Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Tonight I had crispy duck, pancakes and hosin sauce. 2 hrs later BS of 7.4 so not a clever choice. I misread the carb content, and ended up eating 2½times the amount of carbs I thought. So guess I mustnt grumble at a 7.4

Crispy duck, oh I could kill for that just now! Had 1/2 sq of 90% for supper with 2 raspberries. Working until 10pm I'm hungry after work.

Digger-i-doo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1st breakfast: Lemon cheesecake square (sugar-free, low-carb, homemade)
2nd (hobbit) breakfast: Latte, low carb bun with sugar-free chia jam, ricotta cheese with blackberries
Lunch: Lentil soup and a salad (arugula, cherry tomatoes, cubed gruyere, avocado, plus oil and vinegar), lemon cheesecake square
Dinner: Homemade salmon burger on a keto bun, salad, glass of riesling, square of tiger butter

And lots of water.

Reactions: 2 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Missed breakfast yesterday and went for a walk to the fish shop (1 1/2 hr return walk).
Lunch: Small skate wing, dipped in milk then coated in coconut flour (an experiment, but it worked luckily!) and fried in a mix of butter and olive oil. Served with asparagus, samphire and spinach.

3 mile ( 1 hr) walk to work, instead of the quick 10 min walk

Tea: salad leaves (mix of baby leaves and watercress), small piece of poached salmon, bantam egg boiled, 3 cherry tomatoes, 6 green olives, and a small piece of brie

Walk after work at 10pm to meet my husband at an 'Italian Night' . Had a few pieces of mxd meats and some olives. One tiny taste (1 dstp ) of the wonderful sherry trifle (italian???). Pint of water with lime juice and a slice of lemon

Walk home at 1pm

I have no idea what my BS readings were through the day as I forgot to take my machine to work with me - must get another one to leave at work, would be easier. Would like to have known what it was after my long walk.
At 1am I was 8.3 the same as the morning reading. Then off to bed :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Lunch: Small skate wing, dipped in milk then coated in coconut flour (an experiment, but it worked luckily!) and fried in a mix of butter and olive oil. Served with asparagus, samphire and spinach.
Now that I like the sound of going to try that out as soon as I have the opportunity. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yesterday we had breakfast and lunch in one I know it's called brunch.

Was Egg poached in chopped tomatoes with chilli, garlic and chicken stock and topped with a few small cubes of goats cheese normally use feta but hadn't any left.

Evening meal was sausage and lentil stew with small serving of mashed. sweet potato.

Reefshark64

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Apricots,
Breakfast - 3 egg Omelette with hand full of cheese fried in butter
Dinner - salad, Home made Beef burger and Mayo, berries with Double Cream,
Snacks - Nuts, Single cream in coffee & 85% chocolate
I tend to skip lunch . LCHF keeps me full until dinner time

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sunday:
Fasting 8.7 at 6am
Glass water with lemon and lime added (fresh)
11am 8.7 still
11am late breakfast 1/2 avocado and a poached egg
1pm 8.3
1pm 4 scallops fried in butter with samphire and a small piece of baket camembert (baked in oven)
Off to work at 2.15pm short 5 min cycle
5pm forgot to test
5pm rest of avocado ( 1/2) , slice of brie and 6 garlic stuffed olives
7.15pm small piece of chedder cheese with ginger pieces in it (gift from family of resident at work)
10.15pm After short cycle back home 9.4

11pm - midnight Walk around town, for whole hour. Reading at midnight 5.6 :)

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Treated myself to a fry up this morning - Fried egg, two rashers smoked back bacon, 2 venison & pork sausages, tomato - as a change from nuts and fruit. Then chicken breast, tomato & 25g bag of Tyrells veggie crisps for lunch. Oh, and 4 cups of black coffee so far.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Salmon and crab for lunch with salad and strawbs. 4g carbs, 55g protein so far today.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: 1/2 avocado and poached duck egg
Lunch: 1/2 small baked trout (fresh from the loch yesterday :)) on a bed of mashed peas (boiled and then mashed with 1 tab spoon greek yogurt and a handful of corriander, 1/2 lemon and lime juice).. I loved it, but husband hated it and binned his!
Tea (at work) Tub of coconut yogurt and a very small bit of brie
Lg jug of lemon and water drink at work.

Would love something to eat just now, but not sure if I'm really hungry or just the old habit of eating after a late shift at work (home 10.30 after long way home from work)

Reactions: 4 people

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Turkey mole tonight, so far so good, but had tortillas with it. 40g carb per 100:banghead:
Didn't look till after I had cleared the plate. Lucky to get a 6.2 just under 2 hrs later. Fear for my fbg tomorrow

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: 1/2 avocado and poached duck egg
Lunch: baked chicken breast, asparagus, pepper and onion in olive oil. Steamed broccoli and rocket salad leaves
Tea: 4.45pm (at work from 2.30pm and was on an early break) mxd salad leaves, 1/2 avocado, 4 olives (all that was left), 2 slices of parma ham, small slice of brie.
Tea break: 7pm handful walnuts and 1 and 1/2sq's of 95% chocolate

Home by 10.30pm hungry so had a small tin of sardines (olive oil drained off).

The problem with a 2.30 to 10pm shift is that I'm always hungry when I get home. I have a decent lunch before I head off to work. If I have a 7am to 2.35pm shift I'm not hungry in the evening, nor with a 8am to 4.20pm shift, just the afternoon/evening shift. I wonder what my fasting levels will be in the morning :(

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
About to break my weekly fast at noon with a big fry up all cooked in butter. Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, toms. Yummy

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 6 people

Brodiebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabeties
I have knocked the bread on the head for the last two weeks, used to have two rounds with lids at lunch and filling, went down to one round, but wasnt filling. So have now started having 1 x can of Tuna with half a portion of Uncle Bens Rice and a mix of vegetables in a bowl, fills me up nice. breakfast is either scrambled eggs/ grilled bacon or Sardines, Mackrel. Tea and water throughout the day. Evening meal - whatever my wife makes (must make a meal now and then), but smaller portoins than i sued to have, trying!.
Funny thing is my stomach dont seem to be happy with not getting the carbs it used to from all that bread / cereal - sometimes get a few grippy pains - sure they will pass though. Feel loads better in just two weeks.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Celery, nuts, cheese and olives
11's Black coffee, strong
L: Cauli soup with loads of cheese and spoon of Aubergine chutney
16:30, expresso black.
D: 7 scallops, aubergine in tom garlic sauce and green salad.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
cooked a lamb tagine tonight, but it has sent the BG hay-wire 7.3 after 90 mins and 7.5 at 120 mins :banghead:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B: 2 grilled portobello muchrooms with 30g goat cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts/
L: 1.15pm Fried mackeral fillet (dipped in egg, then coconut flour) and fried in coconut oil and olive oil mix (husband hates coconut, but hasn't realised that I've been dipping fish in the flour!), kale, spinach and asparagus.
Off to work at 1.45pm and had longer 30 min walk over the hill and through a farm road, instead of the quick 10 minute main road route.
T: At work, so had tea at 5pm Salad leaves, 1/2 avocado, small piece of brie, 6 olives stuffed with garlic, 6 baby tomatoes. 1 spring onion.
Snack: 7pm Few walnuts with 2 sq 92% chocolate.
Lots of water with lemon and lime throughout the day.
Home from work at 10.15pm trying to ignore that I'd like something to munch on. Will take a bottle of water to bed with me!

Off to Inverness next week for a few days, so will visit the Tesco store near my son and stock up on the 95% chocolate.

Reactions: 4 people