished actually.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, This morning for breakfast was 1 poached egg / 2 slices of burgen bread . Not had 2 slices of burgen bread before will test BG in 2hrs. Have to keep sampling new things.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government Leaders who feel they are the owner of ME.
Hi all, This morning for breakfast was 1 poached egg / 2 slices of burgen bread . Not had 2 slices of burgen bread before will test BG in 2hrs. Have to keep sampling new things.:rolleyes:

I love poached eggs.

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Monday, Y'All!

Today is my low calories day and I'm on coffee and maybe some walnuts. My tummy is rumbling...

The weekend was something of a food-fest... Yesterday was full English, sausages, bacon, baked beans, egg, toast & oodles of coffee, followed by Star Wars, a really good walk and then late lunch (read that as supper!) of piri-piri chicken. I made rice for the boys and the OH and we hoovered up the rest of the coleslaw.

Saturday we had burgers - the boys had chips & the OH had chips whilst I indulged in celeriac fries. The boys then polished off the last of the Keema with rice and we ended up having a light snacky supper.

Tonight will be fish - Saw a recipe on Something For The Weekend a couple of weeks ago that I'm keen to make, Have already prepared the fish stock... NOM!

Chris Thailand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started today with the inevitable minced pork and chilli omelette, had a bowl of the belly pork and vegetable soup I make a vat of on a Sunday as work lunches for the week, had two boiled eggs when I got home from school and am now eating a 'yam met mamuang'-raw cashews dressed with spring onions, coriander, nasty little 'mouse ****' chilies and salt. I'm also having a beer or three which doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on my BG but will make me walk funny as I go home.
I've lost about 17 kilos so far with these dietary changes and am now down to 71 kilos and a 32" waist but as the weight has come off so the stomach upsets (metformin?) have increased to the point that I can time them to exactly four hours after my morning pill.
Difficult when teaching a class!
Anyone else have this continued reaction or any suggestions on a strategy to deal with it?

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
Nice lunch.
1 avocado mashed with lemon juice and garlic
1 sliced tomato
Chargrilled artichokes
Salad leaves
1 piece of sourdough toast approx 12g carbs
Oil and vinegar.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

L: ham, mayo, omelette with 2 eggs, onion, tomato and cheese, pepsi max

D: 2 sausages, 2 eggs, creamy broccoli, pepsi max

S: peanuts

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started today with the inevitable minced pork and chilli omelette, had a bowl of the belly pork and vegetable soup I make a vat of on a Sunday as work lunches for the week, had two boiled eggs when I got home from school and am now eating a 'yam met mamuang'-raw cashews dressed with spring onions, coriander, nasty little 'mouse ****' chilies and salt. I'm also having a beer or three which doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on my BG but will make me walk funny as I go home.
I've lost about 17 kilos so far with these dietary changes and am now down to 71 kilos and a 32" waist but as the weight has come off so the stomach upsets (metformin?) have increased to the point that I can time them to exactly four hours after my morning pill.
Difficult when teaching a class!
Anyone else have this continued reaction or any suggestions on a strategy to deal with it?

Loads of people on here have talked about slow release metformin - You'll find loads of information on here. As your weight has come down, perhaps your insulin resistance has reduced too. Have a chat with your healthcare professionals to try and work out the best treatment option for you.

Keep on doing well!

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, the fish dish was superb... pan fried sea bass, pollock and scollops. Roasted butternut squash and broccoli all placed in a bowl (a little bit arty to look pretty!) then reduced fish stock with double cream added and heated through. Very rich and tasty!

Tonight will be pizza for the boys followed by pancakes... for us it's a prawn stir fry.

Breakfast today is coffee and walnuts

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

L: Slice cheese, ham, mayo, pepsi max

D: 1 meat patty, 1 egg, broccoli, cauliflour, cheese sauce, pepsi max

S: chicken thigh, slice cheese

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, last night the boys indulged in pizza and pancakes. I must admit to eating the first two "failed" pancakes.

Went on to make prawn stir fry for the OH and me. Loads of veg, prawns, garlic and ginger. Oh, yes. And noodles. I tried to keep them down to a dull roar!

Breakfasted on coffee and fresh air - today is another low calories day.

Tonight it's veal burgers (the OH gets the bun, I'll have mine atop lettuce), and coleslaw. A colleague at work has brought me a half crate of Cahors from the parent's local vinyard. I will do my best not to open a bottle. Just to test it...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Breakfast a toasted crumpet

Lunch a sausage roll

Dinner tandoori chicken with basmati rice (only ate half of the rice though )